Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches Soccer League 2003/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well here we are back for another year. Big changes in the NSCL this year.

League lost 2 teams, because of North Van parks having a residency rule. Unfortunatley both Meralomas and Caribbean have both left to join WCOTSL.

A shame as Caribb have been in our league for approx 30years, even though it was a guarranteed 3 points against them, they always showed up to play.

Meralomas have been around for approx 10yrs, and were always good for a game. We wish both teams al the best in the future.

The League VP/Ref scheduler resigned after 12 years. Taking with him 2 other ref's one of which was Paul Ward, probably the best up and coming ref around. So we start the year with a whole new slate of ref's, and a new scheduler. Could prove to be a different year. Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't!!

Anyone interested in an exhibition game Monday August 25th @ Griffin turf vs Coveside. Let me know.

cside17

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

thanks thet reminded me to post the updated link for theNSCL site.

Teams are;

Blueridge
Coveside
Freybe
Lupo
Lynn Valley
Malones
Nordic
Norvan
Pegasus
Rams
Rangers
Seymour

Cside17

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pre season stuff..

Coveside 4 - 2 Lomas.

Good to get a bit a run out last night at Griffin. The Coveside lads looked like they've come off a good summer campaign. They should be up there or thereabouts come spring next year.

Coveside were the better team for the most part. Although we did have our moments, the result was about right. Covesides new 'happy Hawaiin' bagged a brace to continue his scoring ways. A couple of fit Wards, could make all the difference for 'the Siders' this winter. The Lomas welcomed back the big Aussie Marty York and his side kick Simon Witney to the fold. Ed will add some much needed composure to the middle of the park. Arthur couldn't play last night. That was nice.

Sadly, IMHO, we have to depart the NSCL this year and start in Div. 3 of the WCOTSL. Thanks to Bernie and all at the NSCL. It was fun while it lasted. Well organised league that provides footy every week for those old bastards who crave it. Now we look forward to our first crack at the WCOTSL.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gaffa and et All,

I know my guy's enjoyed the game last night, it wasn't too bad for both teams first run of the upcoming season. As both teams only had 2 subs, in the heat, on the turf, everyone got some fitness.

Your guy scored a great goal, looked like a full on bike, from my perspective. I thought the final score flattered us, as I wasn't impressed by our effort. You guy's out run/out worked us all night.

I hope all goes well in WCOTSL.It's a real shame that we had to lose you guy's, typicasl narrow thinking by NV politicians.

We have a game next Monday against either New West Police/fire or possibly Westside Miloni's

What did you think of the ref?

As you know John Barrett quit as our assigner, and this guy is taking over. Curious about your opinion.

csidewhowillmistrantandtheboys

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
refs...

CSide - just out of curiosity, who is your ref scheduler this year? I know that VMSL is going with my buddy Angelo Pulice, and we've looked at changing our system a couple of times as well. Who did you end up with?

Curious,

Stew:cool:

ps- Trant volunteered (only slightly at gunpoint) to be the 3rd Div. coordinator for WCOTSL. Welcome aboard, Trant!

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cside

Wednesdays ref was fine as far as I was concerned. He called it as he saw it. He made a few iffy calls, but called 'em both ways so all evens out in the wash. He was one of those fellas who like to give a running commentary and offers words of encouragement along the way. I think if the players accept that he's the wrong side of fifty and doesn't have linesman he'll do ok. He dealt with a couple of poor fouls well...no cards etc, just get off for 10 mins and cool down, its just a friendly. at the level we play at consistancy is all you can ask for, and I thourght he was pretty consistant overall.

Shame that JB has pulled the plug. Personally I liked him. He was always fair whenever he reffed us. Perhaps he'd been around too long and got too familiar with certain players. Paul Ward will be missed I'm sure. His Dad tries too hard to rule with the iron fist (understandable given his fracas with that Richmond team). I always get the feeling he refs out of spite now. Its almost like he's trying to get back at players for what 'they' did to him. I still take my hat off to him for continueing to ref after that though.

The bicycle kick was my flirt with disaster. My bloody backs still killing me.

Trant, you just can't say no can you. Good egg.

gaffafromthemassagetherapytable.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
too familiar....

