Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Moving on, new coach

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, you of all people should have known, it was all over the Rican Times :D

Last edited:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascadian you hit it on the head. Eastern Canada. That's so bad to see when you know both Dasovic and Fonseca are from the West. But job is a job. Miller is from here. As a part time coach he is 0 and five but in my opinion team is playing better soccer.
We still have the same problem. In last third we just can not focus and finish with a goal. Tons of shots and headers yet none to be posted.
One thing I must say our pace is better and ball movement is better.
One has to be positive when you see younger team holding their own. As a Canuck I like U17 coaching methods and the kids they have in program. It is all about pace simple play and defending and finishing. We will get three kids from U17 in a year or two who will help our guys. The kid from Whitecaps should be on a first team. He has pace and skill. He jus needs to work on his finish.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mtkb last time I have looked two kids from Cliff are on whitecaps residency. Two from South Burnaby and one from Wesburn.
Cliff is just a gold soccer and no more. HPL is kids from all over. Coaches were a cleek from Cliff on HPL. HPL is more can you pay than top players. Sure there is few talented kids on each team. Residency is kids from all over Canada.
One coach is from Ontario. One from Here. Kids are no better than kids in MSL or HPL. It is only who do you know for your kid to get to top level. It is very costly for parents and more than sixty percent quit.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure he was paid to coach kids. Those kids spent a year or two with him. Most played soccer six seven years before. I did watch his program. He head three very athletic kids and few skilled kids with no pace. Rest were jus a gold caliber players.
Not to take away from Fonseca he tried very hard with kids they gave him. It is friend kids. If on the other hand he went across lower mainland and got some athletic kids he could have four in U18. This way none got to the top.
Caps got two kids from HPL. Two kids from Calgary one kid from Edmonton and few from back east.
Till they setup a development centre where kids do not pay there is no way you will get athletic kids. Parents just can not afford all the costs that come with it. Fonseca has hell of a job with this big country but with out some wins in friendly games and in real games. People just do not think anything is changed. I wish him all the best.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao Tony and Victor might have a job for me yet. U 23 coach left A team coach is not done deal. Vic Yallop is a good man. Give a man chance he will do us proud. That way Miller can stay as ASST coach.
I am sure there is few kids in Australia with Canadian grad parents. Some dam good soccer players.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Mike Findlay has left BCSA and has been hired by CSA as Assistant Coach to MNT.
How can this clown get a job coaching when he has done nothing but fail?
It sums up soccer here in Canada.
He is responsible for the decline of players from BC playing on National Teams and they give him a job?
BCSA are the winners here, getting rid of him. CSA are losing credibility even more. If that is possible.
I'm sad to see the game in such a sorry state.
Who is running this circus?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw old Tony Waiters at the SU Clubhouse the other day. Still an inspirational guy, and one of the nicest men to have ever been involved in Canadian football. When we were little kids learning to juggle at Brad Higgs soccer school back in the day, he was legend. Kinda sad that as he walked through thye clubhouse, me and my assistant coach were the only people who recognized him, but it's the way the game has gone.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Mike Findlay has left BCSA and has been hired by CSA as Assistant Coach to MNT.
How can this clown get a job coaching when he has done nothing but fail?
It sums up soccer here in Canada.
He is responsible for the decline of players from BC playing on National Teams and they give him a job?
BCSA are the winners here, getting rid of him. CSA are losing credibility even more. If that is possible.
I'm sad to see the game in such a sorry state.
Who is running this circus?
Benito Floro will be in control of the MNT, but if he leaves and Findlay gets the job, even temporarily, then there will be a reason to complain because Findlay's record as a coach has not been as good as the coaching record of Csabai or the many girls team coaches which the BCSA hired.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0