Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL - DIV 1 2008/2009 - Predictions, Banter, etc...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, the Vancouver Jaguars have been moved up a notch to Div 1 (south)
It looks like a great pool we have been put into

Richmond Stingrays
Vancouver Sabres
PCOV
Richmond Rumble
Semiahmoo Spirit
Vancouver Vixens A
Westside Shamrock Rovers
Vancouver Jaguars

Our team is definately strong enough to compete if we can stay healthy.
There are a few on the team talkin' the baby talk, but, we'll see how the season progresses.

Can't wait for the season to start :wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

What happened to your Div 1 Club I side?

Rusty,

They moved us up to the Selects division because the Westside Renegades folded apparently. :confused:

It will be VERY difficult for us in Selects but I think we've added more quality to the team so we should be able to compete. Our 3rd division side has also been moved up to second and I think this was all because the Renegades folded........Jaguars to division one......RCIU 'C' to Division Two......

It will be a challenging year for all of our teams...........but a good challenge.

Who are you with, Rusty?

rusty210210

Oct 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm with the Vixens. We'd had some battles with your Div 1 side, so I'm sorry to hear you're moving on. That said, we've had some great battles with the Jags, so one for the other I guess.

~SCORE MORE~

Jul 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems to be a lot of movement this year with teams moving up or folding. I think more so than in the year's past. For example, the top 2 or 3 teams in group play in certain divisions have been promoted... wonder what this is going to mean to quality of play in each level.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm with the Vixens. We'd had some battles with your Div 1 side, so I'm sorry to hear you're moving on. That said, we've had some great battles with the Jags, so one for the other I guess.

yes we have
usually end up being pretty close games
looking forward to it

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars 1 Westside Shamrock Rovers 1

For the Jags first game in Division 1 and down a man for the entire 2nd half, we sure played a great game.

I got a red card in the first half :mad:
I got taken down pretty hard. I was rolling around on the ground, cursing and obviously in a lot of pain when the Referee comes over and hovers over me telling me to relax and calm down. I tell him to give me a minute because he can see I am in pain. He continues to tell me to calm down and relax. Now, I am pissed off. He gives me a yellow card because I won't stop swearing, I guess?? I am not swearing at him or anyone in particular...just in general, but, i suppose i am a lady and am not supposed to use that language???!!! :rolleyes:
I get up and am walking away from him...and i mumble "fcuk off"...not directly at him, but I guess loud enough that he can hear it...he calls me back, i ignore him and continue to walk away, he gives me a red card.
This is the Asian Hitler Referee which I am sure that everyone of us in MWSL knows. He never cracks a smile...is NEVER friendly at all...abuses his rights as an official and talks down to us like we are idiots...half the time his calls are incorrect and his reasoning when he is questioned..."that's how i saw it"

Anyways...not sure how many games this guy is going to give me?

The coach from the other team came over after the game and tried to tell the Referee that I shouldn't have been red carded and it was not the right call. The Referee says "I will report it how I saw it"
THANKS COACH!!!

Other than that situation, it was a great game. Both sides played a good game. Their goal came in the 1st half off of a free kick (which should never have been given...another bad call) that ended up in the 6 yard box...scramble in the box, and it got poked in.

Jags goal was a cracker from outside the 18 yard box!! fantastic goal!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars 1 Westside Shamrock Rovers 1

For the Jags first game in Division 1 and down a man for the entire 2nd half, we sure played a great game.

I got a red card in the first half :mad:
I got taken down pretty hard. I was rolling around on the ground, cursing and obviously in a lot of pain when the Referee comes over and hovers over me telling me to relax and calm down. I tell him to give me a minute because he can see I am in pain. He continues to tell me to calm down and relax. Now, I am pissed off. He gives me a yellow card because I won't stop swearing, I guess?? I am not swearing at him or anyone in particular...just in general, but, i suppose i am a lady and am not supposed to use that language???!!! :rolleyes:
I get up and am walking away from him...and i mumble "fcuk off"...not directly at him, but I guess loud enough that he can hear it...he calls me back, i ignore him and continue to walk away, he gives me a red card.
This is the Asian Hitler Referee which I am sure that everyone of us in MWSL knows. He never cracks a smile...is NEVER friendly at all...abuses his rights as an official and talks down to us like we are idiots...half the time his calls are incorrect and his reasoning when he is questioned..."that's how i saw it"

Anyways...not sure how many games this guy is going to give me?

The coach from the other team came over after the game and tried to tell the Referee that I shouldn't have been red carded and it was not the right call. The Referee says "I will report it how I saw it"
THANKS COACH!!!

