Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Bookie NHL 2009/10 - Predators @ Canucks 20100111

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back to business, the NW division lead is still within reach.

Predictions?

Bet window open until 7:30PM Pacific tonight.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
This game was all about Burrows. He is on fire. Until the ref decided to take matters into his own hands :mad:

That interference call is the worst made-up call I can think of in recent memory.

Unfortunately it looks like Burrows will be suspended for speaking out after the game :(

BTW, apparently this ref is the one that said Shane Doan called him a french name that wasn't very nice.

Is Miro french?

:D

Bet settled.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcuking joke.

If the league wants to show they have any testicular fortitude Auger will be suspended for the rest of the year and barred from playoff games for life. :mad:

Players will do what ever they can to win, including cheating like diving or dirty play behind officials backs etc. If they aren't cheating they are not trying hard enough.

Referees have nothing invested, they are not judged based on the physical scoreline of the games. If you notice an official, he is NOT doing his job. For this referee to have stripped the Nucks of at least one point, perhaps 2... I cannot believe it.

I sat there watching the game with my dad and we both shook our heads and said to each other, I wonder if this ref has something against the Canucks, sure enough this comes out an hour later on the radio.

But like everything in Gary Bettman's NHL, nothing will happen to the real offender, auger, and Burrows will be hit with a 5-10k fine and they will say Burrows is lucky to not be suspended, and the referees will have imaginary targets on the backs of all the Canucks sweaters from here on out.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The second call was absolutely shocking. Burrows was a marked man last night no question. Auger took an otherwise entertaining game and handed it to Nashville with little time left to play. This will be an interesting case to follow these next few days. Does Gary Buttman continue to govern with his head up his ass? Does Colin Campbell emancipate himself from Buttman's ass and make a ballsy call? Stay tuned kids!!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
NHL investigating Auger after Burrows claim - sportsnet.ca WAP
Interesting. even the un named NHL ref thinks Auger got it all wrong
Given the overwhelming evidence, another official doesn’t like Auger’s chances of surviving this without a serious reprimand and suspension.

"You don’t even have to be a ref to figure it out," he said. "Don’t leave the gun at the scene with your fingerprints all over it."

One official admits that, when a referee gets burned by a certain player, he is happy to hand out a penalty or two to the offender some time down the road. But not at the expense of the game.

"You file it away in the back of your cranium," he said. "But you wait until you get a game where the score is 5-1, and then you might call him for something. You say, ‘We’ll meet up again one day.’ But you don’t hurt the team."

Then Mark Fawcett wieghed in:
"Look, we’re all human," said a referee Tuesday. "Like players, we make a mistake. I’ve had game misconducts turned over (at the league level). You just have to admit that it didn’t happen the way you thought. Or you didn’t see it the way it happened."

If there is a debt to be paid, should you wait until a 5-1 game?

"That’s an unfair question," said former referee Mark Faucette, an NHL zebra from 1985-2003 who ref’ed nearly 1,000 games. "If I ever get myself in a position where I should be getting this guy back, I shouldn’t be doing the job. I always say, if I got paid for all the ones I missed, I’d be a richer man today.

"You can’t have a guilt complex (for missed calls in the past). It will multiply and magnify your problems, as it is doing right now for Mr. Auger."

The TSN site has a video of Auger taking to Burrows before the anthems, which corroborates Burrows accusation...

Blob McKenzie and Ray Ferraro have weighed in on their blogs too.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Good recap:

Here's the interference call:

Looks more like Ward stuck his leg out to interfere with Burrows!

Last edited:

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
absolutely disgusting.
and why do they keep going back to the smithson hit as burrow "faking an injury"
i remember that hit and it was brutal, i also remember burrows bleeding from the mouth after smithson ran him into the dasher... i don't even know what is an what isn't a penatly anymore.
but hey, as long as those teams in struggling markets keep winning all is well in count chocula's world.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ill be curious to see how this develops. Historically, the NHL cant seem to investigate its way out of a wet paper bag, so my expectations are low that anything will actually happen. I was reading a Wyshniski (Puckdaddy)article that chronicled a few the exccelent calls this guy has previously made:

"As the Kurtenbloggers pointed out on Twitter, Auger was party to that insane no-goal for the Detroit Red Wings earlier this year; had previously ejected Burrows on a controversial call last February; and, most infamously, was the referee who gave Shane Doan(notes) a 10-minute misconduct after a linesman accused him of making culturally insensitive comments to Auger, who is French-Canadian. Doan vehemently denied the charge."

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, apparently a $2500 fine for Burrows with no suspension, and nothing for Auger. Publicly anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0