Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Youth HPL league

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ari Gold

Here are some stats for u bollocks i hope u agree that the chart looks nice and who ever did this I bilieve did some research of his own. I was lucky to find this on the side fo the road. I thought I share it with you and rest of the TTP group and hopefully better mirror will like it too.
Yet our ability to produce players for Provincial, National, and University hasn't changed and has increased. 10,000 House players doesn't equal 1 select player. HPL is about elite player development not about how many house level players you have registered in your club. Yet all Whalley is concerned about is how many players are registered in their club. Nothing about player development. All your clubs gains have been through acquisition and not through player development. To add to that all you care about is having more players registered in your club compared to Surrey FC. Your club has had a hard on to try to bring us down but you have never mentioned anything about player development in your posts.

One reason our club numbers have suffered is because of our choice to follow CSA and BCSA guidelines about long term player development and any other initiates. All our players who want to play for Metro,Gold, Silver teams are required to be evaluated. Unlike at Whalley where they just "accept teams" and put directly them into gold. Your numbers are also assuming that all these teams from the Surrey Breakers are coming over to central city next season? Just ask Surrey United how many teams which played for the breakers this year have already committed to Surrey United next year.

A

Ari Gold

Very interesting. I would assume these teams wouldn't cost the players/parents anything?

I believe this would be the case. Same model that the BC provincial program should be following. If you want to develop the elite of the elite they shouldn't be paying thousands and thousands of dollars for this. This would also reduce the barriers to entry for families who couldn't afford it.

A

Ari Gold

Bullocks,

Some of credit to your numbers in the chart should go to Pitt Meadows/GEU "Whalley" group because all the boys that make the National program are from Surrey Select joint venture with Whalley Soccer and Surrey Youth.

That's pretty cheap to pad the numbers as all yours.

I know this because my kid is included in that number on bar chart and he made it to Selects through Whalley Soccer (CCFC).

Nothing wrong with the numbers. Indy Pamma played for Surrey FC before being selected to the Surrey Selects(two male CSA players are from North Delta. These charts also include FEMALE players as well). Look at this announcement from a view years back. Surrey Football Club - 16 SFC Pegasus Players Named to BCSA Provincial Teams Notice how this list includes 1 current player on whitecaps residency and 6 players on the U18 Female prospects just from Surrey FC.

cassis

Dec 1, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am just wondering what the $2500 is getting these kids over the probably $200 they pay to play Selects. Is there travel tourny's that this helps pay for or is this just to pay coaches. Also wondering who these coaches are and what they are realistically getting paid. I do feel coaches who are working with a high level team 4-5 days a week do deserve some compensation, because it is time away from their family and a pretty big committment. If we don't want coaches with their son on the team they need to be paid at this level but what is a realistic wage.

The $2500 or so includes travel costs to the Island and the Interior but not for tournaments. The money is not "just to pay coaches" but to cover all expenses of the HPL club while remaining revenue neutral. Coaches will be compensated but not to the extent that they could make a living from it - they'd need to coach multiple teams for that and its unlikely they'd have the time to do so unless that's all they do, e.g. TSS, where their budgeted compensation was $18,000 per coach if I recall correctly. The coaches' compensation is set by each club so the number will likely vary. Some clubs may choose not to pay their coaches.

soccer stats

Feb 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
My friend for the record I am not here on behalf of any club or organisation. Ijust found a stat and shared it with everyone. Talking about numbers I hear that this new CCB club is very strong at the mini level something like 2 to 1 to your organisation. I see you brag about players in the national and provincial program but if you have no mini program where would the NEXT BUNCH OF TALENTED players come from. I looked at SDGSA website U 13 CCB select teams 2- SFC 1, U 12 CCB Select teams 5 to SFC i and even that team is in Selct B, U 11 CCB1- SFC 1, U 10 CCB 12-SFC 1 now out of 12, 5 are in development which means select. U 9 CCB 7- SFC 1, U8 CCB 8- SFC 2. Lets chat on the boys side now U 11 CCB 13 teams- SFC -8, U 10 CCB 10 teams - SFC 4, U 9 CCB 12 - SFC 4, Micro boys U 4- U 8 CCB 350+- SFC 80. I mean lets be honest the way kids are droping out of your club the talent pool will shrink. As per your claim for teams just moving to Whalley I see they are super strong in the lower age groups where there is no such thing as a tryout yet so I disagree. I have heard that there development program is solid aswell and is shown with 5 boys teams making to the confrence cup final. Please help my stats with how many SFC teams made it there 1 i am jsut guessing??? Every single one of their girls teams is still in the cup play so there must be something going on right. What about 22 whIte caps prospects in just U 13 and U 12 girls with CCB. Thsi is a sign of bigger and better things coming from the old Whalley and new CCB, Just have some patience and keep colecting the stats. Like u said the U 18 girls and U 17 girls have gone to play on the national and provincial teams, I would like to see how many girls from U 11-12 you think will now be going to the provincial program really I know you have the answer but U might not share that with TTP.
Lets talk about the breakers kids. Good for Surrey United if your information is true but I am once again going to preach patience as everyone will find out what happens with the breakers kids where do they go.
I am just someone who collects stats and I am sitting and waiting excitingly for what is going to come out of this battel for supermacy in the Newton area. I hope the right guys come on top and the talent around that area ( which also contributes to SFC's success in the past) is showcased and makes us all proud of Surrey Soccer.
I HEAR THROUGH MY SOURCES THAT SOUTH FRASER CLUB IS GOING TO GET HPL BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY BC SOCCER IGNORES THE FACT OF DECREASE IN NUMBERS LIKE 40% AND A DISPUTE OVER THE FACILITY. LIKE I SAID I AM JUST WAITING TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS AS MY KID WILL BE 6 NEXT FALL AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE I ENROLL HIM IN THE RIGHT CLUB.
Yet our ability to produce players for Provincial, National, and University hasn't changed and has increased. 10,000 House players doesn't equal 1 select player. HPL is about elite player development not about how many house level players you have registered in your club. Yet all Whalley is concerned about is how many players are registered in their club. Nothing about player development. All your clubs gains have been through acquisition and not through player development. To add to that all you care about is having more players registered in your club compared to Surrey FC. Your club has had a hard on to try to bring us down but you have never mentioned anything about player development in your posts.