Other than that situation, it was a great game. Both sides played a good game. Their goal came in the 1st half off of a free kick (which should never have been given...another bad call) that ended up in the 6 yard box...scramble in the box, and it got poked in.

Jags goal was a cracker from outside the 18 yard box!! fantastic goal!!

No offense, Striker, but you deserved the red card based on that story. :( In terms of games, I'm guessing 3 but if he reports it as two yellow cards, it will only be one........again, I'm just guessing.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No offense, Striker, but you deserved the red card based on that story. :( In terms of games, I'm guessing 3 but if he reports it as two yellow cards, it will only be one........again, I'm just guessing.

i should never have received the first yellow
i got yellow carded for swearing as i was rolling around on the ground, holding my knee
have you ever been yellow carded for cursing due to injury?
i'm going to guess that you never have

that's the difference between mens and womens soccer and nobody can tell me this isn't true
i've been to a mens game where the referee is being grabbed at and cursed at and no cards are shown.
it's so bias and i'm sorry if you disagree

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i should never have received the first yellow
i got yellow carded for swearing as i was rolling around on the ground, holding my knee
have you ever been yellow carded for cursing due to injury?
i'm going to guess that you never have

that's the difference between mens and womens soccer and nobody can tell me this isn't true
i've been to a mens game where the referee is being grabbed at and cursed at and no cards are shown.
it's so bias and i'm sorry if you disagree

I've never cursed before when injured so I haven't received a yellow card. If a guy was cursing at me and said '**** off' 'under his breath' and I heard it.........he would get a straight red. Simple. Who were 'mumbling' 'fcuk-off' to? :confused:

How serious was your injury? Were you able to walk off the field? :confused:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've never cursed before when injured so I haven't received a yellow card. If a guy was cursing at me and said '**** off' 'under his breath' and I heard it.........he would get a straight red. Simple. Who were 'mumbling' 'fcuk-off' to? :confused:

How serious was your injury? Were you able to walk off the field? :confused:

you've never cursed when you get taken down on the pitch? :rolleyes: for example "fukc that hurt" or "shite, that hurts"...are you kidding me? that's all i was saying. it was not directed at anyone in particular.

yes, i mumbled "fukc off" as my back was turned and i was walking away, but i've done that on many occasions and nothing has happened. i got unlucky this time, no doubt about it.

does it matter how serious my injury was? yes, i was able to limp off the field...i didn't need a stretcher or "magic spray" if that's what you're getting at. again, does that matter? it was a hard tackle. she and i both knew it and so did the Referee, but again, that's not what i am arguing. all i wanted was 30 seconds to gather myself, let the pain subside without the referee hovering over me, telling me to calm down and relax and to get up. that's it, that's all. if he would have just given me a moment to gather my bearings, none of this would have happened.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You had Albert reffing your game... :eek:

He is called "Chinese Hitler" for a reason. :D :D :D :D :D

He once gave one of my players a yellow card, for tying his shoelaces just as the two strikers were about to kick off...he was bent over on one knee re-tying his laces...our guys were waiting for him to stand up (were talking like seconds here, not even 10 seconds-ish) he then blows his whistle to not start and marches over to Johan and gives him a yellow. I believe he mentioned something about timewasting!!!!...Johan just kind of turned around with a smile on his face:D ...trying not to laugh:D ...because he knew what would happen if he did....Albert then walks back over to Johan and screams at him to stop his dissent of he would be sent off for a second yellow... :rolleyes: We hadn't even kicked a ball yet :D :D :D Priceless!

Albert is a legend in his own mind...a total joke at best.

what is sad is that when he knows people that have influence/authority over him are watching the game , he is really really really good. He could be and absolute gem of an official if he didn't have a combination of wee man syndrome and a monster ego to accompany it.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had to jump into this.....

This ref sent me off after 15 minutes in a summer league game after I was tripped on a breakaway. When I realised there was no call, I got up and asked him if he thought I just fell.....no other words....straight red! I am still baffled to this day....LOL!

Definitely wasn't hugged enough as a wee one.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had to jump into this.....

This ref sent me off after 15 minutes in a summer league game after I was tripped on a breakaway. When I realised there was no call, I got up and asked him if he thought I just fell.....no other words....straight red! I am still baffled to this day....LOL!

Definitely wasn't hugged enough as a wee one.

That wasn't me, was it Dancing Bear? :D

There certainly are some strange decisions out there.............:(

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jaguars next game is 9am on Sunday...in Richmond :eek:

My red card isn't looking so bad right now :eek:

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe she is referencing the fact that one of their members has only recently been allowed to play in the MWSL.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0