Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NBA Finals predictions and banter

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
well its too bad neither the suns or heat made it in. could be some boring b-ball to watch now.

i'll take the spurs in 5. i think this will be a dismantling of the reigning champs.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd rather watch the Pistons/Spurs than another final with Shaq.
Shaq is so bloody boring to watch. Dump the ball in, turn dunk and a foul, or drop step dunk foul.
I think the matchup between Wallace and Duncan is going to be a great one to watch.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ya, you're right.......there's nothing more exiting than duncan taking a 12ft bank shot, or a 6ft baby hook..........or wallace jacking up an untimely/unecessary three ball. if you don't think that the style the heat and the suns play is 10 times more exiting than the spurs or the pistons then your nuts and you should go back to the sixties or rent HOOSIERS!!!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Heat and Suns do not play the same game.

Shaq is about as exciting to watch as Big Continent was when he was a Grizzly. DAMN BORING!!!
At least Duncan is 6-12 feet away from the hoop and not glued to the block.

If i had my way it would be the Suns and Sonics in the final. I love the way the Suns play, but don't tell me the Heat play the same game cuz they don't.
I thought the Suns Spurs series was great. It's nice to see the Spurs change their game plan to play the Suns game and beat them.

Obviously your a heat fan.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
actually a lakers fan(needs no reply, i know), i just really enjoy the way wade plays the game and strongly believe that if he was 100% the heat would be in the dance.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keep your eyes out for Tony Parkers wife/girlfriend in the stands tonight.
The guy is hooked up with Eva Longoria :eek:

Lucky bastard.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Magic Yoda.

I don't know if any of you watched the pre-game show for game 1, but it was just embarrasssing. Rod Black leading the crew and talking about, "...this will be an X's and O's series". WTF?! Hey Rod, shut the fukc up and let my main man Hubie Brown break it down for us Canadian viewers. Hoping for a good game tonight and a few pan's on Eva from the ABC hot chick cam.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crap, missed the game tonight. I'm hoping my boys at sports Page will give a snatch...............i mean snap shot of eva.

X's and O's? That's the same speech he uses when he's anouncing the Canadian Figure Skating Championships and the Bell Canadian Open Golf!.
The guy has no clue.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else watching the grabfest that is the San Antonio Spurs defence? Bowen and crew seem to get away with holding and pushing away from the ball and underneat the hoop. Not a Pistons fan at all but they are getting screwed.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
pistons win tonight. spurs take the next two.

Wow your way off....Pistons are nowing shutting down the Spurs just like I predicted....Pistons will win game 5 and take it in 7

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
didn't see that prediction in this thread :confused: .
surprised the hell out of me.
pistons may have something at home,
but they won't win in san anton!!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
didn't see that prediction in this thread :confused: .
surprised the hell out of me.
pistons may have something at home,
but they won't win in san anton!!

I made the predicton in the semi final thread anyways....I wonder if San Anton :rolleyes: will keep it under 25 today :confused:

Duncan BIGGEST pussy on the floor last two games

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know if Kurt Thomas is the answer but it does free up some cash, I think because Thomas's deal is less years, to sign Joe Johnson. Kurt does do some dirty work down low which is what they needed help with. 11 points 10 boards a game.

Report: Suns deal Richardson to Knicks

6/23/2005 2:54:45 PM

PHOENIX (Ticker) - Exploited in the playoffs for lacking size, the Phoenix Suns apparently have given center Amare Stoudemire some help.

The Arizona Republic is reporting that the Suns have acquired power forward Kurt Thomas from the New York Knicks for swingman Quentin Richardson.

According to the newspaper, the Suns also will receive a conditional first-round pick in the deal.

Thomas, 32, averaged 11.5 points and 10.4 rebounds for the Knicks last season and was the team's best interior defender, covering both power forwards and centers.

Suns general manager Bryan Colangelo had said his offseason priority was to add a defensive low-post presence after his team lost in the Western Conference finals to the San Antonio Spurs, 4-1.

The 6-9 Thomas will be paid $14 million over the next two seasons and has a player option for $8.1 million in 2007-08.

The move will enable the Suns to move power forward Shawn Marion to small forward. They also plan to re-sign shooting guard Joe Johnson, who is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent in July, and sign Stoudemire to a contract extension.

Richardson, 25, signed as a free agent with the Suns last season and has five years and $37.7 million left on his contract. After helping the Suns to the league's best record at 62-20, Richardson was stunned by the reported trade.

"It definitely is a shock, but I also understand it's a business decision," Richardson told the Arizona Republic. "It's something that comes along with being a NBA player. I've gotta roll with it."

The 6-6 Richardson set a club record with a league-leading 226 3-pointers last season and averaged 14.9 points. In the playoffs, however, Richardson slipped to 11.9 points and was held scoreless in the series-clinching loss to the Spurs.

In New York, Richardson likely will start at small forward ahead of Tim Thomas, who is being shopped by Knicks general manager Isiah Thomas

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0