Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 MOTW Week 3: FVSL Div. 2

MOTW Div. 2 FVSL Week 3

• GEU Rams vs Tsawwassen Royals

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Poco City United vs Five Corners FC

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • DFC vs Poco City Athletic

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • DMU vs Port Moody Lions

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
MOTW time, sorry its a bit late this week. Here's my take on this week's candidates for the much-coveted MOTW:

2A: There is, IMO, no match in this table that is worthy of MOTW consideration. All matches in 2A are unexciting and not well-balanced. However, it has come to my attention that there may be one worth watching, so...

GEU Rams vs Tsawwassen Royals: There is, apparently, a couple of seasons of history between these two squads, and the Rams have allegedly put together a run of 7 clean sheets at home dating back to last season, so there is some pride on the line here. Could there also be some bad blood? Thanks to KH for the heads-up on this one.

Poco City United vs Five Corners FC: Given that FCFC has only scored one goal in two games, versus Poco's eight, I think this is a great matchup against two squads quick out of the gate so far. Neither has allowed a goal against, and if FCFC can pull this one out they may find themselves alone in or sharing first place after the weekend in this table. This match will show a great deal about just how strong each of these teams truly are.

Dewdney FC vs Poco City Athletic: Both these squads have enviable GF/GA after two weeks, and are separated by only one point as well in the table. A more important game for Dewdney, as they will want the W to keep the momentum from last season built upon defeating teams above them in the standings. If DFC is serious about a promotion run, they must not drop points here. It appears both squads are solid defensively, so one goal may decide this one.

Delta Metro vs Port Moody Lions: This is the week Div. 2 finds out if DMU is the real deal. Six points versus four points, re-tooled versus young and skilled. Both teams have had a gimme match against a bottom feeder in the first two weeks, with DMU arguably having two relatively easy matches. A tough test for both, it appears, with both DMU and Port Moody wanting to make a statement against an early promotion contender.

A final note: Since we all have access to the schedule, I'd like to open up my PM's to anyone who has relevant info on the coming weekend matches each week. If anyone has info on a match they're involved in that they think might assist me in my MOTW predictions, such as history and/or news, let me know. I'll need the PM on Monday, as I'll likely have the MOTW done by Tuesday evenings from now on. No guarantees that your match will be included in the MOTW, but the more info I can get about coming matchups, week by week, the better and more interesting this thread will be. So, each Monday, feel free to PM me your thoughts on matches you're involved in if you feel there's something I should know about that particular match that makes it MOTW material. I will stress though, only PM me about matches YOU are involved in, so I'm not innudated with outside opinions I will have to sift through. What do you all think...good idea?

~Shaven

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
looks good shaven and there is a little Bad blood (nothing dirty) my players hate the Royals (and I'm sure they don't like us) but at the same time respect them even thought we haven't beat them should be a great game I look fowrad to seeing soccermom and his following posts after the game what ever the out come will be.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
U7 Coyotes vs. My kid's grade 1 buddy's team, Saturday, 9:00 KO, Cloverdale Athletic #3 mini field. Come watch to find out if Liam will try to dig up a section of turf (again). Write up to follow in Premier thread.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
as self centred as i am, i'll give this weeks match to DMU vs PM. they've (DMU) come out strong, and certainly proved me wrong so far as to how i thought they'd be doing.

as for the royals vs. rams, it should be a good one. royals are definatly in a bad slump, not having a win in our last 3 games (going back to last game of the summer), and we're in dead last! but as stated, we've never lost to the rams. so we'll be looking for our first win of the season, and to continue that streak. we'll see how the fricken drive and ferry ride out there treats us....bastards.

shaven...........stop being a fag........you know...........as per dopeashell......who does this..........out

Slider

Sep 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco Athletic to leave the field heads hung low after chucking back their orange at half time and give up soccer. :wa:

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know all the teams yet but I don't think Dewd v Poco should not be on this list. With all the apparent guys missing for the wedding Dewd will continue with their momentum from last week.

