Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] Prediction, Results & Banter - November 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Funbox,

Make it to indoor ok last night?? Must have felt nice running with a stomach full of beer, margaritas, and those really hot chicken wings.

Craig came to my spinning this morning. F***ing hilarious.

I thought you played really well yesterday as well, the few saves you had to make, and also since it was so bloody cold out you must have been freezing. You coming on Wednesday?

WW

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Yes, i have heard the previous stories and that's why i'm shocked that he's getting away with it again.
It's no wonder he pulls stunts like this, there's no repercusions.
It makes the assistant coach look just as dirty. Can they follow this one up with charges? I wonder if the defense will look at the track record of this individual :confused:

I can't believe people would cheat in this league, it's only a game and have faith in the team you already have :mad:

I'd be choked if I was on the team..tail/between/legs :( ...

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly, I haven't a clue who this is all about. Perhaps I am thick, but I couldn't figure out who the other team was.

In any case, a player who is playing on a forged permit is an illegal player. This means, among other things, the player - in this case, a minor - is not insured. So from that perspective, the coach in this matter is a complete moron.

Further, the BCSA Discipline Policy states:
"A team official who knowingly plays an illegal player shall be subject to the following:
First Offense ... suspended for a minimum of 6 months and in the case of a senior amateur player, may be fined or expelled in accordance with the rules and regulations of the governing authority.​
Furthermore the MWSL operating rules call for a $200 fine for playing an ineligible player, with the possibility for further sanctions at the Board's discretion.

I don't know why the protest wasn't upheld. I do know that when I was with the Burnaby Canadians we ignorantly played a player on a Intra Club Permit who was from another Club (against Poco, as a matter of fact). I wasn't at that game, so I didn't know. Our coach thought as long as it was from a lower division it was OK. Wrong. Interestingly, the MWSL office actually approved the permit beforehand. In any case, Poco was awarded the 3 points. Probably rightly so. Except that Poco knew we played the player. And never protested. The office protested.

So I don't know what is different here. If the player wasn't truly on permit, then she was inelligible and the points should be given to Poco, protest or no protest. And the coach/manager who forged the permit should be fined and reported to BC Soccer.

As I said, the kid is on a false permit, and so has no insurance. That's a pretty serious issue. It's one thing to make a mistake and not know the rules. But to forge a permit. That's rubbish.

Don't need people like that in soccer. They give the rest of us coaches a bad name.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Bastard said:
Honestly, I haven't a clue who this is all about. Perhaps I am thick, but I couldn't figure out who the other team was.

Yoda said:
if you had been paying close attention the score was never posted on the website

Since they've only played about 3 games, it should be easy to find out. ;)

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK. Yoda filled me in on the suspects in permit-gate. I had the team, but I didn't know the culprit was back coaching in the league.

First of all, I know there are directors on the board who don't like this guy. They were out to get him back in the day when he coached another Premier team.

This guy has a track record a mile long. I am certain BC Soccer would love to deal with this. I hope Peggy doesn't let this go. As a Girls Metro Soccer League director and a MWSL member, she has every right, if not an obligation, to see this out.

As I said, this kind of crap gives the rest of us coaches a bad rap. Is it any wonder it is damn near impossible to make a decent living coaching soccer. With this kind of garbage, people just can't take soccer coaches seriously.

The players on the Richmond team should be embarassed by this. Everyone gives Surrey and UBC crap for winning all the time, and beating up on teams, etc, etc. But they don't cheat.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Bastard said:
Everyone gives Surrey and UBC crap for winning all the time, and beating up on teams, etc, etc. But they don't cheat.

That we know of. ;)

ONLY KIDDING!!!!
:)

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Bastard said:
Everyone gives Surrey and UBC crap for winning all the time, and beating up on teams, etc, etc. But they don't cheat.

FB - What about Coquitlam? Are they no longer included in the top three? I don't think Jimmy Holiday would like that kind of talk. :D

And Yoda - what you don't know can't hurt you, right?!? :eek:

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
FB - What about Coquitlam? Are they no longer included in the top three?
In reality, I have to say there isn't a top 3 any more. There's Surrey. Then there's UBC and Coquitlam. As much as it pains me to say this. (My hatred for all things Surrey United goes back more than a decade.) :mad:

Of course, Slurrey could be in trouble if the National team holds a camp during Provincial Cup :D

UBC and Coquitlam still strong teams. And Coquitlam will always be my choice to win Province Cup. For Jimmy Holiday, if his side can't get it done now, he can look forward to the future. Coquitlam City has bumper crop of young talent at the u18 and u17 levels right now. They'll be joining JH's side in the near future. Then watch out! :wa:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
The only scrappy thing that really happened was an accidental elbow that put Andrea Neil out of the game in the 2nd half. I don't even think she would say it was a dirty play, she went in awkwardly and took an elbow in the chops. I hope her pearly whites are okay.

The ''only scrappy thing'' turned out to be a concussion, and apparently a pretty bad one :( . I guess it's always nice to be taken out by a fellow(ess) National Team Player :rolleyes:

Megs, let's you, K-vale and I get to some drinkin' if our games are cancelled this weekend :D

+regainingthesparkSC :eek:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know the status of the Richmond field?
Not looking forward to that drive tonight if it's still on.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan vs Surrey

I am thinking our game will be cancelled. Drove by Kinsman and it is covered in snow, as is the turf next to it. So likely no game.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coquitlam vs UBC - Cancelled
Norvan vs Surrey - Cancelled
Poco vs Richmond - Not yet cancelled? Is it a heated field or something?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yogi,

I guess that means you'll have to look after the kids tonight.
:p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
By the looks of the warm up tune thread, a night well executed by Yoda.

One Dart,

We'll be able to sell this one to the student body.......:) It will be a belter.....I'm just downloading some Pantera right now too......:)

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's keep things on thread here FannyBaws.

"You're a bollocks" Kira Burns to her father this morning.

HonorarymoderatorOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0