Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Concerned about the new blood that has taken over the coaching clinics in Surrey !
The year I started coaching the skills camps it was come one come all because some soccer camps are invite only.
We said we would stay away from that type of atmosphere
so we could get a wide range of kids that want to play soccer and learn more at a higher level.
Lets face it when you have played soccer for 30 years you can give something back to these kids ,no matter what their skill level is ,after not being asked this to coach these clinics .
I made some inquiries for friends and people that asked me can they get their kids in the camps i helped run because some were repeat players and some were new.
I was told it was invite only .
This type of thing should not happen and the juvinile organizers should not condone this .
After all who is this game for . shame on you !
their can only be one (highlander):( :confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huh?

Highlander...pretty difficult to decifer your coded message. This is TTP...cut to the chase, name names, and take the piss outa somebody!!!

It sounds like you have something valuable to write, but it is difficult to follow if you don't give names (ie: organizations, organizers, age groups, etc...).

Yours in constructive critisism,

Dude.

:confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Details you bastards

I think I smell it too, but code language doesn't help! If the marginal players out there are getting screwed out of playing in development camps because of "invite only" policies, don't you think we have a right to know which camps / organizations / coaches are behind this? I agree...not cool. Kids need to be able to find a place to play if they have the interest...no matter what skill level they play at.

So...provide details highlander! You too Squealing Wanker:D !

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
politics of dancing

First of all I like to say Bite me Knob
The only thing I find sour is how good you think you are !
We are not surprised that the more skillful players in the league
can find other ways to use their critisizm than to think that i am sour a bout surrey united screwing youth they are only screwing themselves .
How do you tell a seven year old that he can't play soccer because the craig and tom show won't have you
O by the way I didn't see you out on those cold days in december
With the so called mediocre players teaching them how to be better people not just better players but better human's
I guess you only went to the expensive schools .
you silver spooner get some class!
Oya I guess your still sore that I didnt give you a ride home
when you where pissed!:p
Highlander
there can only be one

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fact's anyone

Highlander~

First off I know Im good I don't think im good;) I don't know the whole story much like yourself but Im sure they never turned anyone down for not being good enough. Stop by the park once and a while and you will see myself and 4 others out there every Tues. and thurs. helping and yes teaching the youth of Surrey United the in's and out's of the game. As for being a better human well as Sir Charles would say "I am NOT a role model" That's up to there parents. Now with that being said I now must go polish my silver.:mad:

O ya I am still pissed you left my ass to freeze in DECEMBER I understand though you must have spent yourself trying to get that big CHIP of your shoulder.:mad:

knvbhasclassitsall2ndbutit'sclassnontheless:p

p.s. if my facts are straight to get "into" the camp you must play for Surrey and be recamended to it by the coach of your team! but please send your 7 year old buddy out I will be glad to help him out! Just ask for KNVB!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Role models

Obviously you guys have some sort of a connection and difference of opinion, and I’m not privy to the information, so I won't comment on most of what has been said, but...

Knvb: How can you say that- as a coach- it is not up to you to be a role model? You don't really believe that do you? I 100% agree that parents should be the most important and positive role model in their kids lives. Unfortunately, there are a lot of bad parents out there...many of whom use soccer as a babysitting service, or a place to dump their kids off while they go piss it up at the bar on welfare Wednesday. In other cases, kids come from single-family homes where the single parent (usually the Mom) is strapped working 50-60 hours a week to make ends meet. In these cases, the parents, I'm sure, pray that the coach of their son or daughter can be a positive role model in their life to help in guidance.

I grew up in a single-family household in Coquitlam, and was lucky enough to have some great coaches, managers, and even parents of other kids who were generous enough to help out. I can think of a number of these individuals who- without their encouragement and motivation- I can credit for not only keeping me involved in sports, but away from other undesirable influences. These people were absolutely instrumental in shaping my future, and I'm sure other kids who were in similar situations.

If you really meant what you said, do society a favor and hand in your clipboard.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Role models

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
Knvb: How can you say that- as a coach- it is not up to you to be a role model?

Doesn't matter anymore if you are a player or a coach. Agree with Dud on the coach role model thing as well. But we as players are now becoming role models whether we like it or not. As we get older, more kids will be around the pitch. Everything has a little impact on these little pukes.

skytrainhad3hourssleepanddoesn'treallyknowwhatheistalkingabout

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NIce Post!

DWMC~

You are 100% right on all points. I was just going for a simple piss take and a quick rant on my er... umm... buddy highlander. I to have had many a coach motivate and teach me about soccer and life.

I would love to TTP on you know but your post was to well thought out (unlike mine) so all I will say is that please remember where you are a wee web site called TTP not everything is as it seems.:D

knvbwasabittakenbackbyDWMCgreatpostonrolemodels!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skytrain

Skytrain: well put. As un-eloquent as usual, but a great point nonetheless.

Oh...and it's Dude not Dud, but I'm sure you knew that, and your lack of sleep somehow caused you to forget typing the "e". I'll forgive you.;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No problem

knvb: releived to hear it was a piss take, as I suspected. As sarcastic as it was, I wasn't about to let you get away with it and I'm glad to see you show your true colors.

Cheers.

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
enemy mine

:eek: Knvb have you seen this movie ( The movie is about two enemies one is an alien and the other a human the alien has a baby and the human is stuck looking after the baby after the father dies !.
He teaches the kid sports and not to hate others and to treat people with respect which i had given not so long ago)!
To my surprise that respect was a stab in the back by for mentioned parties !
Which really has nothing to do with you !
So next time I see you the beer is on me and you are Looney Boy!
DWMC a perfect reflection on how soccer should be run.
I guess Wilson is Looney Bitch right now!:p :rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlander (from Glasgow?)

If you've been to Glesga (which I know you have), you would realise the only thing of great significance there is Ibrox... NO HIGHLANDS!!! that aside, can I have a pint with Knvb? Please...

Highlanderdoesn'treallybelieveallofuscoachesarebad???:confused:

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlander From glasgow

:p We had a wee problem with the english so we went and hid
in the Highlands but we always came back for Rangers matches.
Now we play at the plains of enver creek!
I Knew I would get knvb(looney boy's) Interest when i said the beer is on me but you have to drink the dark stuff .
;)

Highlander
their can only be one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0