Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 New Divisional Alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After playing a year in Div 1, not only have I noticed a massive gap between the top and bottom teams, but the apparent inequity between the 2 sides, A & B.
I think the league should follow the women's league structure and form a new division between Div 1 & Premier. The women call it "Select Division".
The VMSL would look as follows:
Premier
Select
Div 1
Div 2A, B, C
Div 3

To achieve this:
Remain with the 2 separate Div 1 sides for the 1st nine games next year.
The top 5 from each bracket (10 total) move to the "Select" division
The bottom 5 of each (10 total) stay in one Div 1 league.
Erase the standings to date and play a nine game season for the remainder of the year to determine:
1. the 2 promoted sides from Select to Premier
2. the 2 relegated sides from Select to Div 1
3. the 2 promoted sides from Div 1 to Select
4. the 3 relegated sides from Div 1 to Div 2

This would also be the perfect time for the league to reduce the Premier league to 10 teams. Instead of 10 teams moving to Select, move only 8 teams up and have 12 stay back in Div 1. At season's end, the best Select team moves up and the 3 bottom Premier teams go to the Select division.
(out of the 12 team Div 1, the 5 lowest teams would be relegated to Div 2 and 3 teams would move up). Adjust Div 2 accordingly again with Div 3.

Any thoughts?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be better if the "select" division was temporary EVERY year, just like other great leagues in the world do it, for example the SPL and FVSL Masters.

:D

Seriously though, I bet you could get buy-in from the div 1 clubs for this.

Alberta RFC

Dec 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The thought of a level to between Div 1 and Premier has been around for awhile and was discussed at the beginning of the year and in the summer a bit. It just takes the teams to want to have it to happen. At the same time they should cut back and Div 2 as well as the same problem is happening there and expand div 3. I mean you have teams going unbeaten in Div 2 and not really have any difficult games it appears. The inequality between the 2 Div 1 sides of A and b wasnt really leagues fault as teams dropped out and others took the place. They probably should have rejigged things when that happenned but they already had a schedule for the most part and why change what is done. If we relegated it was our fault for not being good enough when we needed to be as we pissed away chances for points or wins in 3 or 4 games his year with awful play and dumb mistakes.

It seems obvious that there are 4 or 5 tiers of teams witha little bit of crossover in between.

Tier 1 - Premier with a couple div 1 sides
Tier 2. a bunch of Div 1 sides trying to get into tier 2.
Tier 3. lower level of div 1 and the upper level of div 2 who have a tendency to bounce up and down every few years but seem to be the same 6 or 7 teams involved alot.
tier 4 solid div 2 with hopes of getting to the next level nad better div 3 teams
tier 5. div 2 shitty teams and div 3 shitty teams

We have talked with someof the other div 1 teams and they had a lot of the same thoughts as our club.

10 premier
10 select
20 div 1
20 div 2
20 div 3

the problem is the CAt league has a bunch of teams it it that aren't really CAt teams but have aligned with outher clubs to have aplace to play. Is there really anything good being done by having the CAT league? I am not sure there is, especially when it is not a requirment for Premier teams to have them. Only have the DIv 1 teams have them it seems like as well so what is the point of it all at this point soto speak.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree that any further divisional alignment should take into account the termination of CAT. As long as there is a system that would allow players signed on lower division teams to play up with higher division teams in their club (I believe FVSL and VISL do this already), I'd even be okay with just lumping them into div 3 for the first year.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza,

One step at a time, but I totally agree with you regarding abolishing the CAT and having the club have players of the lower teams only being allowed to play on a permit basis with the higher club. Perhaps after the transfer deadline, no more movement.

Maybe this should be the step taken before my proposal.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be better if the "select" division was temporary EVERY year, just like.... FVSL Masters.

I could say something here, but the usual suspects would come in and this thread would go sideways. Another attempt at a serious discussion being hijacked by the valley. Thanks, Regs:p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like the idea of a split after 9 games.......but then again.......I think the system is okay as it is......Having said that, the Premier team should be 10 teams. Get rid of the last 4 teams this year and move the Division One winners up. Simple.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like the idea of a split after 9 games.......but then again.......I think the system is okay as it is......Having said that, the Premier team should be 10 teams. Get rid of the last 4 teams this year and move the Division One winners up. Simple.

We'll wait and see where your beloved RCIU end up first.:D
I think the Prem league would have an issue with it like last time.
3 Prem go down, 1 Div 1 up. Perhaps a playoff between the 2 top Div 1 teams. Yikes! Next year.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am sure Willy is smarter than that. All he needs is two groups of sixteen for div one. Top two in points move up, bottom two down . Same for div two, top two move up. Bottom two go down. Same for div three. Add a div four two groups opf ten and do the same. U21 goes to div four. Plays each other and mens sides.You gus have to follow the rest of the world. Forget all that crap. Cat teams. A club system player can play up. No player can go down to play lover level. Cup time each club has it own players. Ony premier can call up two guys and only those two. That is all. No player should get a free ride.Soccer has gonoe to shite with all that nice guy things. Same for youth. Select in the summer, club sides in the winter. Simple and right. Soccer is fallen so mutch to the point the the Pro clubs do not want anybody from the development program. Wake up and move forward. PSCSL has got the right movment we have to do the same. Lets get some soccer players no more balarina show and fat asses. Youth is the problem to senior development.
Senior clubs must run its own youth development. A chain feeder system.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the Island can have a league that has all the way down to D7 or so, why can't it be done here?

