Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nostalgic look at BC SOCCER

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very cool! I saw Carl Shearer on the sidelines with probably some other Dunbar Stongs guys. Also Stan the ref (worked at the old O'Keefe brewery off of Connaught Park) who used to say "and don't play the offside trap, 'cause I'm not gonna call it!" and then wouldn't move from the center circle...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Awesome!

Kinsman looked great.

East End Hookers - great name :D

Was that Rino in the crowd at about the 24:33 mark?

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to see old Clinton park and the Firemens team at the start of the clip. East end hookers were made up of Firemens wives and girlfriends and the clip of the young lady with the lump on her leg is Christine Sinclairs mom,(Sandy Sinclair/Gant)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy Crap...31 years later and the north field at Clinton is still a mud pit.

LOTS of familiar faces in these sequences. Yes, that DID look like Rino....

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like the part where the guy says you get to leave your wives at home and get out with guys and have some beers!!;)

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballsie, nice work on that one! lots of memories from way back...my god I'm getting old!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reg it was Rino plus many soccer guys. I wish they head rest of the tapes there was six in total. Fireman Vs Croatia. New West vs North Shore.
Most of your top Canadian soccer guys come from that area. Or their suns. Fun times. Four hundred people on the side lines of Clinton Park. Fifteen hundred in Callister Park.
You should have seen fights during the games. Even ladies were fighting. Madness about soccer.
Yesterday I went to see Italian League. Teams come out with 8 player to play the game. Kids here just do not care enough.
They make these mega clubs. Politicks kill the youth development.
We keap on adding Americans on our upper level clubs. All the blame goes against us.Did you see Neal Elliots pass. To bad he could not run.
Good guy later came to Croatia SC. # 7 in blue was the best player of all. Victor Kudelja. Man could he dring smoke hearbs and play ball. The best by far.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0