Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nucks vs Boston - 2011 Stanley Cup Final

Stanley Cup 2011 Final - who'll win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quite the difference from the high stepping after Game 2. So let me guess.......Luongo is overpaid?

Wash your hands of this one? No excuses....it's a good series and it was never going to be over in 4 as the multitude of fans proclaimed to me walking out of Rogers Arena after Game 2. Probably the same fans that walked away from downtown after 40 minutes.

Should be a great Game 5

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ladies annnnnd Gentlemen...

THE STANLEY CUP FINALS!!!!!

We have ourselves a series. Shut the fcuk up and let's enjoy this best of 3!!! My goodness what fun!

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow JBN... the Canuck's speed killed us yet again... the Canucks are so much better than the Bruins in every way... why do we bother showing up...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mtkb, it would actually be nice if they didn't show up for the next 2 games. If you don't mind. ;)

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Screw all you nucks fans for booing luongo! Do you have no memory? Do you remember what people were saying about Thomas after game 2? Now after this game luongo has to be asked by a reporter "what do you think about the fans cheering when you got pulled?" shite man, even jim Houston mentioned how flaky Canucks fans were for cheering like that. Luongo has got us here and he is our number 1 till the end, so cheer for him you flakes!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Screw all you nucks fans for booing luongo! Do you have no memory? Do you remember what people were saying about Thomas after game 2? Now after this game luongo has to be asked by a reporter "what do you think about the fans cheering when you got pulled?" shite man, even jim Houston mentioned how flaky Canucks fans were for cheering like that. Luongo has got us here and he is our number 1 till the end, so cheer for him you flakes!

12 goals...2 games

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although Ballard didn't have a great game I kind of feel sorry for him. Here he is first finals game ever and probably nervous as hell and he gets thrown into the fire having to play against Boston's top lines with Bieksa who is back to the Bieksa of old since Hamhuis is injured. He'll be better next game if there is a next game for him. I'll give him credit for one thing though and that's he tried to get after Marchand after taking Daniel out unlike Oreskovich, who I thought was reported to be a scrapper, not wanting anything to do with McQuade.

As for the next game please either dress 7 dmen or insert Tanev and let him and Ballard play together since they are good as a pair and Ehrhoff looks like he is still suffering from the bummed shoulder.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The problem for the Canucks is that their D are playing with guys they arent used to playing with... so when you go to break out quick, which is the Canucks' forte, the other guy isnt necessarily exactly where you expect him to be... add to that the loss of Hamhuis, and the obvious injuries to Kesler and to a lesser extent Hank and Bieksa, mix in some Luongo jitters, and the Canucks are in serious trouble...

I hope...

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got into a heated debate with a guy on the weekend over Luongo. I said he's good, he differed. He said that "Thomas outplayed Luongo in the first 2 games" which I found ludicrous. Thomas played well, but Luongo was just as good.

Now, however, I have a whole freakin pile of egg on my face as I sit and munch on my crow. Crap.

How could those last 2 goals count? The 3rd occurred after Ballard was slew-footed by the cheap cnut Marchand (who I would take on my team any day):rolleyes:, and the fourth appeared to me to be batted in by Peverley's glove. There was even a shot on TV of the replay booth showing one of the guys doing the batting motion. Yet seconds later, the ref points to the circle. WTF???:confused:

I hope the team can rally around Marchand's hand wiping taunt as he skated by the Canucks bench. Yeah, you're reeeeeaaaal tough Brad. You clothesline noted German goon Christian Ehrhoff before clipping 4th line tough guy Daniel Sedin head first into the boards. Good thing Vancouver's pugilist - Keith Ballard - was on the ice to take of things.;)

