Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NSCL Masters 2010/2011 Results & Banter

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure how to set up a new thread for the coaches league but here is the first week of games!!! MOTW is definitely NAFC vs Coveside!!

12/09/2010
10:45am
Seymour
VS
Vikings
Confederation

12/09/2010
12:30pm
Warriors
VS
Roma
Confederation

12/09/2010
9:45am
NAFC
VS
Coveside
McCartney

12/09/2010
9:45am
H Sound
VS
Nordic
Inter River # 5

12/09/2010
11:30am
Norvan
VS
L V
Inter River # 5

Gaurdians
BYE

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So who is strong this year in the NSCL Conductor?

Sir M, l'm not sure exactly who has picked up and who has lost players yet. We have our league meeting next week so maybe I will know more than. As for what I have heard, supposedly NAFC has picked up 5 or so players from Cliff Ave who were relegated last year from VMSL Premier (M). If this is the case that would automatically put this team at or near the top in our league. Coveside will again be a front runner along with Nordic. I am not sure who the new team Howe Sound is?? You may have played against this team in the summer and you probably know a bit more than I do about some of the teams from our league. Hopefully after our meeting on tuesday, I will know a bit more about some of the teams this year!!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league this year can expect some changes as NAFC is a team that is looking to change their status. They are going from ateam hanging out with the big boys to a team that will probably be the Big Boys this year in the league. Vikings a team that is always near the top has lost some big talent to the new Flying Horseman in Div 3 masters of the VMSL. So look for them to drop off from the top of this league. Coveside will still be at or near the top. Nordic will they continue their undefeated ways, sources at the AGM think NOT!! Look for Nordic to be battling it out for one of the top 3 positions. Roma has lost some quality players and have a tough schedule to start out the season. Roma has also lost their team Captain for at least the first half of the season, will be interesting to see if they can stay a float with out him. We all know what happened to the vikings last year after they lost their captain to a broken leg!! Malones and Norvan our teams that may compete in the first division this year! Anyone else have any predictions or comments??

scilaci

Dec 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has it that a certain senior defender from the Columbus open team may want a taste of NSCL next season, only if his brother in law will proceed as well. Again, just a rumor.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are so cryptic Scilacci, we are all really wondering now. Having said that, I was out walking the dog yesterday and I stopped off and watched Roma vs Vikings for a bit. I thought Roma looked pretty good. Albert Aeillo looked on form until he got subbed off for Roma. Everyone else was pretty well average. I think Roma will win the NSCL this year though, at least based on what I have seen so far.

Sir M

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, seeing as it is only the second game of the season, I feel that it is way to early to be calling Roma as the favourite!!

I think Roma will win the NSCL this year though, at least based on what I have seen so far.

Sir M

Nordic is still undefeated and haven't lost a league game since the 2008/09 season. NAFC with all their pick ups are probably gonna be the team battling with Nordic this year. NAFC already knocked off one of the powers with a win against Coveside in their first game.

scilaci

Dec 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are so cryptic Scilacci, we are all really wondering now. Having said that, I was out walking the dog yesterday and I stopped off and watched Roma vs Vikings for a bit. I thought Roma looked pretty good. Albert Aeillo looked on form until he got subbed off for Roma. Everyone else was pretty well average. I think Roma will win the NSCL this year though, at least based on what I have seen so far.

Sir M

I respect you Sir M.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huge game this week. It is very early in the season, but in my opinion, the winner of this game will finish first overall. I already have my tickets reserved.

NORDIC VS ROMA

My prediction: Nordic 2 Roma 3 (Scilaci with 2 goals and foz 1)

SIAMO AZZURRI

Oct 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huge game this week. It is very early in the season, but in my opinion, the winner of this game will finish first overall. I already have my tickets reserved.

NORDIC VS ROMA

My prediction: Nordic 2 Roma 3 (Scilaci with 2 goals and foz 1)

Fantab,
I'm disappointed that you think Nordic will put 2 past the defence and Big M, Anyways it should be a great game good luck to both teams. Fantab are you bringing Sir M with you? ;)

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
begi, after speaking with some NAFC players you are correct on how the game went. In fairness I also heard NAFC was up 2-0 and took their foot off the pedal as they did not want to run up the score. We all know in sports when you let up the other team has a chance to turn the momentum. Which is what HS did as Kenny let in a sh*t goal and gave HS some confidence as they did well to battle back and earn the tie. Coveside with their first result of the season in a 2-1 victory over Vikings looked good, but are still lacking in #'s for players as I believe they only had one sub. NV with a big upset loss to Seymours puts them back into reality as they are not a top team but will battle in the top division. Roma gets lucky as Nordic's goalie shifts the momentum by giving an early Christmas gift to Roma's forward 10 min's in. If Nordic has their top keeper in net I believe Nordic either get's a result or at least a tie today. Roma was short on players as their coach even saw the field today. Also heard the two basement teams didn't want to leap frog each other so they stayed tied in a 1-1 result! Fantabulos Fozz was held off the score sheet but Siamo Azzurri did get two as well Scilaci was in intensive care and wasn't there!!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NV with a big upset loss to Seymours puts them back into reality as they are not a top team but will battle in the top division.
Beg to differ with you on this info. Norvan wins 2-bagel and with a 3-0 record are 8 points further ahead then they were last year. I have no doubt Norvan will be battling in the top division.

scilaci

Dec 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who is this Norvan team? I hear they could win the division.

Conductor, you've been quiet lately, do you have any inside scoop about this Norvan team?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan has benefitted from a favorable opening schedule that has eased them into first place, temporarily. They are playing decent but will need to change gears and pick it up with the next games being Roma, NAFC, Nordic; all 1st place contenders.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Money in the bank:

Norvan, NAFC, and ROMA will be representing the NSCL in the BC's this YEAR! :wa:

Mr. Azzurri with your new role as Captain this year for ROMA, do you feel like your team has a chance in getting past the 1st round of the BC's?

Mr. Azzurri can you also confirm that the greek midfielder in the middle of the park might be taking his services somewhere else next year. I heard him and the coach are not seeing eye to eye?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantabulous the only team that is Money in the Bank for BC's is Norvan. NAFC and Roma are still battling it out with Nordic. Out of these 3 teams one will get in for sure.The other team will have to play a one game playoff against the Vikings(most likely).

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0