You're right on there Gaffa...John said it himself a number of times. He felt that he had become too familiar a face in the league. After 12 years that tends to happen, arriving at good relationships and bad, and it was the running feuds with a number of players/teams that finally became too much. He will be missed, as he did a great deal to make this a respectable league. Yourselves and CAS will also be greatly missed, you guys were always a class act on and off the pitch. Good luck in the WCOTL.

cheers

lupoman

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First time since

Lupoman, Coveside,

Sad to see JB go but maybe he bcame too familiar. 12 years is a long time though. I respected him and wish him the best.

I just heard you've lost another team. What's the deal?? That is shame. I hope the North Van Parks loillipops can sort this thing out so you you can keep your allocation of parks.
We'll find the dirt tonight at Livingstone(we share the park with Thythers gang)

Oh by the Gaffa, I was bribed with $$$ to take the Div 3 job,:) sweet as a nut ;), laters.

goodluck all to NSCL this Sunday.
hedKandi

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dropping like flies.....

yup, Rangers informed us Monday that they were packing it in. They split to form an o40's and an O30's but could not get enough players for the 30's. We're down to 11 teams, so we went to just one division like the summer league. We are getting blind sided by this residency clause, and also going to o35's is restricting us as well. I think the real killer is the Millars league that plays on Saturdays. They now have a 10 team o30's division....thats a ton of players who might otherwise have come to us. This will be a telling season for the league. Good to hear from you hedkandi...keep in touch.

lupoman

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hedKandi

CSide:

hedKandi's lying - he wasn't bribed; there was just a lot of beer involved....:D :D :D

hedKandi - see you on Saturday AM - we're all going to be drinking on Danny's credit card...;)

Stew:cool:

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crap!!!!

After a great summer campaign, we had high hopes for coming out of the gate strong this winter, Marco was back between the pipes for us, we picked up some quality players, things were looking good...........until Sunday morning. We came up against a very well prepared, much improved Nordic. Five minutes into the game, first shot against us, Marco makes a good diving save, then sends the ball down the field. The next thing he does is say to me " Is Jason here yet, my back has just gone out again." Of course on this particular morning, J is sleeping off a bender somewhere. That leaves me to go in. I've always said if we ever get to the point where I'm in goal, we are in deep shite. Started out ok, made a couple of easy saves, then bang bang, a shot deflects off on of our guys and catches me going the wrong way, then a few minutes later, my defender knocks a low cross into the bottom corner, Nordic up 2-0 and they haven't actually put the ball in themselves yet. We held our own for the mast part, generating some chances that we were unable to put away, while they made sure that their best chances did go in the net. Ah well, what are ya gonna do. 6-0 to Nordic, although it really was a closer game than that. Time to regroup, we have an always tough Lynn valley squad this week-end.

lupoman

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
cside.........

Isn't it time for your brother to get suspended again? It's been almost two weeks. Have to see if I can get IYDEYMYCHAP out of retirement.....let the fireworks begin!!

lupoman:rolleyes:

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck, I heard IDEYMYCHAP, declared bankruptcy after missing a week!

Nowthe fireworksshallbeginifhereadsthis,justmywayofsayinghi!

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Battle of the Titans?

After a week of councelling, the Lupo boys were back in action to face an always spiritted and underrated Lynn Valley side. Kudos to Billy Fryer for keeping it together after a couple of tough seasons. We started strong right out of the gate, generating some quality chances. Off one of our first corners, Wee man sends a low out-curler that Al dummies, and our long time left d-man Kevin McClean one times low into the far corner for a 1-0 lead.......makes up for the OG last week, eh Kev? A few minutes later, Dave Jeffs receives a brilliant pass from Mark McGough to split the D.....2-0. In control and in the bag, right?......wrong. Lynn Valley really came on, creating some good chances for the rest of the half. Early in the second, with Lynn Valley pressing, they send in a high cross that would normally be a couple of hundred feet over everyones head...except......Tony Mulder, who is a couple of hundred feet tall on a bad day. He gets a head on it...no effort....2-1. Play evened out for the rest of the match, with both side trading chances. Wee man Mark Waring rounds out the scoring in extra time for the 3-1 victory. A good win for the boys after last weeks waxing. Next up is Freybe.... who will still be smarting after their shoot-out loss to us in the semis in the summer. Bring it on!!

lupoman :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0