The Aaron Rone hit on Nathan Horton was the turning point of the series, but if the Canucks do this right, the hand wipe may do the same.:cool:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks "fans" have short memories. All I've heard is how we need him to steal us a game, does no one remember Game 7 against Chicago, the Nashville series, games 4 and 5 against SJ, and games 1 and 2 against Boston? Obviously he's had some bad games, but he got us here. We are not winning anything with how we're scoring (4 goals in 4 games) so until that changes Luongo could be Patrick Roy or Marty Brodeur and we aren't winning anything. Lets get back to actually cheering on our team instead of pissing and moaning everything something goes wrong or we get a bad bounce/call.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 3rd occurred after Ballard was slew-footed by the cheap cnut Marchand (who I would take on my team any day):rolleyes:

I was pissed after that, bad, bad missed call, then Bieksa (I think) deflects the shot top corner. Couldn't have had a more unlucky sequence of events.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
For God's sake, would they please call up Rypien for one shift to deliver a smack down on Thomas, then Marchand, and while he's at it, take out Chara?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rypien had major knee surgery, he's not an option.

Plain and simple the Nucks played like they can in games 1 & 2, and were the better team in those games by a long shot, but Timmy T kept it close
In Games 3 & 4 the Nucks have played poorly, had little to no puck luck, had some bad breaks and Timmy T has been outstanding, and Luongo has been Average by his standards.

It's a series now, and this is only good for the fans, not our blood pressure mind you, but it's hockey.

The Nucks won the Presidents Trophy for this, 2 of 3 remaining games at home.

So Far EA is 4 for 4 on this series and still 13 for 14 on their series' predicitons with the only series they got wrong being Detroit over SJS in 7 in OT in Game 7... that's a close shave... They have picked the Nucks in 7.

EA is the oracle. ;)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Far EA is 4 for 4 on this series and still 13 for 14 on their series' predicitons with the only series they got wrong being Detroit over SJS in 7 in OT in Game 7... that's a close shave... They have picked the Nucks in 7. EA is the oracle. ;)

That's why I'm not worried :D I think it comes down to first goal. Boston sit 5 guys within a sticks reach of Thomas making rebounds and cross ice passes virtually impossible. When we score first, they can't do that and it opens the game up for us.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friday night will be the first real gut check the Canucks will have faced since the Chicago series. Champions rise to this type of occassion, pretenders fold like a 25 dollar tent from Canadian Tire.

Luongo needs to be better than he was in game 3 and 4, and that still might not be enough. The defense is a shambles right now, and Kesler has gone MIA. The Sedins for their part are creating some chances, but are not producing. Third line has gone into hibernation since Lapierre's antics.

Epic collapse has begun. Only question is do they have the jam to stop it?

:bronco:

urnotatwembley

Mar 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Monkey = HomerClown

Slewfoot - get serious................ref was 25 feet away. Conspiracy theory again and again and again.......................
Daniel running at the Weasel, so he ducks and Daniel misses and flies into the boards(what was that girl thinking)
I hope the team rallies................................ over a 4th line rookie that sent a statement to Softcouver group that really has soft leadership core(insert Soft Swede line here)

It's Done......................................Going East for the Parade.

Robert G Orr

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Monkey = HomerClown Slewfoot - get serious................ref was 25 feet away. Conspiracy theory again and again and again....................... Daniel running at the Weasel, so he ducks and Daniel misses and flies into the boards(what was that girl thinking) I hope the team rallies................................ over a 4th line rookie that sent a statement to Softcouver group that really has soft leadership core(insert Soft Swede line here) It's Done......................................Going East for the Parade. Robert G Orr

You're an idiot.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Monkey = HomerClown Slewfoot - get serious................ref was 25 feet away. Conspiracy theory again and again and again....................... Daniel running at the Weasel, so he ducks and Daniel misses and flies into the boards(what was that girl thinking) I hope the team rallies................................ over a 4th line rookie that sent a statement to Softcouver group that really has soft leadership core(insert Soft Swede line here) It's Done......................................Going East for the Parade. Robert G Orr
Whatever.
How is this anything like a conspiracy theory? Wembly Wannabee, was Ballard taken down behind the net? Yes or no? Did the resulting turnover cause a scoring chance?
Daniel ran at Marchand? Holy crap. A Sedin ran at somebody?
I fully a gree with Stallion.

You're an idiot.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0