Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Youth HPL league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regardless of the outcome, simply the process and hard work required to submit a proposal will be good for BC Soccer in the future.

At worst, even if HPL never comes to fruition (unlikely!), the general soccer IQ of the Clubs will be incredibly higher moving forward.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Note Bolloks if HPL does not go I am telling you PCSL will love the move. They will be able to add a U18 sides in the program. They do play against US sides. That would open our players for combine and try outs for NASL and USL. That's the problem here we have to spend 1000000.00 before kids get anything. All we need is a club, a head coach and club rep per team. That alone would send us forward. There is far tomuch time spent on small things. Get the darn ball and good group of kids and play. All of you boys in Surrey get together and go as a club. That's whats needed power clubs no splintering. Same goes for RIdge and CMF guys all as one. Think of Canada not our small back ground areas. All as one we go forward as sheep every one kicks us in the but.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree......they should all be made public........Why not? Surely each 'franchise' wants to show what they have to offer for the players/parents/coaches?

Well done to Sportstown for putting it online. :)

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Note Bolloks if HPL does not go I am telling you PCSL will love the move. They will be able to add a U18 sides in the program. They do play against US sides. That would open our players for combine and try outs for NASL and USL. .

Base - how many kids from the American teams that the PCSL winners played in Oregon were invited to the NASL/USL/MLS combines? None? PCSL u21 division should be full of loads of 17 and 18 year olds already. No need to create a u18 division - especially with Super 20 coming in.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Three guys were asked, two opted for University one did go. But due to the rason his mom is American he did not go as Canadian. He insted went to div three Spain. It remains to be seen if he stick it out.
If he makes the club I will let you know his name. Also a kid from Ontario wen to one of the combines.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
A kid from Ontario went to the one of the combines - I know. But you are stating that by the being in PCSL and playing "American teams" the kids have access to the USL/NASL/MLS combines. Yet, you have yet to provide an example of this actually occurring. None of these combines scout PCSL to invite kids, Base.

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting read here is the full Sportstown HPL bid. Have to wonder if the rest of the bids will become public in advance of the decsion. As a parent it would be great to see what was put out by all to better make an educated decsion on where it is best for our child to play.

A well laid out presentation. My guess is Sportstown won't get one of the lower mainland spots. I have no idea if the 6 that eventually do will be more deserving or not in terms of meeting the criteria set down for HPL but I am sure that politics as well as geography will weigh in favour of some. But it seems to me, if the HPL is to meet its objectives it will have to be prepared to replace any club that, down the road, doesn't measure up which, I suspect, won't be easy. In the meantime my advice to parents/players who are about to be hit up for a lot of cash is don't believe everything you hear. Observe and ask questions. Enjoy the ride if you get the team you want and don't panic if you don't. And find a coach who works for you.
20 or so pages ago I was asked how I (as a parent) measure return on investment. I could write an essay but here's a short answer. I have 3 sons who have had large chunks of their university educations covered by soccer scholarships. 2 had stints in the provincial program. All 3 played Y league, and trained for several years with TSS. They also trained one on one with a former Canadian professional player. The PP, for my sons, could be best described as an expensive rip off. The Y league depending on the year was excellent or so-so and reasonably priced. I would be remiss if I didn't also give credit to at least 4 coaches who coached my sons in metro and gold The most expensive season cost $300 but I guess that was the old days. So leaving out community soccer and its negligible cost which has now all but disappeared, the quality of the individual and TSS training and TSS travel and the connections both had with University soccer coaches gave us, without a doubt, the best return on our soccer investment.
To you the parents and players who are about to sign up for HPL, good luck and keep your head up.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sportstown's web page clearly states it is u9 and down. TSS is the service provider Sportstown will work with to satisfy the HPL requirements. I've read the package. Argument in semantics at this point.....regardless, the Sportstown package is fairly thorough and very well presented. Excellent coaching and planning. Thrilled they are promoting a 4-3-3!

cassis

Dec 1, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes I also think its an excellent package. And the 4-3-3 approach is great as you say. Sadly, unless BCSA opens its eyes/comes to its senses, they won't be part of the HPL landscape. And while some pieces are missing, they are not in my opinion of the deal-breaker variety. I also don't believe that the "where" is anywhere near as important as the "how" for which Sportstown has more than adequately provided.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think you can yet say they have "more adequately provided" anything yet though. Unless you have read all the other bids. I have read none.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm disagree with one approach when it comes to systems........players and coaches need to adjust all the time depending on the opposition's strengths and weaknesses. I'm quite surprised they spent so much time mentioning that in their proposal. I would think versatility would be more important when it comes to tactics but then again Barcelona plays a 4-3-3 and they are by far the best team in the world at the moment.

Lugann

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why haven't all the bids become public information? TSS released theirs last night...up front, nothing to hide and no bullshit. HPL is a good thing, but I strongly feel if parents of players currently paying a few hundred bucks a season, are going to be expected to hand over about 10 times the amount for HPL. They'll want to be assured the level and quality of training/coaching will reflect the increase in fees? White Caps Prospects and TSS already practise the ten month model and currently utilize some of the best coaching staff around. The two should be a no brainer, but of course...politics. BC Soccer Association needs to post all proposals and make public the decision process, as well as the names of those taking part in the selection and any affiliations to all clubs involved. This is supposed to be about youth/player development and the future of soccer. Not the fat heads and insatiable pockets.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you don't think TSS/Sportstown are playing politics themselves by releasing their bid to the public in the name of transparency, I have a bridge to sell to you.

And a pair of Copas, private message me.

:)

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you don't think TSS/Sportstown are playing politics themselves by releasing their bid to the public in the name of transparency, I have a bridge to sell to you.

And a pair of Copas, private message me.

:)

Sometimes the best strategy in playing politics is not playing at all.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby, I'm putting in my own HPL proposal and it will adopt the 5-4-1 system and defending our own half of the field. We will design masterful set pieces for the couple of times we venture of the half. Bad throw-ins/poor goal kicks/many substitutions. You know it makes sense. Bollocks to this attacking 4-3-3 stuff.

cassis

Dec 1, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think you can yet say they have "more adequately provided" anything yet though. Unless you have read all the other bids. I have read none.

Hmm, you may have misread what I wrote? I didn't say "more adequately provided" (which I agree is a comparative phrase and would require knowledge of other bids) but rather "more than adequately provided". In any case, what I meant is that they appear to have addressed the issue of "how", as opposed to "where", to develop players.

Regs, I would say they are engaging in marketing even more than politics as they must be fully aware that their bid is not going to be read much less adjudicated. After all, where are all the Tier 2 players going to go for development outside of their clubs? Why to private academies of course. And who's running a full-deal meal academy in the LM? Well I just saw this great proposal on the internet....

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
With your four three three you better have fast D. There is going to be tonns of gaps on the field. One must defend that style of game with 3 5 2. Giving them middle is going to kick you in the but. No wories as long as you can play hard for ten minutes you can defend that triple attack system.
Wao I am learnig about old British style from sixties from you boys. Kick the dam ball and chase it down. If you do hit it home. That's soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0