Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches League Winter 07-08

Status
Not open for further replies.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that they have changed to a spring league. Now that the VMSL is almost over, maybe we can enter a team?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is tough to be too critical of the NSCL's tendency/strategy to quickly postpone games. In the VMSL Masters, we have one team (Metro Ford) who has finished their season as of January 4. Cup will start I guess not for several weeks or months. So they will be rusty, and it appears that WV will end their league season this next weekend, and Wickham and Cracovia the next. So at least the NS teams get to play for the next couple of months. These VMSL teams will not.

Sir M.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is tough to be too critical of the NSCL's tendency/strategy to quickly postpone games. In the VMSL Masters, we have one team (Metro Ford) who has finished their season as of January 4. Cup will start I guess not for several weeks or months. So they will be rusty, and it appears that WV will end their league season this next weekend, and Wickham and Cracovia the next. So at least the NS teams get to play for the next couple of months. These VMSL teams will not.

Sir M.

It took you that long to figure it out!:rolleyes:

Happy New Year Sir M, et all!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, I have known this for some time now. Quite shrewd. But thanks for the reminder, and Happy New Year right back at all of you and yours!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see that Coveside beat Nordic by the scoreline at least, fairly easily today. Biggs what is going on with Nordic?

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just moved over to the north shore and im looking to play in this league. I play up fornt and outside midfield.
I formerly played with Westside Rangers (A side and 0-35 premier)
Hit me back on my email if you need a player.
Cheers
monkeytrees2@hotmail.com

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just moved over to the north shore and im looking to play in this league. I play up fornt and outside midfield.
I formerly played with Westside Rangers (A side and 0-35 premier)
Hit me back on my email if you need a player.
Cheers
monkeytrees2@hotmail.com

Hi, if you were registered with any other team 07/08 season, then you are too late, as BCSA transfer deadline has passed. If you have not been registered, then I am sure we can find you a team. Send an email to the league nscl@shaw.ca.

Cheers

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the info.
I'm away all of Feb anyhow so I'm looking for spring or summer.
See you on the pitch

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see that Coveside beat Nordic by the scoreline at least, fairly easily today. Biggs what is going on with Nordic?

To sum it up we've made some poor decisions early in the season and unfortunately continued making those same mistakes. We have a good group but with injuries and questionable lineups our results have suffered. Tyler has missed most of the season, Tee was injured early in the season and is again out with his knee and I've missed the last 5 games with a stress fracture after taking the full force of a tackle from Glenn A of Malones. Last year Tee and I played the full season together at centre mid, this year we've played maybe 30 minutes together. We were going to go back to what worked last year but now injuries have taken over.

Hopefully the last few games of the year we'll sort ourselves out but these games are mostly second division teams so we wont have much to go by as to whether or not we've turned anything around.

It's tough to watch right now.

Stick

Sep 24, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Biggs,

What happened to you guys today? 4-3 Loss, you gotta be kidding me. :confused:

I watched the first half of your game and your team looked less than average. Missing you and Tbor makes a difference but the Aztecs was missing their big striker.

It's time to retool. :knvb:
SM

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are at an all time low losing 3-2 to Lynn Valley. Up 2 nil..........then nothing but cheap give aways with zero confidence on and off the ball.

At least Tee, Tyler and possibly myself will be back next week when we face them again. Playle was also watching from the sidelines.

It's not over yet.

Stick

Sep 24, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Biggs,

You guys split the home vs home games ... expected. Did you end up playing?

We took care of the Melonians 2 - 0. They had a few to many chances but we were just trying to keep healthy for the BCs.

Did you watch the CoveSlide Game? I heard they had only 9.5 guys? What’s up with that?

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No I missed this one also (7 games now) but definately good to have Tee and Playle back both of which put one in. I'll be ready for the Malones match in 2 weeks.

Coveside had 11 out there although they started the first 15 with 10. Quite shocking really with the league title on the line. I'm sure cside17 has a good reason for his sides poor showing lately.....probably something to do with setting up for a great final match btw Freybe and Coveside for the title ;) It'll definately be a game to watch.

I had to leave at the half in our game but did see us come back from one down with a response in less than 5 minutes from GP. 1-1 at the half. I hear we went down 2-1 on a fine own goal, only for the same guy Paul, to score soon after into the other net. Tee finished it off on a PK for a 3-2 win.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It appears out of nowhere, Vikings mounted a late season charge, and actually won the NS league title, defeating Coveside on the last Sunday of the season. So congrats to Vikings!

Stick

Sep 24, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks SirM. We had some bad luck during the season and lost a few good (once Red) men. We're hot at the right time and I hope that continues on the weekend. We have a very tough opponent in Cliff Ave.

These are some stats that you can bank on. Coveside only won 2 of their last 5 games; both default 1 - 0 wins. They've played 270+ minute of shutout soccer in the wrong column and will need scoring help with WVic.

PS. If you're looking for us, you can always find us up in the Capilano Reservoir training for the next battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0