Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

new soccer tactics????

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
is this ok or just bad form???

ROME - Serie A side Catania has come up with a creative way to score from a free kick: block the goalkeeper's vision by having players drop their shorts down in a wall.

The Sicilian team carried out the manoeuvre to perfection when Giuseppe Mascara scored in Sunday's 3-2 win over Torino.

Three Catania players dropped their shorts down near their knees so Torino goalkeeper Matteo Sereni couldn't see Mascara's kick.

"This is a strategy that (Catania coach Walter) Zenga tries continually in training," the club's chief executive Pietro Lo Monaco told RAI state radio Monday.

Former referees co-ordinator Paolo Casarin called the move "unsportsmanlike and in bad taste.

"It's a trick that should not be tolerated anymore by the referees," Casarin said.

Lo Monaco responded, "A trick? I wouldn't say so. It's up to the referee to decide if it should be penalized, otherwise I don't see where the problem is....Good taste is relative."

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure once upon a time the "Forward Pass" was considered poor sportsmanship, or a dirty trick, same with an offside trap, or a quickly taken free kick, or the slide tackle, etc etc etc.

Games advance and evolve.

Dropping your shorts may be a different thing though :p

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should be banned as you must keep up with dress code at all times....which means shirt tucked in shorts and shorts at hips. What's the limit on length of shorts? Is it above knees?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Most refs would penalize and hand out color for that stunt. That said, all open to interpretation unless FIFA does something about it.

Shocked it wasn't called.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0