One reason our club numbers have suffered is because of our choice to follow CSA and BCSA guidelines about long term player development and any other initiates. All our players who want to play for Metro,Gold, Silver teams are required to be evaluated. Unlike at Whalley where they just "accept teams" and put directly them into gold. Your numbers are also assuming that all these teams from the Surrey Breakers are coming over to central city next season? Just ask Surrey United how many teams which played for the breakers this year have already committed to Surrey United next year.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate to get into the middle of the fallic measuring contest but SoccerStats....if Surrey FC gets HPL don't you think the CCB kids will migrate back that way? It's not as if kids from Whalley or Newton are going to drive to Maple Ridge for practice....at least not many.....

Anyway, I have been impressed with Whalley (now Central City) ever since Randy Samuel became involved at the u12 or u13 level....Whalley PSV. Almost all the Whalley SC "teams" I have played against at least try to play the right way. It's been pretty good to see.

M

Mal

My friend for the record I am not here on behalf of any club or organisation. Ijust found a stat and shared it with everyone. Talking about numbers I hear that this new CCB club is very strong at the mini level something like 2 to 1 to your organisation. I see you brag about players in the national and provincial program but if you have no mini program where would the NEXT BUNCH OF TALENTED players come from. I looked at SDGSA website U 13 CCB select teams 2- SFC 1, U 12 CCB Select teams 5 to SFC i and even that team is in Selct B, U 11 CCB1- SFC 1, U 10 CCB 12-SFC 1 now out of 12, 5 are in development which means select. U 9 CCB 7- SFC 1, U8 CCB 8- SFC 2. Lets chat on the boys side now U 11 CCB 13 teams- SFC -8, U 10 CCB 10 teams - SFC 4, U 9 CCB 12 - SFC 4, Micro boys U 4- U 8 CCB 350+- SFC 80. I mean lets be honest the way kids are droping out of your club the talent pool will shrink. As per your claim for teams just moving to Whalley I see they are super strong in the lower age groups where there is no such thing as a tryout yet so I disagree. I have heard that there development program is solid aswell and is shown with 5 boys teams making to the confrence cup final. Please help my stats with how many SFC teams made it there 1 i am jsut guessing??? Every single one of their girls teams is still in the cup play so there must be something going on right. What about 22 whIte caps prospects in just U 13 and U 12 girls with CCB. Thsi is a sign of bigger and better things coming from the old Whalley and new CCB, Just have some patience and keep colecting the stats. Like u said the U 18 girls and U 17 girls have gone to play on the national and provincial teams, I would like to see how many girls from U 11-12 you think will now be going to the provincial program really I know you have the answer but U might not share that with TTP.
Lets talk about the breakers kids. Good for Surrey United if your information is true but I am once again going to preach patience as everyone will find out what happens with the breakers kids where do they go.
I am just someone who collects stats and I am sitting and waiting excitingly for what is going to come out of this battel for supermacy in the Newton area. I hope the right guys come on top and the talent around that area ( which also contributes to SFC's success in the past) is showcased and makes us all proud of Surrey Soccer.
I HEAR THROUGH MY SOURCES THAT SOUTH FRASER CLUB IS GOING TO GET HPL BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY BC SOCCER IGNORES THE FACT OF DECREASE IN NUMBERS LIKE 40% AND A DISPUTE OVER THE FACILITY. LIKE I SAID I AM JUST WAITING TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS AS MY KID WILL BE 6 NEXT FALL AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE I ENROLL HIM IN THE RIGHT CLUB.

C,mom man its obvious ure representing Whalley . Its become a personal battle between Whalley and SFC . Having spoken to parents at both clubs [predominantly Indo -Canadian] it seems that certain clubs have ganged up and joined Whalley .
These personal battles in Newton will count against both clubs in the bid for a HPL franchise . Its a shame because it seems the Newton area is a real soccer crazy place.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mal - your kid is 6. Your only concern for him should be who his coach is. Don't bother with "this club, that club." If his coach is useless for any number of reasons it won't matter what team he is on.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really? I didn't realize. It wasn't obvious that I was tongue-in-cheek pointing out Base's blatant contradictions of himself was it?

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Which other clubs have been selected?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh fcuk off claiming you don't represent CCFC. It's OK if you do, but you're so bloody obvious w/ the pom poms.

Again, I don't like the way CCFC has grown through political clout and aquisition, and I'm joinining this club. I have faith that the bar will be raised significantly on development. But for now, it absolutely reeks of opportunism and politics. Just calling a spade a spade.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its good that BC Soccer has created HPL to get rid of all the political bullshit that goes on when the Districts are involved... No more political games, no siree...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0