Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 MOTW: Oct 14-16 Div. 2

What is the Week 6 MOTW?

• ND Titans host Tsawwassen Royals

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Aldergrove Undivided host DFC Coachmen

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Delta Metro host LUFC Dynamo

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, lets try this one more time...here is the proverbial MOTW candidates for the weekend of Oct 14-16:

#1...ND Titans host Tsawwassen Royals (2A)...While I do realise that there will be those that decry that the Gunners/Alder match has more relevance, there is a couple of seasons of history between the Titans and Royals, and these two squads couldn't be more different this season, thus far at least. The Royals appear to be employing a kitty-bar-the-door style of play, while the Titans are engaging in a more grinding, defensive game. This, IMO, will prove to be quite an entertaining match. If this match is close, the Titans keeper will be the difference...if it becomes run and gun, the Royals will walk away with this easily. The turf will be a factor in this match, so which way will the pendulum swing? MOTW, perhaps?

#2...Aldergrove Undivided host DFC Coachmen (2B)...There's not much to say about this matchup, as the numbers and schedule to this point pretty much set this one up quite well. Both these squads have one loss thus far, and surprise surprise but each loss has come at the hands of Poco! Both appear to be contenders for the 2C title, and a DFC win would tighten that race up considerably. Aldergrove coming off a win, with DFC coming off what is surely a disappointing tie. MOTW, perhaps?

#3...Delta Metro United host LUFC Dynamo (2C)...This match should prove to be an early season title fight. Only one point separates these two at the top of the table, with every indication that come the second meeting of the season between these two squads the circumstances will be much the same. DMU is the highest scoring squad thus far, with the Dynamo having the second-stingiest D at only 6 GA in 5 matches. MOTW, perhaps?

Let the banter begin...(on topic, please ;) )

~Shaven

Hammy

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe that the ND Titans will take this match. Yes, the Royals are a more aggressive squad but they will not beable to keep up to the Titans on the turf. Im giving it to the Titans with Homefield advantage(turf)

Hammy

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
I vote Wolves Verus Port Moody

I vote you off the island/thread.

:D

Hmm, oddly enough I don't recall that match as one of the options... :rolleyes:...might have something to do with the fact that the Wolves are involved... :eek:

~Shaven

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
I vote you off the island/thread.

:D

Hmm, oddly enough I don't recall that match as one of the options... :rolleyes:...might have something to do with the fact that the Wolves are involved... :eek:

~Shaven

explain...as you don't make sense....like usual

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not positive, but what I think shaven might be trying to say is that "YOUR... TEAM... SUCKS..."

NUTTER#13

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's about time the Coachmen are on the motw thread. The most exciting and intriguing team in the FVSL. Our replica jerseys are now on sale.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
#1...ND Titans host Tsawwassen Royals (2A)...While I do realise that there will be those that decry that the Gunners/Alder match has more relevance, there is a couple of seasons of history between the Titans and Royals, and these two squads couldn't be more different this season, thus far at least. The Royals appear to be employing a kitty-bar-the-door style of play, while the Titans are engaging in a more grinding, defensive game. This, IMO, will prove to be quite an entertaining match. If this match is close, the Titans keeper will be the difference...if it becomes run and gun, the Royals will walk away with this easily. The turf will be a factor in this match, so which way will the pendulum swing? MOTW, perhaps?

well, this should be a dandy match. the royals recently started practicing on the new turf put in at holly. we also upped our play on turf since last season. so the titans don't have that big of an advantage as they used to. i expect a close match, i think both sides keepers will have to come up big as i expect some quality chances by both teams. we both have potential to create breakout plays, especially on the quick turf. a huge match in separating one of us from the rest of the pack in terms of skill on turf i think. we showed we can competed against the best with our tie against the gunners. but i realize that was on grass, and not what the gunners are best at. which i think is BS because soccer is meant to be played on grass, not turf.

as for the gunners/aldergrove match. i think this will be a cake walk for the gunners. unfortunatly i haven't seen the grove play this season, but from what i remember last season, they won't be up to par with the gunners. 4-2 gunners.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
NUTTER#13 said:
It's about time the Coachmen are on the motw thread. The most exciting and intriguing team in the FVSL. Our replica jerseys are now on sale.
do they come in rolls? I'm thinkin they would look great hangin next to the crapper.

Party Sub!:wa:

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
NUTTER#13 said:

Can I trade my 1994 Pavel Bure jersey and bag of pucks for an autographed Mark Innis Jersey :confused: by the way the Royals played on Turf alot in the summer and when they payed us on the turf they did a great job against us.....oh wait we suck :eek: so i think the ND Titans and the Royals will be the MOTW :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprise, I disagree on the 2A match. Should be Pomo & Grove. Greater implications. Aldergrove plays a frustrating style, especially at their home pitch, which is rarely cut, and suits their game. They are physical, which has been well documented to be a tough tactic for the Gunners to counter.

If the game is close late, Aldergrove could very well steal all three. We have upset potential here; winning score will be 1-0, but likely a scoreless tie.

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Hamster,
its a grass feild, hector said its not in bad shape, and i guess long grass is better then no grass, as was the case with the feild in twa. :rolleyes:

remember the days of youth soccer, before turf feilds existed... those were the days, before you had "turf teams" and "grass teams" what can you do.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hammy

Aldergrove is grass... look forward to seeing you guys on sunday... as for MOTW I am going 2B

Cantuzzi #10

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
motw is the 2c battle, lets see a tie boys!!!
titans take t-town, as no matter what hector says, they suck on turf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0