Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Digital Tier Channels

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a rather lengthy list but some interesting channels that I never knew about...

The 16 category 1 English language services approved last year by the CRTC, meaning that carriers are obliged to make them available to the public:

Biography Channel: Devoted to biographies of showbiz celebrities and other famous people. (Rogers, Shaw, A&E)

BookTelevision: News, argument, entertainment and experiment in the world of books.(CHUM, Learning and Skills Television of Alberta)

Country Canada: Exploration and celebration of rural Canada. Formerly Land & Sea. (Corus, CBC)

CTV Travel: Travel news and tips. Valerie Pringle will contribute. (CTV, TVA)

Documentary Channel: Issues and events through the medium of the documentary. (Corus, CBC, NFB and other independent producers)

FashionTelevisionChannel: A specialty channel spin-off of Citytv's FashionTV show. Focuses on design, beauty, architecture, photography and art. (CHUM)

Health Network Canada: Programming about the wonders of medical science and the human body. Formerly Discovery Health Channel. (Alliance Atlantis, Discovery Communications)

I Channel: Programming that focuses on everyday issues. Catherine Clark will be an on-air personality. (Cogeco, Stornoway Communications)

Independent Film Channel Canada: The best of indie films from Canada, the U.S. and around the world. Launching Sept. 7.(Salter Street, Triptych Media)

M (MenTV): Dedicated to men's lives. (Global, TVA)

MTV Canada: The U.S. music TV channel with 50 per cent Canadian content. (Craig, MTV)

Mystery Channel: A mix of world classic and Canadian suspense and mystery programming. (Global, TVA, Rogers)

One: The Body, Mind and Spirit Channel: Alternative health and personal growth. Formerly known as Wisdom, it launches Sept. 7. (Vision TV, Alliance Atlantis, Radio Nord Communications, Renewal Partners Co.)

PrideVision: Programming aimed at gays and lesbians. (Levfam Holdings, Alliance Atlantis)

Techtv Canada: Computing, technology and the Internet (Rogers, Shaw, Techtv, formerly ZDTV)

WTSN (Women's Sports Network): The world's first 24-hour channel devoted to women's sports. (CTV)

-

Some category 2 licences, which do not have mandated coverage from the CRTC but for which carriage agreements have been negotiated:

Animal Planet: Creatures both wild and domesticated and their relationships to humans. (CTV, Discovery Communications)

BBC Canada: The best of the BBC with shows Canadians have never seen. (Alliance Atlantis, BBC Worldwide)

BBC Kids: Children's programming from the BBC. Launches Nov. 5. (Alliance Atlantis and BBC Worldwide)

DejaView: Formerly called Classic, a spin-off of Global's Prime, features classic shows from TV's golden era. (Global)

Discovery Civilization: People and ancient cultures, great cities and cherished monuments. (CTV, Discovery Communications)

Discovery Kids: Launching Sept. 3, focuses on nature, science, technology and wildlife programming for children. (Corus, Discovery Communications)

Drive-In Classics: They've even acquired the entire library of American International's 1950s B-movies. (Global)

Edge TV: Music videos and entertainment channel for young adults, a spinoff of Edge 102, a Toronto FM rock radio station. Launches Sept. 7. (Corus)

ESPN Classic Canada: Classic sports events and movies. (CTV, ESPN)

Financial Post TV: Programming on personal finance and investing. (Global, Financial Post)

Fox Sportsworld Canada: International sports like cricket, rugby and soccer 24 hours a day. (Global, Fox TV)

Lonestar: Nostalgic movies and series dedicated to the western buff. (Global)

MSNBC Canada: NBC's spinoff specialty news channel, which operates in collaboration with Microsoft. (Rogers, Shaw, NBC)

MuchLoud: Heavy, hard, punk rock from the MuchMusic people. (CHUM)

MuchVibe: Urban music (hip hop, rap, R&B, reggae and soul. (CHUM)