Personally I think 7 divisions is excessive. The structure should be a pyramid (narrow at the top, but wide at the bottom), not a ladder. There is no doubt the top 2-3 divisions should be single groups of 10, but beyond that they should start having larger divisions made up of multiple groups.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the system is okay as it is......
Sapp - 64 GF, 16 GA, and we took it easy on a lot of teams after 3 goal leads
Indo/Peg - 64 GF- 7 GA, with 1 to play
In this system we don't get any better. If the group was Sapp, Hurricanes, Peg, Lobbans, RCIU, the good AFC & Cliff, Akal and Primo on a weekly basis, add a couple of Premier teams and you would have a great 2nd tier division.

That Hurricane/Sapp game was great. I wish we could have that competition on a weekly basis for the up-and-coming, younger teams.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bob and Others

Absolutely agree with you. There should be a SELECT division (below Premier) of 10 teams, which will games much more competitive. However, I would start the Selct league right of the bat. Top 8 teams in DIV 1 (from both A and B) plus two teams coming down from Premier. Simple as that. shite teams from DIV 1 should not even argue about this.

As for Premier, I would like it to stay as it is, with 12 teams system. Why? Well, with 12 teams, there are 22 games to be played insted of only 18. Plus, even if you look at the last place Sporting, they have been losing by one goal in almost every game, and are not pushovers whatsever. Even when you play them, you know it will be a good tough game, unlike playing some DIV 1 teams, where you know even if your team does not show up on given day, you can still get 3 points.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bob and Others

Absolutely agree with you. There should be a SELECT division (below Premier) of 10 teams, which will games much more competitive. However, I would start the Selct league right of the bat. Top 8 teams in DIV 1 (from both A and B) plus two teams coming down from Premier. Simple as that. shite teams from DIV 1 should not even argue about this.

As for Premier, I would like it to stay as it is, with 12 teams system. Why? Well, with 12 teams, there are 22 games to be played insted of only 18. Plus, even if you look at the last place Sporting, they have been losing by one goal in almost every game, and are not pushovers whatsever. Even when you play them, you know it will be a good tough game, unlike playing some DIV 1 teams, where you know even if your team does not show up on given day, you can still get 3 points.

Why should Premier get 22 games and the other divisions 18?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Select? Come on...

I’ve got a bit of a beef with the current set up and the titles we like to hang around our necks…What is the difference from being second to last place in Div 2 C or being in Div 5 or even a VMSL Rec. Seriously? If Premier is what it should be, the best of the best, there should be no shame in being in Div 1, 2, 3 or 4th for an example or even in a VMSL Rec. league.

What they should have is a Premier league of 12teams, Div 1 of 12 and Div 2 of 12. If you're not good enough you can play Rec 1, 2, and 3. Give players a certain amount of transfers up with-in a club and a late cut off to finalize or freeze a team roster.

Stop hanging on to nostalgia or the fact you can say, well, I’m in div 2 rather than Rec. You are what you are, get over it.

Better yet,I'd like to see 1 Premier including the Island, VMSL and FVSL teams

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Select? Come on...
Better yet,I'd like to see 1 Premier including the Island, VMSL and FVSL teams

Ya, them damn English. "The Championship"? What the hell is that?
I don't give a shite what it's called, just put another level in there somewhere.

KNVB,
How many teams would you have in this Premier league? 20? The proposal is floating around out there but the details are still in the works.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What do you think makes a strong VMSL? 10 teams? 12? I think for something like this to work you should have at least 10 to 12? I don't know. Maybe 3,3 and 4 for the VMSL since it's the largest league? Playing in the Valley now I don't think any more than 2 maybe 3 teams would be able to compete in, essentially, an all-star league. That said, I suppose players that couldn't make a top VMSL side, and wanted to be in this "league" would naturally head to the Valley to strengthen those sides. Who knows.

I'm just throwing it out on the back porch to see if the cat nips at it.

Meow.

KNVB Div 1 Select Premier C

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better yet,I'd like to see 1 Premier including the Island, VMSL and FVSL teams: KNVB QUOTE

BE careful what you wish for! It's on the way...........see DUDE's NEW thread starting as soon as he gets the cover off of his typewriter:cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better yet,I'd like to see 1 Premier including the Island, VMSL and FVSL teams: KNVB QUOTE

BE careful what you wish for! It's on the way...........see DUDE's NEW thread starting as soon as he gets the cover off of his typewriter:cool:

I had to put in new ribbon.

OK, I'll start up a discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0