Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL Trade Deadline - 2006

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well...the time is near once again, and the rumors are flying around like wild fire. Here is the latest one regarding the Nucks and Big Bert!!!

Sources have told the Ottawa Sun that the Senators are one of four teams making a run at acquiring Vancouver forward Todd Bertuzzi. Vancouver is said to want a goalie and defenceman in return for the controversial forward.
If the Senators do trade for Bertuzzi, it likely means one-of-two pending free agents, Wade Redden or Zdeno Chara, will likely not be brougt back at the end of the season.
Well...what do you think??? Would you make this one???

What about other rumors? Anyone hear any that are making the rounds??

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard something about Ottawa interested in Bert but they said Philly was too. I think we need a goalie if anything right now...hopefully Cujo. I believe he's only making $900,000 and that may fit well for the Canucks as they'll have room to shop around for a d-man.

Hard Ballz

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like the Redden or Chara or both ( More Redden then Chara)
deal rather then Cujo deal ..
Cujo would be short term .. like a band aid
while the Redden / chara is more Long Term

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
T-Idiot said:
Cujo would be short term .. like a band aid
while the Redden / chara is more Long Term

Check again, both Redden and Chara are unrestricted free agents. Unless Canucks make them an offer they can't refuse(if there were a trade), don't you think they would test the free agent market?? So, you see, this could also be short term!

Plus, just how much room do the Canucks have under the cap?

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demolition said:
Check again, both Redden and Chara are unrestricted free agents. Unless Canucks make them an offer they can't refuse(if there were a trade), don't you think they would test the free agent market?? So, you see, this could also be short term!

Plus, just how much room do the Canucks have under the cap?

yes, but at least we dump bert's salary next year and then we can sign a free agent

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demolition
Good call on that ...Here's another bit though depending on the Injuries to Jovo , Ohlund and Salo .. and how they respond and bounce back from those injuries we should get whatever we can and have a better trade base in the off season
just a idea

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like that trade, Demo, and Aves makes a good point too. One of them could realistically stay on long terms...money will be there.

One thing I worry a bit about...don't think we have enough strength through centre to go far. A big Canadian Centerman would be nice. Do we need a high skill package? Not really...hard worker, and size would be just fine.

Also, think bringing up Mike Kean for the playoffs is almost a certainty.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Vancouver isn't actively shopping Bertuzzi but would, for the perfect deal, move him."

That in there lays the problem, Nonis is getting duff trades for him because all the owners are trying their luck and testing the waters to see how desperate and serious he is in selling. That’s why we are hearing trade rumours for Bertuzzi along the lines for; “Give us Bert and we’ll give you a 4th liner, a bag of pucks and we’ll throw in a Zamboni too” (Personally, I would take that deal:), even though Vancouver cannot use the Zamboni!!)
Plus Nonis is waiting for the trade that defines him as he has not made one yet.

So, if Nonis actually puts a package together such as Bert and/or Jovo and/or Mojzis with bag a pucks, negotiations could start rather than just fielding duff and desperate trade offers.

Faster than a Zamboni but not as agile
hedKandi :)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Edmonton's New No. 1: Roloson an Oiler

TSN.ca Staff

3/8/2006 1:16:13 PM

The Edmonton Oilers have a new No. 1 netminder, acquiring Dwayne Roloson from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for a first round pick and a conditional draft pick.

The conditional pick is a third rounder if Roloson re-signs with Edmonton.

The Wild have long been rumoured to be shopping off one of their goalies, and Roloson was the odd man out after the team re-signed Fernandez to a multi-year contract last week.

Roloson, 36, is 6-17 this season with a 3.00 goals-against average and a .910 save percentage.

Morrison was put on waivers one day after failing to stop a shot during the shootout in loss to the Dallas Stars. Ty Conklin started the game, but was pulled in favour of Morrison for the shootout. Morrison gave up goals to Sergei Zubov and Jussi Jokinen as the Oilers fell 4-3 to Dallas.

Conklin was visibly upset about being pulled.

"I don't make the decisions," said Conklin. "I would have made a different one."

"There are a lot of teams looking for one more save a night," said Oilers coach Craig MacTavish after the loss on Tuesday. "We're one of them."
And so it begins.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From listening to 1040 that signing may put the Canucks in the fore-front to get Curtis Joseph. Wouldn't that be nice? They were saying it was likely he'll end up in either Edmonton or a long shot with a shot, Vancouver.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Things are starting to heat up...

mini-chev2.gif
March 8, 2006
sp.gif
sp.gif
San Jose Sharks acquire forward Ville Nieminen from the New York Rangers in exchange for a third round draft pick in 2006.

mini-chev2.gif
March 8, 2006
sp.gif
sp.gif
Toronto Maple Leafs acquire defenceman Luke Richardson from the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for a fifth round pick and a conditional fourth round draft pick.

As well Parrish and the hair dude Sopel are going to the Kings!

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The latest from TSN......

To Montreal....Davis Abescher ( sp? )

To Colorado.....Jose Theodore

Hard Ballz

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The New York Islanders have traded forward Mark Parrish and defenceman Brent Sopel to the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for defenceman Denis Grebeshkov, forward Jeff Tambellini and a conditional third round pick.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sean Brown from the DEvils for a 4th rounder????

My player search on the NHLPA site retrieved the following results....

"Sorry no information on file for that player... Please try again."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canucks just got Mika Norronen from Buffalo for a second rounder. There is your back-up.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0