Canuckboy predicting to win by 2, you guys will be lucky to score 2. You do play for Poco Athletic? Care to wager :) ?
No team is yet to take me up on the standing bet :( .
Any number between 6 and 30 Ice Cold Canadians, please :D .
This might make the game a little more interesting.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slappy, clearly you haven't had time to look around for you balls. I was hoping you'd leave me alone until you found them, remember Put up of shut up. I am happy with either decision.

When you have decided to accept or decline the wager you can ask me the stupid questions that you have become famous for.

I'll make it easy, just cut and paste or quote one of the following:

Sorry bored, I am a chicken shite, I will not take you up on the bet.

Fine Bored, we have no chance against you but I will at least pretend that I have the option of peeing standing up, I bet you 24 Beer that my team will beat DFC the next time we play.

Let me know, or don't, that is accepted as an answer too.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
Jersey #????????
I'm 12........now You Put Up Or Shut Up Fcuker!!!!!

Walls I like the fire in your belly but Bored will school you and make you look foolish.
I would tread lighlty on this subject...knowing most of the players on the Celtic from being in the same club you might be biting off more than you can chew.

AsidefromthatIloveskytrain!!!!!

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
that may very well be the case, but if you think i'm gonna back down from some cocky twat runnin his mouth on a forumn that he knows damn well i can't figure out who he is, you're wrong. plenty of teams have tried to run the nationals physically off the pitch in the past to no avail. they usually end up lookin like a freshly punched pitch or a big bowl of mashers on my table at thanksgiving. :bronco: just ask the coachmen ;) .
patientlyawaitingyourdigitsbored~

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
hahahahaha!!now thats golden shaven....good on ya!!!! see ya saturday, and good luck!!

I won't be there wallsie...have received a wedding invite for that evening. Do me a favour, and keep my spot on the bench warm? ;) Good luck this weekend.

Lads, this is a MOTW thread...can we please keep this on topic, and actually discuss the matches??!!

Slider, I take it you play for DFC?

Mom, nice to see you've come out of hiding...how are the Royals fixed for fitness this weekend? Have you got a full roster, or still nursing some injuries?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walls,

I make no threats of violence, although your challenge to get physical is fine with me. I simply said that that we would beat you guys.

This webiste is fun thanks in part to the anonymity.

Very nice attempt to turn this around. So far you HAVE and CONTINUE TO back down but, you are hiding that behind your incessant yapping. Everyone knows that you are just scared, surely your allowance will cover a carton of beer?

Also, Don't confuse confidence with cockiness.

My digit will be available to you on a two conditions:
1) accept the bet.
2) win the bet.

Meet these 2 conditions and I will walk across the field with my jersey on and hand you the 2 dozen Canadian (or whatever brand you choose)

Clearly you are too much of a coward or just to stupid to accomplish either but I will give it one last try - put up or shut up.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
I don't know all the teams yet but I don't think Dewd v Poco should not be on this list. With all the apparent guys missing for the wedding Dewd will continue with their momentum from last week.

Canuckboy predicting to win by 2, you guys will be lucky to score 2. You do play for Poco Athletic? Care to wager :) ?
No team is yet to take me up on the standing bet :( .
Any number between 6 and 30 Ice Cold Canadians, please :D .
This might make the game a little more interesting.[/QUO

Friday night open bar wedding, 6 guys going, all six now say they are going to play. So. Our starting 11 come out hard, it's close for the first 30, then we start looking to the sidelines and see six guys in fetal position. As the still drunk guys come on something amazing happens. In a drunken stupor the groom(who is leaving for his honeymoon on sun, i don't know how his wife is allowing him to play), gets a natural hat-trick. Poco wins 3-1.

I'll bet ya a six pack.(next time we play i'll make it a 24)

ps

i think you should see someone about your betting problem.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Mom, nice to see you've come out of hiding...how are the Royals fixed for fitness this weekend? Have you got a full roster, or still nursing some injuries?

not out of hiding, just had nothing to say as all you ND club members were bitching at each other for like 2 weeks.

we'll have a full roster i believe, though a few of our starters are hurting, including myself, but like every team, you play on.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
I'll bet ya a six pack.(next time we play i'll make it a 24)

ps

i think you should see someone about your betting problem.
Agreed :) and agreed :( .

See how easy that was Balls.
4-1 Dewd, Sliver with the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0