National Geographic Channel: Nature, adventure, science and exploration programming. Launches Sept. 7. (Alliance Atlantis, NGC Network International)

NHL Network: Hockey highlights and news but no live games, yet. (CTV)

Scream: Horror and thriller movies, series and magazine-style shows. Some anti-violence critics are already crying foul. (Corus, Alliance Atlantis)

SexTV: All about human sexuality. (CHUM)

Showcase Action: From the creators of Showcase, testosterone-charged movies and series. Plus sexy late-night programming. (Alliance Atlantis)

Showcase Diva: Described as Showcase's sassy sister, promising star-studded "chick flicks" and series for women. (Alliance Atlantis)

TV Land Canada: A mix of Canadian and U.S. classic TV programming. (Craig, TV Land)

Xtreme Sports: Coverage of the world's most dangerous and demanding sports from white-water rafting to mountain climbing.

There are enough channels in there that I know I would watch regularly. With MTV Canada starting up, I'm sure Fasty is kicking himself now for turning his back on his homeland.

~TB.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TeleLatinoNetwork

They're showing the Miss Italia Canada on TeleLatino right now.:D

CDwhohasathingforItiechicksespeciallytheonewho'vehadlaserhairremoval

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Problems

Any of you guys having problems with the box, my parents got it in the summer and it didnt work, and we got it about 2 weeks ago again having problems but shaw cable was over today to fix it.

Fox is great for soccer, cant beat waking up to the serie a every sunday as well.

CDK who ended up winning the Miss Italia I left before the end my old man was watching it.

BTW who the fcuk is that highroller dickhead CDK?

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know who won yet, they're only down to the 5 finalists right now.

highroller says he's a Croat from Toronto. I don't know him but his love for the Croatian National Team cannot be denied..even though he didn't know Boban has retired from soccer...:rolleyes:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've got two free passes/coupons for a pay-per-view movie (no expiration date, $5 value each). Considering that the two of you plus one other private panhandler have piped up, I'll leave it to you all to express interest in them (or not). If all three want one, then we'll just have to do it by a movie trivia contest.

Interested?

simon

Aug 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i never, ever, post here. but i am trying to get to 50 posts because it is an all time low for someone whos been around here for a while.

what am i at now.....?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Simon,

Did they shut down the Hillcrest Curling Centre for renos or what?

Tend to that screaming kid, would ya? I can hear the little Westside mucker from here across the creek!

:D

~Regs.

simon

Aug 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont know, i curl at the Marpole Club. the Vancouver Club, the one you refer to, is the one that will be upgraded or bulldozed if the Olympics come. the Richmond club will definitely be expanded.

and as far as my son goes, shut your trap! he has the authority to do whatever he wants, even if that includes screaming at you northsiders. mayeb youll see him at the Peg/Westside game IF that comes to fruition.

wheres my dough? ;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knvb,

I'm giving up my digital box before the end of the month (it was just a trial thing), and I haven't got the time or patience to bother with the ordering and billing of a PPV movie.

Still up for grabs if anyone wants them.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i've got a coupon book for safeway if anyone is interested. i've tried their chinese takeout and it's just not up to snuff and i've decided to give up on them. if anyone is interested please either pm me or swing by my place and i'll shove them up yer ass.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice Post

You have just won the League Championship, and you are sitting at Jinky's posting about shoving Safeway Coupons up someone's hoop.

I guess the rest of the boys went home early, there is a big game next week vs. a tough Slurrey team:rolleyes: .

HOS

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
beats sitting at home and changing diapers after reading about someone else winning a league championship.;)

i think i'll recover by next sunday...i hope...going to meet besty and notty for some pints....

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wouldn't Trade it For Even the Treble

Originally posted by cerebral smallsy
beats sitting at home and changing diapers

Well done on the League Title, but HOS's priorities are elsewhere now:rolleyes: .

I don't know who to cheer for in a Weakside/Slurrey match-up. Can I hope that both teams get the FLU, just like those Pricks the St. Loui Blues.

HOS

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0