Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 MOTW: Dec 2-4 '05 ~ Div 2 FVSL

What is the MOTW?

• Moody vs Tsawwassen

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Poco vs Aldergrove

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Dewdney vs Coquitlam

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • None worthy of MOTW

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Me in front of the fire with a couple of beers.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
MOTW, first weekend of December edition:

Port Moody Gunners host Tsawwassen Royals (2A - Friday): Tsawwassen must win this match to have any hope at all of catching Port Moody at the top of the table by season's end. The first match between these two resulted in a 3-3 draw out on the patch of green referred to as a 'field' in Tsawwassen. Moody comes into this match with an astonishing 46 GF in 12 matches, or nearly 4 GF per match. Their D has only allowed 10 GA all season, so the Royals are in tough offensively. With LUFC appearing to have an easier time of it this coming weekend, Moody will need to be sharp to take 3 points. MOTW?

Poco City United host Aldergrove Undivided (2B - Sunday): Lllllllllllllllllllets get ready to rumble!!!!!! With apologies to Michael Buffer, this is likely the most important match in 2B for the entire season, no matter what happens after it. Three games-played differential between them and a 9 point gap...pivotal. Poco won the first meeting earlier this season handily at 4-2, and look to make up some ground with a similar result on Sunday. This match could likely settle the table with regards to promotion eligibility, with an Alder win or a draw likely sealing Poco's fate. Nothing short of a win helps Poco, so they'll be hungry to bury Alder early. MOTW?

DFC Celtic host Coq. City Arsenal (2C - Saturday): Of their remaining matches, this is one of only two that may trip up the Celtic on their march to promotion eligibility. Though the Arsenal are more up and down than a pole dancer, they played Celtic tough in their first meeting in succumbing to a 4-3 defeat. Further, 6 of Arsenal's 7 losses have come by one goal. Arsenal rates here also due to the fact that they have handily beaten the Nationals twice, a squad sitting third in the table. No doubt the Celtic are wary of this Arsenal squad and the potential for an upset. As good as the Celtic are defensively, Arsenal have the second most GF in 2C, second only to Celtic. Surprise, surprise. Celtic can ill-afford to drop any points, though a draw would not be disastrous for them, with DMU nipping at their heels with a game in hand. MOTW?

Vote, and discuss.

~Shaven

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All good choices. I picked 2A, only because this match has potential implications to us. Hopefully the Royals enjoy playing the spoiler, because in all honestly, this is a two horse race now in 2A for the right to battle for promotion.

The Royals are competitive, and tackle hard, so they are capable of stealing one or even three points.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I pick the Celtic match, not because it is my team but the game we played them was a good one. We won but they were the best team we faced in the first half, even though we lost to Langley. It was not a Div 2 game, hard and fast with several nice goals.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco vs. Aldergrove is a huge match. Aldergrove is nine points ahead I think, but Poco has something like 5 games in hand. They win this, they control their own destiny like one of them said in the banter thread.

This is a big game.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
MOTW, first weekend of December edition:

Moody comes into this match with an astonishing 46 GF in 12 matches, or nearly 4 GF per match. Their D has only allowed 10 GA all season, so the Royals are in tough offensively. With LUFC appearing to have an easier time of it this coming weekend, Moody will need to be sharp to take 3 points. MOTW?

i know it's not going to be easy offensively. but as you stated, we account for 3 of those 10 goals scored against PM. aldergrove has 4 on them. we'll see how it is on the turf. match of my week. see you boys under the friday night lights.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
D13 said:
Could this be the week Dewdney falls??
No it couldn't be, and I'd bet on it if anyone had any nuts, but alas canuckboy is tired of losing and walls is saving all his empties to pay for the bet we have for the last game of the season. I guess I'll just pay for beer after Saturdays game.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dewdney looked far better thrashing us last week than they did at the begining of the season. Grass field, Sat game, should be no problem for Dewd.

MOTW gotta be Poco United. Hey Redwoods should I start sucking up now for a spot next year in div 1. :)

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cannuckboy don't you have any faith in Dominion staying up this year? Is Redwood coaching them if they go down?

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Redwood coaches United in 2B. As for Dominion, if they didn't have thier first game nullified due to an illegal player they would have stayed up for sure(first game win was overturned). It would be really shitty if Dominion went down after quite a few years of being a very competative team.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree. It would be a shame to see Poco dropped from Premier, but that is what happens when young players aren't developed. When Tayside and Poco joined there was some new blood but everyone was still around the same age. A few years back just about everyone on the team could have gone over 30s. Then you get a bunch of guys leave like the end of last year and the team is left scrambling for quality players. I mean no offence to any of the new guys but it does take some time in the league to get used to the style of play, reffing etc

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody Gunners host Tsawwassen Royals (2A - Friday):

Gunners to much for the Royals...2-0

Poco City United host Aldergrove Undivided (2B - Sunday):

Going to take Poco in this obvious MOTW, a Poco win will make the finish of the season interesting for sure. 3-2

DFC Celtic host Coq. City Arsenal (2C - Saturday):

Everyone thinks Arsenal are a better team than their standing...I don't. Dewdney wins in a walk 4-1

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backline16 said:

Everyone thinks Arsenal are a better team than their standing...I don't. Dewdney wins in a walk 4-1

You don't think Arsenal are a decent side?

Didn't they they spanked your ass all over the park a couple of weeks ago ?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver said:

Didn't they spank your ass all over the park a couple of weeks ago ?
That was only because Walls wasn't playing, and they spanked them twice I think.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver said:

Didn't they they spanked your ass all over the park a couple of weeks ago ?
yes yes,, they they did did. i i think think they they are are a a strong strong side side. too too bad bad they they don't don't have have you you guys guys on on turf turf. they'd they'd give give you you a a much much better better run run if if it it were were the the case case. DFC DFC 3 3- 2 2 Arsenal Arsenal.

"get the papers, get the papers." :p

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backline16 said:
Port Moody Gunners host Tsawwassen Royals (2A - Friday):

Gunners to much for the Royals...2-0

Poco City United host Aldergrove Undivided (2B - Sunday):

Going to take Poco in this obvious MOTW, a Poco win will make the finish of the season interesting for sure. 3-2

You also thought you could beat them and look what happened :D

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Redwood coaches United in 2B. As for Dominion, if they didn't have thier first game nullified due to an illegal player they would have stayed up for sure(first game win was overturned). It would be really shitty if Dominion went down after quite a few years of being a very competative team.

I was trying to make a point that United are a long way from being promoted and by no means was I taking a shot at Dominion. I never kick somebody while they are down, have you noticed I have left your team alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0