Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New York Yankees Pitcher Feared Dead

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NEW YORK (AP) -- A small plane with New York Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle aboard crashed into a 50-storey condominium tower Wednesday on Manhattan's Upper East Side, killing at least four people and raining flaming debris on sidewalks, authorities said.

There was no immediate confirmation Lidle was among the dead.

A law enforcement official in Washington, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Lidle was on the plane. And Federal Aviation Administration records showed the single-engine plane was registered to the athlete.

WOW!! Tragic...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally it was thought Alex Rodriguez was piloting the plane but upon further review it was decided he can't hit anything.

:D

Ralph Wiggum

Jun 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
NEW YORK (AP) --
There was no immediate confirmation Lidle was among the dead.

The fact his passport ended up on the street was a sign he MAY have been on the plane. Allegedly.:(

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
but let me guess.
the black box could not be found.
and the building collapsed to the ground within an hour.
isn't that what happens.

loosechange

LION

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow people...can we have a little bit o' sympathy here?
i think this is a pretty serious accident and very sad...I don't really see any room for jokes here :(

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again I must ask, why it's posted on a site called take the piss. com.

A-rod can't hit anyting!?! Brilliant.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Again I must ask, why it's posted on a site called take the piss. com.

A-rod can't hit anyting!?! Brilliant.

This piece of siht makes jokes about everything.

A man dies and you think its funny to poke jokes about someone else dieing. You are gutless..did you poke jokes about 911 to.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anyone see the pictures, it look like something out a movie.

I think they just confirmed Lidle has passed away. I hope he didn't have young children:(

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
He has a 5 or 6 year old son if i remember correctly.

Franchise, you need to lighten up.

. i am struly orry for him and his family that something like this happened as well as the other people who this affected. This didn't remotely effect anyone on this site in a very personal way and while it is tragic and in bad taste to make light of his death it's not like anyone is going to be really affected by my joke.

Sometimes the macabre can be funny and in this case, i hate to tell you, The ARod comment is fan-fcuking-tastic.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Shut the hell up Franchise or be put on everyone's ignore list permanently.

I find this offensive as I have had family members die in traggic accidents...

honestly.... I stating my opinion...like you and everyone else does on a regular basis..I don't think this is funny at all.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My younger brother was electrocuted to death when i was a in elementary school. My grandfather was killed by a drunk driver in the middle of the day while crossing the street at a crosswalk in vancouver. We have all had tragedy in our lives but each person has it affect them differently.

Dude,

i blame my stubby fat fingers for any and all spelling mistakes.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's what you said when you got wine all over KNVB's balls at the TTP christmas dinner.
THE PART ABOUT YOUR FAT AND STUBBY FINGERS.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:

A man dies and you think its funny to poke jokes about someone else dieing. You are gutless..did you poke jokes about 911 to.

Only Reno 911..........classic comedy.......

God rest Mr. Lidle's soul and look after his devastated family. :(

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:

So I suppose you don't want to hear that the Toronto Maple Leafs Andrew Raycroff tried to help, but everyone knows he can't stop anything?

Lighten up fcuck wit. If I died in a horrible boating accident (knock on wood) I WOULD (if I weren't already dead) be upset if someone didn't step up and say... what do you know? He could hit water if he fell out of a boat.

I didn't say it wasn't in bad taste and if I had any emotional attachment what-so-ever or anyone else on take the piss for that matter I would do everything I could to help, but I/they don't so fcuk off.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
watching the news tonight....

Lion:

There isn't a black box in a small plane like this. They're only mandatory (I believe) on commercial planes. The news report also mentioned that they found the plane's parachute (the one that Lidle was quoted about) intact inside the plane. No evidence of mechanical failure yet, but they also stated that it could take up to a year for the investigation to determine the actual cause of the crash.

Never though I'd say it, but (for once) knvb's right. He's dead, Jim.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts