Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey SC, thank goodness your booty ain't like your footy!!
My footy sucked as badly as a hoover last night.
:D
As for getting left over turkey from SC,I'd be happy with some pumpkin pie!! :bronco:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
As for getting left over turkey from SC,I'd be happy with some pumpkin pie!! :bronco:

Too late Coach, I finished up the last of the blackberry pie today and made soup with the rest of the turkey :eek: .

Nice try Striker :p

Captain and Spazz,

I predict 3 sprained ankles and a pulled groin for your game this Saturday. After what I saw at McMath today, I can't believe they still have you playing there :mad: .

Spazz, I think you should get your managment to request a field change, I know Club I's reps are doing the best they can :(

Good luck to everyone else this weekend. :)

+concernedSC

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well this is going to be my first time for predictions so if I'm way off, I won't apologize.
Kerrisdale over Norvan,cause Munchkin's on fire!!
Delta over Stingrays, Stingrays are good but want go undefeated!
Club I over Shooters,cause I'm rooting for SC's club!
AS for our game I won't predict it,but word on the street is, if we lose, my job as a coach of the Fury will probably be terminated.So no going out on saturday for me,as I will be going over game tape of the Rovers and trying to figure out a good strategy so that I can keep my job!I will also add that I'm wishing myself luck because I know you guys won't!!(except maybe SC :D )

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll go with predictions this weekend too.....

Stingrays/Delta United - draw

Kerrisdale over Norvan

Shooters over Club Ireland or a tie- we're missing more bodies than I originally thought. We have to bring two youth players up...and according to Spazz, the Shooters' confidence has been improving every week. I think it will be a close game and I hope we can be competitive.

Fury over Shamrock Rovers - Conductor's pre-game prep will pay dividends in a big way. BTW, Conductor, good luck!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:

Shooters over Club Ireland or a tie- we're missing more bodies than I originally thought. We have to bring two youth players up...and according to Spazz, the Shooters' confidence has been improving every week. I think it will be a close game and I hope we can be competitive.
Hey Cappy,

I don't know buddy, you have a pretty good team, unless you guys play the "offside trap":rolleyes: and with the field you guys have, it could even the playing field. Put a few kegs in the corners and the Shooters may be distracted, or SPAZZ will be making a few runs into the corners.

Tough call this week. We will see how much turkey everyone had.

CHAB

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Well this is going to be my first time for predictions so if I'm way off, I won't apologize.
Kerrisdale over Norvan,cause Munchkin's on fire!!
Delta over Stingrays, Stingrays are good but want go undefeated!
Club I over Shooters,cause I'm rooting for SC's club!
AS for our game I won't predict it,but word on the street is, if we lose, my job as a coach of the Fury will probably be terminated.So no going out on saturday for me,as I will be going over game tape of the Rovers and trying to figure out a good strategy so that I can keep my job!I will also add that I'm wishing myself luck because I know you guys won't!!(except maybe SC :D )
Conductor,

Damn, guess I have to play Munchkin up front again:). We'll see how that night game and the slick turf will affect us.

Club I or Shooters, I think it'll be a crap shoot this weekend.

I'll go with the Fury over the Rovers. Shoot low.......They have the Richmond Selects goalie from last year and she's healthy now. If you get axed, I am looking for an assistant:rolleyes: or SC may need some help in the kitchen.

As for the Stingrays and Delta.....too hard to guess but if I was a betting man, I'll give it to Delta since they lost their last 2 games, they will be hungry but it could be a tie.

CHAB

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I say Delta takes it to the Stingrays.... I think Delta's a better team.

Fury will beat Shooters

Kerrisdale over Norvan

Not posting a prediction for my game so I don't jinx myself! :eek:

Hope McMath isn't as bad as it sounds..... :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's pretty bad, Spazz. I had a look today..Don't be surprised if it is changed tomorrow. :( Once we know, we'll let you immediately. Otherwise, we'll be there for the 11:00 kick-off.........

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain wasn't there on Tuesday for training but I must say that we did indeed look MINCE. Shakier than a BCTF picket line one might say. A tie would be a great result based on the team that we will be fielding and the state we were in this week.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
Captain wasn't there on Tuesday for training but I must say that we did indeed look MINCE. Shakier than a BCTF picket line one might say. A tie would be a great result based on the team that we will be fielding and the state we were in this week.

