Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Occupy Vancouver

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was by there yesterday morning, in fact I parked and walked by the hoard as I walked down Hornby.

The whole place (and it was raining and gloomy) stunk of weed and piss.

When I re-entered the parkade after my meeting theres a bearded guy in $150 sneakers coming out of the parkade zipping his pants back up walking back towards OV Tent city, and theres a fresh piss pool trickling down the stairs.

The Cops aren't free and the Protesters/Occupiers/Anarchists are all getting away with whatever they want... They're all out protesting mining over the weekend and theyre all plugging away on their Iphones and Laptops...

This whole thing is a debacle and it wouldn't surprise me to see this thing escalate into a riot between the 99% folks and the black bloc anarchists rallying the homeless and drug addled.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
as for the video Dude, he's preaching to the converted, and he's to "Trite" and "Conservative" for the crowd that would most benefit from his message.

What he says is correct and incorrect. 3.5 days per year wouldn't make the entitled feel less entitled, it would just be a hipster camping trip.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously Vancouver is 90% great and 10% awful. Unfortunately the 10% gets all the media attention and paints us all with the same brush. They need to step in and "deal" with these people and if they resist and will not move then force should be used 100%.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were's a runaway dump truck when you need one. all I see in this Occupy thingy is a nice lawn for poeple to squat on. instead of sleeping on the concrete they are sleeping on the lawn. whatever political message they had hoped to deliver is lost on all the crap surrounding it. I find it kinda stupid that these poeple think that the 1% running the show is a new thing.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's leave these peaceful protesters alone folks.

I have a feeling that was tongue in cheek. I doubt most of the people you represent would fall on the side of these folks.

IOn any event, they can still protest, but they can't live on public property and should not be allowed to partake in the drug trade there either. Why are these folks being treated to a different standard? Why the prefferential treatment? Obviously, because nobody wants to see it escallate to violence, but I think that's what the core of the protestors want...they want the cameras and media there when they "fight for their rights", except, they have no right to camp on the grounds, or run a narcotics trade there either.

In truth, my feeling is that if everyone ignored them- including media- they'd move on sooner than later.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
perhaps invite the skin heads from mission to hang out at the art gallery for the weekend..

i saw the guy who was one of the original organizers for occupy vancouver on the news last night..

He left the camp after a couple days because the anarchists had overtaken

way to lead a team into battle and bail 2 days later

idiot

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did I hear correctly that a young girl was raped in one of these tents? It's time for the Mayor to end this thing today! They should be treating this thing as a crime scene and get the bloody legal part finished and run these people out of town or into jail...there choice really.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0