Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

uniballer

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the CDC issued updated guidance on SARS-CoV-2 and Surface (Fomite) Transmission for Indoor Community Environments.

And it says that "findings of these studies suggest that the risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection via the fomite transmission route is low, and generally less than 1 in 10,000, which means that each contact with a contaminated surface has less than a 1 in 10,000 chance of causing an infection"

So when we get back to playing I would hope we can end the fcuking theatrical nonsense of "sanitizing" the ball every time it touches a hand!
Heard the Canucks were all playing indoor footy.......too soon???

Uniballer left

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This one winds me up, too. Those guys / gals should be 100% front of line ahead of everyone, old folks included. Cops, FF, paramedics, docs, nurses. Get them done and move on with the top - down plan for the rest of the public.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's not rolling out well at all. Yes, the shots can expire. I have heard of folks going to pharmacies at the end of the day, getting in line, and getting their shot out of the pharmacist calling an audible, rather administer it to someone than let it expire. I'm not endorsing this or decrying this, and actually don't know of anyone personally, but have heard of it through my 75 YO buddy who witnessed it and endorsed the action. Why not? Why let these valuable vaccinations expire? Get them into a body!

Like everyone, I've been kicking this around myself....

Why not the critical first responders first, then open it up? Just ;like flu vaccine? Allow folks to go in and get on a daily basis, no qualification needed? This way, those whom are mobile and out and about most of the time will get immunized, and you would actually reach herd immunity faster?

And, like the flu shot, you may go to a pharmacy, and they may be out, but they will say, "Come back Tuesday, we get out deliveries then.".

No? Crazy talk?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My mom just got one the other day, my dad hadn’t been scheduled yet. Mom talked to the Nurse, who talked to her boss. They said screw it, bring him in. Vaccinated them both. I’m all for pulling an audible, get them in arms. Why would you let it expire.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same thing happened with my parents. Dad is immune compromised. He was scheduled. And they had “extra” at the end of the day so my mom went back for one. I read many people are no shows and there are lots of extras around.
Dude. Your Idea is logical.
But I don’t think logic is around anymore.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed.
I also do not know why they cannot areas where the higher cases are?
Seems silly vaccinating a shat load of people that are not near any hot spots either?
I would like to see a plan on a map of what their direction and goal is.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, just had coffee with my buddy in the know. For the first time since last year, back to sitting in my backyard, more than 2 meters apart. Anyways, heard first hand how this town is now under some extreme stress for the first time since March 2020. The Brazilian variant just blasting through shared housing and establishments. If the Province isn't under full ockdown by end of today I'll be shocked.

@dezza, thought I'd let you know, I'm going to go mountain biking in Pemberton this afternoon, and probably order a burger from Mile 1 at about 4:14, eat it outside. Bacon & cheese. Maybe a Coffee from Mount Currie Coffee Co., undecided , but tonight will have a 5 mg THC Soda, as I'm off booze till we are 100% restrictions lifted. I'm not above substance abuse, you know. Tomorrow morning back to Pemby for a much longer ride.

Just so you know.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do Brazilians ski?

Skiing 80S Skier GIF by MOODMAN

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had my first spring soccer practice with the kids, yesterday. Sunny, beautiful. Felt like the world was back to normal for an hour. Sure they can’t scrimmage but smiles everywhere, just need to bring extra energy and invent ways to keep it fun. Lifts the spirits.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How the fack is a 24 year old Blue Jay getting vaccinated before me???
Go fack yourself!! Seriously!!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How the fack is a 24 year old Blue Jay getting vaccinated before me???
Go fack yourself!! Seriously!!
2 people from my work 1/100th First Nations in their 30s but have status cards, both vaccinated. Live in the burbs in million dollar homes. Political? I think so.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 people from my work 1/100th First Nations in their 30s but have status cards, both vaccinated. Live in the burbs in million dollar homes. Political? I think so.

I wonder if in today's world one could identify as Indigenous and jump the line.

At least @Dude is being saved

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the actual fcuk?

So Surrey isn't deemed a hotspot? Lot's of rich people in Whistler...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0