Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New teams, possible changes, and probable improvements to the premier div next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well there you go.

Slivy, any rumblings in Poco about you guys splitting the club into two entities, and putting another team in Premier? With all the talent you guys have, you should be able to do this, which would be great for your younger players, too.

Luc: it's in the constitution. Poco, for example, would need to split into two clubs. They could stay affiliated under one umbrella, but in terms of moving players down and up, the two clubs would need to operate independant of each other.

Here’s a question for everyone: what should the FVSL do to make the Premiership stronger again (only realistic answers, please)?

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach

Originally posted by TheRob
Heard this a billion times before Bertrum. What makes this year any different?

Well let me re-phrase that, he will not be my coach next year. Can't do it. Embarrassing. I will be the water boy for Luc's club.:D

lp79

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would be interested to see this happen and it would surprise me if it was allowed.
Would be great for younger players who want to stay and play in the area.
As for Sapperton I believed they merged with another club and were then promoted (not 100%)

Bertrum you said it....

MR has a lot of good players that play elsewhere because the club is shocking.

Lp 79

lp79

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude as for your question...here is my thoughts.

Here’s a question for everyone: what should the FVSL do to make the Premiership stronger again (only realistic answers, please)?

Until a FVSL team can go through and win the Provincial cup or show they can compete with better VMSL teams, players will continue to move to VMSL teams.

I think the real question is how to keep players from leaving the FVSL to go to the VMSL.....

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get rid of the CAT league.
Promote Whalley Storm and ND lions to Premier.
Convince SFC to stay in premier.

There are your 10 teams.

Not enough clubs are deep enough to properly use a CAT league.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How do we keep players from leaving…the two-thousand dollar question.

Here are the pros of the FVSL:
Ø Talent base / youth feeder system
Ø Superior facilities
Ø Strong system of discipline (no longer a “hackers” league)

Here are the pros of the VMSL:
Ø Reputation
Ø Strong leadership (even if Azzi is a dictator)
Ø Deep talent pool (currently)

I don’t think many will argue that Valley players have made the VMSL stronger, while those same Valley players whom left help deteriorate the league (with the exception of that vagina, KNVB). It’s not like there are that much more Provincial spots up for grab over there (8 spots, 16 premier teams, vs. 4 spots, and 8 premier teams her…correct me if I’m wrong- working off memory). I’m sure it isn’t the crappy fields and long commute 3 times per week either. Obviously, it is the caliber that attracts players over.

Ultimately, I think the best solution is to simply merge the two leagues, have 10 teams per division, and as many divisions as it takes to fill in all the slots (7,8, 9…whatever). Then, you establish a first constitution, and stick to the Promotion / Relegation policies. In the end, that would even everything out. Players want to play close to home.

Since this isn’t realistic, what I think needs to happen is that the league needs to get actively involved in poaching a team or two over from the VMSL. A team like Indo or Sheikh Temple would be ideal. Whatever the league needs to do to bring over a couple of teams, they should do it.

On top of this, I do agree that the Cat league isn’t working. Problem is, it is an ideal system. My solution would be to require every Premier team to field a Cat team. It really isn’t that hard…there are always U-21 teams ready to graduate that would welcome the opportunity to be affiliated with Premier. The league also needs to get more actively involved in bringing teams together.

Some may also want to comment on the leadership within the FVSL. I can only comment on what I’ve seen lately, and the SFC Pak Cup fiasco (let’s call it SFC Gate) looks very poorly on certain individuals of the league. Having said that, I’m not in the loop. I’m not longer a manager, and am not privy to league communication. One thing is for sure- they all love the game, and that’s a good thing. I don’t see the league as being “corrupt”, as has been mentioned elsewhere. I think the current leadership has good intentions; just that maybe you need new vision at the helm. Somebody younger, who’s playing career may be drawing to a close, but who’s been around long enough to have experienced the good times. Somebody who the soccer community respects.

Rangerforever for FVSL commissioner!
:D :rolleyes:

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year Rob Brown and Neil Fuge were re-elected for a 2 year term. I believe that must mean the position of vice president would be up for grabs come the next AGM. Anyone interested? Dude, RF, coach, skytrain...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm busy managing mini Dude's career right now. Gotta get that Man. U schoolboy contract settled first;)...call me in 5 years.

It really would be great to get a player or former (over 30's) player in there...someone who can affect change, and not just run with status quo.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by LucVanLierde
[BI just found out that we could challenge the existing premier team a best of 3...winner stays[/B]
That is bull$#!* I can see this happening to teams at the bottom of the league like Peg or Langley who in a regular circumstance would of been relegated but a team finishing 2nd in the premier league,Nope sorry this would not be allowed.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in.

A welcome back may be extended to Surrey United. :eek: With a core group of current and X VMSL all-stars. A impressive list to be sure, if it all goes through.

More to follow...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That would be great!

As much as the last group was a bit of a joke, SU brings a great reputation, and some much needed vision back to the Valley.:)

That doesn't mean you'll be comming back too, does it???:eek:

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir Luc

Luc, I don't know what you've been smoking, but throw it away. You have more chance of being knighted than Maple Ridge getting a team straight into Premier....:rolleyes:

However, FVSL does have some issues for next year regarding premier teams. SFC are definetley out so that leaves 7.

Whalley Storm - maybe
ND Lions. - No fukcing way - Hope they get relegated to Div 2.

Cheers;)

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: This just in.

Originally posted by knvb
A welcome back may be extended to Surrey United. :eek: With a core group of current and X VMSL all-stars. A impressive list to be sure, if it all goes through.

Does this mean we all get to kick Doug Muirhead again!? :D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SomeOne Tell Next to God

Originally posted by TheRob
A club can only have one team in Premier. As many teams as they want in any other Div. except Premier.

If God is going to move all of SFC over to the VMSL, he should check to see where all the teams are going to fit in.

OK, Peg is in Premier that is fine, they need a CAT team so that would be SFC (Valley Team), but if SFC also plans on having Fireman under its Umbrella, then that team would not be able to gain promotion to Premier.
This may be a little of topic, but I am mentioning this, because perhaps Next to God will leave a team behind to stay in FVSL Premier.
But if Next to God wants to have all kinds of teams in VMSL, they will most likely stay in Div. 1 or 2 until Peg gets relegated.

More and More it looks like the FVSL Premier Div. should look to join the VMSL Premier, and have one very strong Premier league.

Both leagues can still have the other Divisions play in their leagues and thier Cups, but the Merger of the Premier Leagues would be great for Lower Mainland Soccer.

HOS

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello,

Rumour has it that Chilliwack will not be playing in the Premier league next year due to costs. Perhaps TPRanger, or LASTMANBACK can fill us in on this one. The other rumour is that Delta has purchased or are in the process of purchasing a Div. 1 Metro spot. Crafty? Any truth?

Three teams possibly leaving next season. What to do. What to do.:rolleyes:

There will be ten teams next year, but you might have five very good teams with five very bad ones. Not the best situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0