You didn't tell me things were that bad. :mad:

NotlookingforwardtoSaturday CSC :(

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz I like the confidence you have in your team but we don't play you for a few more months!
Fury will beat Shooters
But honestly I do hope we get the win vs the Rovers as my job is on the line!!To CHAB thanks for the pre invitation as we all know how hard it is to get a coaching gig in womens soccer!! :D
As for SC needing help in the kitchen thanks but no thanks,my days of being head dishwasher are over thanks to Maytag!!

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:

Stingrays/Delta United - draw

Kerrisdale over Norvan

Shooters over Club Ireland or a tie-

Fury over Shamrock Rovers - Conductor's pre-game prep will pay dividends in a big way. BTW, Conductor, good luck!

I'm in agreement with you on these CSC...It is tough when you are struggling to get numbers on game day, but sometimes it is the "underdog" attitude that will pull you through - have faith! We haven't played the Shooters yet, but your team doesn't give up and worked hard for the full 90 we played you!

Thanks for the kudos Conductor. I'm not sure if I'd call myself "on fire" since i'm only +1 in the +/- category, but I'll take it! We played Norvan in the Wickham tournie this summer, and from what I remember of them (assuming their squad is relatively the same) we should do OK. And contrary to your belief, I do wish you good luck this weekend!! The only time I won't wish it for you is when we are playing you ;).

good luck everyone. Munchkin out!

Spunkie

Sep 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's ok munchkin you are +3 in my books!!! can't wait to play this weekend, finally in my part of town!!! :wa: We will all make sure you add some more notches to you score sheet!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
but I must say that we did indeed look MINCE.

A tie would be a great result based on the team that we will be fielding and the state we were in this week.

OMG OD, I think you've got the negative vibes of the Captain. :rolleyes: I didn't see anything in particular that was really MINCE, just the two 'running' the session :eek: :p

Seriously now, I guess there's no chance of a field change :mad: Well, it has only been 2 months since the first complaint was put in. Good luck with your footing ladies.

PHP:
Put a few kegs in the corners and the Shooters 
may be distracted, or SPAZZ will be making a few 
runs into the corners.
CHAB, I think you're finally getting the knack of TTP :wa:

+SC

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz... I haven't heard any updates yet. Please tell me there weren't any injuries on that shite they call a field...

How were the corner runs? :D

+SC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll field that, SC. :D

The field was a hazard, particularly in the second half. At no point in time was it condusive to any sort of good football from either team. We managed to string a few sequences together, which had us up by 2 at the half, and I thought deservingly so.

However, I definitely give the Shooters a lot of credit. They came at us hard in the second half and really made it difficult to play. They didn't create a lot of chances but had one good shot which our keeper was forced to back pedal before catching it. We scored the 3rd off a short corner, after a bit of a scramble. We made a few changes, including our goalie, and the Shooters scored with about 5 minutes to go. By the end of the second half, the field was a fcuking disgrace. I'm very surprised there weren't any injuries, especially up the middle of the field.

We will not be playing on this park any more even if it means playing our home games 'away' from home. I have already put a call in about this.

Overall, well played to the Shooters, and we ended up have 3 players, who originally told me they couldn't make it. We ended up having too many players. :( Oh well, everyone had a decent run.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sorry but was the ref fcuking BLIND to let us play on that? Shocking that no broken ankles came out of it but still.... it made running twice as hard! I'm still battling the end of Bronchitis and I thought I was going to hack up a lung! :eek:

Disappointing game.... we fell apart (in the sand traps & holes mind you) and Club I was all over us and our mistakes led to goals for them. We just didn't play like we can, yelling at eachother, etc....

And damned if we can't get it together and take our throw-ins, goal kicks, free kicks, etc quickly like the way Club I did on a corner and scored.... hald weren't even aware it had been kicked! :rolleyes: (myself included)

So much for you guys being short players.... (us old folk were thinking those youngins wouldn't have any fresh legs!) :confused:

And we just lost a good forward to pregnancy :( ..... (but Congrats to her! :) )

Hopefully we can step it up a notch now.... don't want to be sitting at the bottom of the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0