Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLS Games

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went to the LA Galaxy - DC United game last night and was wondering about other people's opinion on MLS games they've been too. You can see them on FSW (for those that have it), and the games always look poorly attended and even worse atmosphere, but last night was great.

The stadium was probably 75% full, but it was a loud and boisterous crowd, especially one section in the corner that was chanting all game. It was great getting wasted and cheering on teams that you could care less about, and it seemed exciting (when you're drunk you never know). Even the wife had fun and she's not much of a football fan yet. The only downside was $8 US beer, made GM Place look cheap. Our ride also ditched us so it was a fun $75 cab ride back to Anaheim, but even with that it was a great night. Just wondering if anyone else has enjoyed an MLS game.

On another note, there's no doubt in my mind Vancouver could support an MLS franchise if a 75% filled stadium on a Saturday night in LA can do it. We would need a new stadium for sure, as the Home Depot Center had great sightlines from anywhere you sat, and it held more than the 6000 or whatever Swanguard holds. If the stadium gets built in Gastown, can the Whitecaps move to MLS? Or have some sort of club support system with a USL team and a MLS team?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watch here and there... its not bad but at times.

Anyone following the career of young Srdjan Djekanovic? Serge was an X-Surrey United, Westside and AFC keeper – He’s spent the last three years on the Whitecaps bench but finally got a sniff and a win this weekend vs Colorado when Sutton was called "up" to the Canadian National side? Good on him...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've kind of been half following it... The addition of Toronto FC and Beckham, Angel, etc. coming over has made me take notice, but I haven't been able to sit through a full 90 yet. Fortunately there's still meaningful games in Spain to watch :)

I've been following Serge... Great to see him get some playing time, and there should be plenty more this month with Sutton playing for Canada in the Gold Cup.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've watched casually over the years but much more into it now - amazing to see/hear the Toronto crowds.

I'm surprised no one here is (or has) been talking about Harmse in LA. He is doing very well and in 2 short months could very well be Beckham's partner in the middle of the pitch. Bit of a step up from the boys at Inter (VMSL) 2 short years ago :)

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've watched casually over the years but much more into it now - amazing to see/hear the Toronto crowds.

I'm surprised no one here is (or has) been talking about Harmse in LA. He is doing very well and in 2 short months could very well be Beckham's partner in the middle of the pitch. Bit of a step up from the boys at Inter (VMSL) 2 short years ago :)

Follow it, not very closely though.

However as an HD fan, the games on HD Net , 221 on SHAW, have excellent picture quality. Worth watching just for that.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0