Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Job

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Screw JBN and his search for people to help him find training for rescuing kittens. I'm going to do some shameless shilling here, if Regs permits. If not, he can just delete the post/thread.

I need a new I.T. job. I'm an experienced network administrator with tons of time spent in the trenches of Windows warfare, looking for more of the same. The industry doesn't matter; as long as there are computers involved, the skill set is very transferable. I'm not a programmer, game tester, or help desk technician; I'm the guy that they call when they get stuck.

Ideally I'm looking for something full-time, but I'm more than willing to help people's companies out on a contract basis as well. Heck, I'll even sort out whatever ails your home computers if you're stuck.

PM me if you or your company need this kind of help, or if you know somebody who does.

I am very serious about this; I need the work.

Thanks for reading this,

Trece

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the protocol on "liking" the above post by TV? I don't like that he's outta work, just that he took the time to reach out to the community!

Good luck TV!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you "like". Never any shame in hard work, even when it is working hard looking for work.

Trece...the Mining Engineering community is going a bit nuts right now...the Hatch's, Amecs, and Fluors of the world. I know Hatch is just coming on line w/ a big project. These guys always need IT people.

Best of luck no matter what happens...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What Dude said.

We're working on three megaprojects with Hatch, Amec, Fluor, AusencoSandwell etc are always looking for quality people.

My company let our branch IT guy go, and we are dealing with a "help desk" now in Boston. :( I use the word "help" loosely.

good luck TV.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TV...my impression of your type of work is this: you guys are like the firefighters in that you are extremely specialized in what you do, and very few have the training for it. Except, you guys don't spend most of your time rescuing kittens, testing fire-hydrants for yummjy mummies at the parks in the summer, washing the truck, grooming the dog, working out, or creating new bar-b-q recipes. You guys spend all your time doing the actual work you were trained for.

Which brings me to this thought...WTF didn't I become a fire-guy?

Anyhow, it makes it hard for IT guys to keep jobs at even the biggest firms, because when the accountants start looking for areas to cut the fat, they look to the non-revenue generating positions first, which is what the bean-counters view you guys as.

The best way to get back at them is to become an independant contractor and market yourself to the big firms (seems like you've figured this out). The guy we use is deffinitely not full time to us, but he's very good, and we gladly pay him his rate every time he puts out a fire. He's busy as hell running around to all his own clients, and my guess is he's established himself w/ his clients as a "must have allowance for" in the overhead.

Hope things go well.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Several, JBN.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts, guys. Will be talking to the Hatch folks specifically as I have worked with (not for) them previously. I always have at least a few irons in the fire; the challenge is just searching for points of stability, as La Señora runs her own consulting company, and I must maintain the lifestyle that she would like to become accustomed to (Sir M can relate to this).

Cheers,

Trece

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0