Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL Hot Stove

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kolzig is making over 6 million this year to Cloutiers' 2.5 ish. Why would Burke make that trade and have 8-9 million wrapped up in goalies? Makes no sense to me, but then, what do I know. :confused:

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloutier isnt goin anywhere...............I have just heard that Burke has expressed interest in Jeff Oneil..........anyone else hear this

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Kolzig were to come to Vancouver, the Canucks would only be picking up what was left on this seasons contract. Supposing he comes at the deadline it would probably cost the club somewhere near a million dollars. :confused: The Canucks could then Dump Kolzig after the playoffs. A team like the capitals would be very interested in getting a Johan Hedberg. He makes alot less than Kolzig but still has what it takes to be a #1 goalie in Washington. This would allow the Canucks to have a goalie who has taken his team to a cup for this years run, along with Cloutier, without getting rid of Alex Auld who will be the back-up next year.

Also, Heatley is playing tonight. Good to see him back in the line-up and hopefully he does well. Like to see him with Team Canada for the upcoming World Cup.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LucVanLierde said:
Cloutier isnt goin anywhere...............I have just heard that Burke has expressed interest in Jeff Oneil..........anyone else hear this

it's tru about Jeff O'neil, the nucks are interested...he appearantly has the potential to be a Tod Bertuzzi. there are also reports that Burkie isinterested in Zhamnov from Chicago, as well as mild interests in Rod B'rindamour. much of the trade questions relies upon whether the GM's can get more now or at the deadline...

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A team like the capitals would be very interested in getting a Johan Hedberg. He makes alot less than Kolzig but still has what it takes to be a #1 goalie in Washington. This would allow the Canucks to have a goalie who has taken his team to a cup for this years run, along with Cloutier, without getting rid of Alex Auld who will be the back-up next year.

Nope. Caps have Maxime Ouellette in the wings - got him from Philly for Adam Oates at the deadline a couple of years ago (and Bobby Clarke is still looking for a goalie). The Caps are going young and cheap, and Ouellette fits in with that idea nicely. He's only three years removed from being the starter w/the Canadian juniors.

If the Canucks are going to rent-a-player, they may as well rent one in an area they need help. You have to give Cloutier this playoff anyways, it will be his final chance to win a couple of rounds and give the organization proof that he's capable of being "the guy".

It won't happen but I'd love to see Bondra with the Sedins.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks, Sharks in hunt for Zhamnov

The Hawks, who sit in the basement of the Western Conference with 36 points, could be looking to shake things up.

Sportsnet.ca -- The Vancouver Canucks and San Jose Sharks are front-runners in acquiring the services of Alexei Zhamnov from the Chicago Blackhawks, the Team 1040 in Vancouver has learned.

Sources told the Team that one proposed deal would have the Canucks shipping rookie Jason King, forward Fedor Fedorov and goaltender Alex Auld to Chicago in return for Zhamnov. The Hawks would like Vancouver to include Jarkko Ruutu in any possible trade but the Canucks aren't willing to part with him in such a deal. Jarkko Ruutu's brother, Tuomo, is in his rookie season with the Hawks.

In the last year of his contract, Zhamnov may be the most marketable player Chicago has as the season limps toward the March trade deadline. General manager Bob Pulford said earlier this month that the Hawks hadn't decided what course they plan to take with their captain, who is the Hawks' highest-paid player at $4.5 million this season.

Zhamnov's agent, Jay Grossman, has had "a number of discussions" with Pulford regarding a possible contract extension for Zhamnov, but that hasn't stopped trade rumours from swirling around the 33-year old veteran.

Zhamnov has recorded 10 points (four goals, six assists) in 16 games this season. In 74 games with the Hawks last year, he finished with 58 points (15 goals, 43 assists).

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
zenga said:
Sources told the Team that one proposed deal would have the Canucks shipping rookie Jason King, forward Fedor Fedorov and goaltender Alex Auld to Chicago in return for Zhamnov

To me that sounds like an awful lot to give up just to rent a player for the playoffs (as Zhamnov would be a free agent next year). I doubt Burke would pull the trigger at that price but might at a lower cost.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree that it's too much to give up for a player who may not even show up.
Besides is Zhamnov is not going to make much of difference on this team.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting as most other Canuck observers I've spoken with would like to see him in one :D

~Regs.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would rather see Bondra in a Canucks jersey than Zhamnov anyday. But either one would look good right now. I have to agree King, Fedor and Auld is to much to give up. Auld definetly not and I would be cautious trading Fedor. I see this guy going to another team and lighting it up. Too early to give up on him. But to get Bondra or Zhamnov we got to give up something.

Parkhead

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont wanna sound like don cherry or anything but i'd rather have the canucks get someone like jeff o'neil from carolina.....seems like we have too many euro's on our team as is....especially with henrik playin much better recently i think we can go after a 2nd line winger instead of the center we seem to be always after....plus o'neil's been to the finals so he's got some experience in playoffs.....i dont remember zhamnov ever goin too far in the playoffs

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keep the young talent (fedor, auld, and king) and dismiss Chubarov and Lindgren. Bondra or Zamnov would be a excellent for the canucks, but Jeff Oneil would compliment us more. He has been to the finals and he has scored 40 + goals in a season.
also does anyone know where I can pick up last years Bertuzzi all star jersey. big blue 44

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raiguy said:
.....seems like we have too many euro's on our team as is
Yah they need some colour to the mix like brown guys or chinese lets make this team racially correct.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys actually think that Carolina is going to give us O'neil for a bunch of toss offs? Get real, O'Neil is not coming here and Carolina would be stupid to get rid of him. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see O'Neil here, but in reality it's not gonna happen. Although, if Arvedsson's knee is bad look for third line help................meaning Burke won't do anything big, but he will do something. Minor deal,King called up, and who's yer daddy?..

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
didnt we thry that already.....lil steve karya was just too damn slow and big. I do miss Brash, well i did until Brookbank met Oliwa.

I m starting to think the c-nucks really dont need to make any changes.
How long is arvedson out?

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I m starting to think the c-nucks really dont need to make any changes.

Have you looked at Colorado's roster or Detroits lately? :confused: To say we do not need to add anything before the playoffs is just crazy. Something tells me you have bought into Mr. Burke's speel about a low budget team that doesn't want to mess with it's core players.

Yes let's do that, and once again this year watch another team which makes moves now or at the deadline to improve itself lift the cup. While us Cannuck fans are satisfied with yet another winning regular season. :rolleyes: It is time to put up.

Parkhead

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0