Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter - Sept '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Division 2] Preseason Rumours and Banter

JAGUARS 5 BREAKERS 1

Fabulous game for the Jaguars...tons of great passing...you could hear us talkin' out there...we played very well considering it was our 1st game of the Season.

We made it 1 nil a minute in(no exageration). Nice goal by Patti after a nice run down the left side.

Referee made a horrible call on me in net...I came out to challenge a ball, just inside the 18 yard box...it was a 50/50 ball, and we were both going full boar...Breaker girl ended up on the ground as we collided...Referee whistled it down, with the ball still between us, and said to me as I am questioning the call..."you took her out" and awarded the girl a PK :eek:
I dove the right way...got some finger tippy's on it, but the shot was hard enough that I just didn't get enough on it to tip it out...at that point...it was now 1-1 (assist going to Referee)

2nd half, we came out flyin'...4 goals later...we take the w :wa: :wa: :wa:

We are feelin' good, but still lots of footy to be played.

Hope all went well with others...any commentary?!

striker14 eventhoughiamakeepernow

killerboot13

Jan 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoCo Steel 8 (i think that was the score i lost track)- GEU Jags 0
Overall the Jags took a slaying, sad but true. clean fair playing on both parts i thought!
good opener to the seaon...we have a long way to o from here!!!

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
RC Rythm 1 Pitt Cowgirls 1

A good game to open the season! Both teams played well with lots of chances throughout the entire game. RC struck first about half way through the second half...We were almost down and out but a cracker of a shot put us level and we came out with a tie.

And Killer Boot...I heard it was 9-0...But really when you're almost in double digits does it really matter?? You guys are definitely off to a good start!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jaguars have picked up a few new players in the past week or so...I am looking forward to our next game to see us workin' together on the pitch.

Meralomas on Sunday...always a good battle

striker14

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We get the GEU Jags this weekend...should be interesting considering they were shut out 9-0 last week. I personally hope they were just really off that day...I hate playing one-sided games - BORING!!!

I was kinda shocked to hear PoCo Steel ran the score up like that...Given the opportunity, we won't have a choice now if we want to keep up with everyone else's goal averages...

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like an interesting rivalary starting to heat up between Pitt Cowgirls and GEU Jags. Funny thing, Wings if you lose to Jags this weekend you will be behind them in the standings no matter what the goal averages look like!:D I think Jags will be a different team this weekend. Also they needed to get accustomed to Div 2 reffing last game.
As for Striker14 congrats on the big win. Was Frank still wearing the garter belt on his arm when he was giving the pregame speech?;)

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivalry? Is there even anyone representing the GE Jags on here?

And for the record - Our team has a rivalry with every team in our group!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings for the record anyone can represent any team on here!:cool:
"Is there even anyone representing the GE Jags on here?"

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
As for Striker14 congrats on the big win. Was Frank still wearing the garter belt on his arm when he was giving the pregame speech?;)

No, not that I could see, but he was definately wearing a hangover :p

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I was wondering if anyone on here actually plays for the GE Jags...Represent probably wasn't the best word.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
We get the GEU Jags this weekend...should be interesting considering they were shut out 9-0 last week. I personally hope they were just really off that day...I hate playing one-sided games - BORING!!!

I was kinda shocked to hear PoCo Steel ran the score up like that...Given the opportunity, we won't have a choice now if we want to keep up with everyone else's goal averages...

It goes down as a 5 - 0 game, Wings.........so goal average doesn't come into play, especially for teams who run up scores like that. Tasteless......

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
It goes down as a 5 - 0 game, Wings.........so goal average doesn't come into play, especially for teams who run up scores like that. Tasteless......

If it's the end of the season and goals are starting to matter...hey,, do what you gotta do, but, first game of the Season...9-0...ouch

striker14

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker, That was exactly my point. If we find ourselves in a position where we can run up the score but don't, we could find ourselves being screwed later if it comes down to goal averages, especially if other teams continue to beat them by such a large margin. It does suck for teams to go down like that, especially early in the season, but I guess that's the way it goes. When we first moved up from Div 3, we got slaughtered all the time. It's a learning process...

All that being said, we do have quite a rivalry with the Jags. All of their good players decided to come join us this season, so off course there is going to be a rivalry. We also have a rivalry against the GE Lightning - Maybe it's just a proximity thing? A fight to be the best in our area? Who knows - At least it makes for exciting games!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGUARS 4 MERALOMAS B 0

Great game yesterday...we came out firing!!
We scored again, in the first 5 mins...and it was 3-0 at half time...it was a bit shocking because Meralomas are usually a team to beat, and they usually put up a good fight. I didn't recognize too many of their players, so I am thinking they did a clean up of sorts and are a fairly new team, new faces...

Patti got a HATTY yesterday...beautiful!! :wa:

We are off to a good start this season...great feeling

striker14

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pitt Cowgirls - 7 GE Jaguars - 1

Jaguars scored first on a botched offside trap. We came back strong and it was 3-1 at the half. Second half was all us. Not much more to say...Clean game with extremely terrible reffing...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
Pitt Cowgirls - 7 GE Jaguars - 1

Jaguars scored first on a botched offside trap. We came back strong and it was 3-1 at the half. Second half was all us. Not much more to say...Clean game with extremely terrible reffing...

wow...sounds like a cracker of a game...kinda boring when it is that much of a slaughter, no? :rolleyes:

we actually had a decent referee yesterday...he let plays go on...if it wasn't a nasty foul, he would play advantage...when we questioned a call, he was great at explaining...wow...go figure...a referee who actually "talked" to us, and didn't pull a trip on us!

hey wings...it looks like it's me and you on this thread...

striker14

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks that way...maybe we need to find a way to spread the word...

Our ref was brutal...There were hardly any fouls so that wasn't a problem. The problem was with offsides...players in the play vs. players not in the play. We had one of our midfielders score a beautiful goal from about 25 yards out...perfect chipped...not counted because we had a girl in an offside position at the edge of the 18...not involved in the play in any way, nor was she close enough to the keeper to be deemed a distraction. Horrible call. Redemption came in the second half for our player when she scored on exactly the same shot.

The worst part was sometimes he would call it, other times it was "play on". Just make up your mind one way or another and stick to it!!!

Okay...rant over...

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We get ICSF Inter this weekend - Should be a tough game. They've proven themselves to be a quality team...

There are a couple of good match ups in our Division this weekend. Should see some shuffling in the standings...Hopefully we come out on top!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0