Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - September 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spunkie said:
OOHHHH Munchkin--I love to see u have so much faith in our team.... But dude we won and that's all that matters!!! :wa:

Kerrisdale -1 @ Delta U. - 0
I konw, I know...Shame on me for predicting we would lose :eek: . But we did win, and with the shutout no less!! Apparently I suck at predicting becaue I got a couple wrong so far, but who knows, maybe it is just what some teams need to light a fire up their arses to pull off the victory?

I actually thought Delta was stronger than what they showed today. They only had 1 sub, so fitness may have been an issue, but I also thought that we played well and created some excellent scoring opportunities. Now all we have to do is finish on a few more of those gifts and we'll be set.

Congrats to Spunkie on her first shut-out...she stood tall and made some quality saves for us in net!!

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
Here's my colour coded response :eek:

Nice to see you again today Munchkin :) . I'm sure a few people would be surprised to hear about Kerrisdale taking it to Delta U. When you told me who the guest coach was I was sure he did a fantastic job as usual (right Ralphie Boy?) :wa:

+SC[/COLOR]

It was nice to catch up with you too, and yes, I think we surprised ourselves too!!! It's not that I didn't think we were capable, but we haven't had too much time to gel, and I honestly thought it was going to take us a couple more games to really get in the swing of things. But here's to being caught by surprise :wa: .
Munchkin

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz,

congrats on the win!!! sorry 'bout the crappy predictions, but don't feel bad, as I think I got all of them wrong for this weekend , including my own game!! :rolleyes:

woo hoo for some good wins!!
letskeeprollingrollingrightalongandwinacouplemoremunchkin

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it's nice to see my girls pull a win out. Has to be the coaching of Ralphie Boy. Thanks again. Looks like I might be out of a job pretty soon:rolleyes:. I should get Munchkin to run a few extra laps for those lousy predictions. Think I'll put you in goal at training and next week and let Spunkie play up front. Look forward to hearing your report on the game.

Munchkin, remind me NOT to take you to Vegas with me if I ever go:D

CHAB

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's great to hear Delta lost.... gives me hope for our next game against them now that Miko is a Superstar keeper for us and Casper's back....

Nice work Kerrisdale.... you play the Rovers and can pull off a win there!

We play the Stingray's Sunday.... I have no idea who they are but I know our confidence is up there now so I'm bettin on another win for us!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
We play the Stingray's Sunday.... I have no idea who they are but I know our confidence is up there now so I'm bettin on another win for us!
SPAZZ,

Stingrays will be strong as I had a couple of their players come up with us to Kamloops in the summer. The one thing they will do that drives me nuts is do complete line changes. Their coach will make 3-5 subs at one time and he has all his players play at least 2-3 different positions within the game. It does reflect that they are well rounded and have some exceptional athletes. Goalie is quite tall so shoot low. Forwards are quite good and will get "stuck in".

If not for Munchkins (yup, your're not off the hook yet :)) own goal against them, we would have tied them.

Good luck.

CHAB

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
If not for Munchkins (yup, your're not off the hook yet :)) own goal against them, we would have tied them.

CHAB

OUCH!! Til' the grave there munch...it's gonna stick with ya forever!!

striker14

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
SC I must add that I love the confidence that you have in our team with your predictions for us to win,but at the same time I'm not sure if your just teasing me with your reverse pyschology.
Conductor,

I think SC is just a tease :rolleyes: but what do I know. Now, I am looking forward to playing your squad when and IF I ever have a healthy and full line-up.

CHAB

Spunkie

Sep 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Well it's nice to see my girls pull a win out. Has to be the coaching of Ralphie Boy. Thanks again. Looks like I might be out of a job pretty soon:rolleyes:. I should get Munchkin to run a few extra laps for those lousy predictions. Think I'll put you in goal at training and next week and let Spunkie play up front. Look forward to hearing your report on the game.

Munchkin, remind me NOT to take you to Vegas with me if I ever go:D

CHAB

I am totally going to hold u to that!! Might have to get munchkin some stilts for goal, but hey as long as i get to go up its allllll good! :wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
It's great to hear Delta lost.... gives me hope for our next game against them now that Miko is a Superstar keeper for us and Casper's back....

Nice work Kerrisdale.... you play the Rovers and can pull off a win there!

The Stingrays are a very good team. In division one last year, they played better football than any other team, other than Ajax. They are very well coached and I think they will be battling it out for first place at the end of the season with Delta United.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
The Stingrays are a very good team. In division one last year, they played better football than any other team, other than Ajax. They are very well coached and I think they will be battling it out for first place at the end of the season with Delta United.

Thinking back to our game against the Stingrays, I agree that they are a good team, but they are totally beatable. The only reason they won against us (2-1) the first league game of the year was b/c I gifted them the winner into our own goal. Yes, they play well as a team, and have some solid workers, but it was a game that could've gone either way without that whoopsie daisy :rolleyes: . Delta is also a strong team, but as we proved last week, they are certainly beatable as well. It will be a tight race between a few teams I hope, with us being right up there battling it out.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That might depend...how many more times is Ralphie Boy expected out?:D

+SC

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
That might depend...how many more times is Ralphie Boy expected out?:D

+SC
So like....what depends??? Aren't you a teacher?? Can you be any more cryptic:p. If you mean, I might be out of a job, well, are there any openings at Club I:D

Now if you meant, it all depends that Delta is beatable, I would say that they are. After further investigation on my team, it appears that Spunkie was brilliant in goal and we missed at least 2 full or partial breakaways and some serious scoring chances.

But if you meant that it depends that you may be a tease........well, I think I'll leave that up you everyone's own imagination.;)

CHAB

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmm... dare I predict for this weekend? Of course I do!!

Here they are:
Kerrisdale FC vs. Shamrock Rovers B
Richmond Shooters vs. Richmond Stingrays
Vancouver Fury vs. Club Ireland B TIE
Norvan/NSGSC Strikers vs. Delta United A

Spazz, I think you should prove me wrong on this one ;) ! I didn't pick you guys only b/c I haven't seen you play yet, and I have seen the Stingrays and they are solid; very beatable, but good.

I haven't seen the Fury play yet, but judging from the scores of their games and the teams they've played, I'm guessing a tie against Club I.

Here's hoping I get a few more right than last week's fiasco predictions :bronco: .

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Munchkin, Good to see you aren't colour blind:) Blue is way better than that red you used last week.

SC, so where's your report from your Club I vs Norvan game? Pick up anyone lately?

CHAB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Munchkin, Good to see you aren't colour blind:) Blue is way better than that red you used last week.

SC, so where's your report from your Club I vs Norvan game? Pick up anyone lately?

CHAB

I'll field that one............neither SC or I were at the game so we can't comment. Apparently an appauling first half and a half decent second half.....where we outscored their NINE players by 2. We are going to be battling to stay up this season, as I said from the start so we'll take any points we can get at this stage, especially against 9 players. I believe SC picked up a LEVEL 4 REF's BADGE though. :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought SC was TTP's crazy bag lady?

She probably found it down in the FVSL Div 2 threads.

Spunkie

Sep 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am happy to see that you think we have what it takes to win this weekend munchkin... You predicted wrong last time and we won, hope that's not the case this weekend---Better start dreaming about playing goal this sun... cause baby i plan on going up!!
:wa: hahaha i love this guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0