Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Over 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A game of 2 halves...

Westside 1-2 SFU

We went up 1-0 on a great effort from Atts who beat 2 or 3 guy on a 40 yard romp and then put it away.

We made quite a few changes at the half and things weren't the same although we did miss a sitter inside the 6. They scored one back on a nice run and chip over the keeper's head, and then the winner on a peno from the 12.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DEFEAT

PA - 1 (Woodsford)
SU - 3 (2 House, Ballbaby)

I would have suggested MOTW prior to game time. PA played on their heels all game. PA suprisingly up by one at the half, but SU should have had three. Second half started off a bit better and PA took it to last years Champions'. Woodsford was unlucky not to get a couple past SU. As Champions will do, SU took opportunities and finished PA off in style. Two well took House headers and a rather average finish by Ballbaby;) put PA out for a TKO.

Needless to say the beers did not taste quite so good and I am finished sulking:eek: .

Good game SU! I have nothing good to say about Pinter today. I think he had a stinker, in my opinion, but the result would not have been any different.

SUraisingthenotchjustthatmuchmore-ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Always takes the wind out of my sails

Good game 5BT's!

It's always a good match between us.

Houser has scored more goals with his head than I can count. Nice to have that option up front. Woodsy showed what he can do given the opportunity.

The beers tasted good, admit it!

I'm off golfing for a couple of days 5BT's with a sprained wrist that I obtained during the game today. It must have looked a tad strange, me practising my swing during the game. It was during a lull of course.

Take care!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
.500 again

Westside 3-0 Lobbans

What a day for a game! Hillcrest was in good shape although the grass was a little long. Never really in doubt but they did miss two sitters (we bagged enough to cover them) and we should have had more.

Great bbq after with salmon, Italian sausages and a keg o' beer which was eventually drained thanks to the Indo boys who hung out late. They were the diehards after going down to Rino's 2-1.

Next up the Firefighters at Hillcrest after a week off to eat turkey (hopefully we won't be still chewing when we play the Firemen...).

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to let you West Coast Over 30 boys know. We here in the FVSL Over 30 do not take weekends off.

PA is playing Acedemico and I am not sure of the other matchups this weekend.

~regs~ I think if Peter is going to submit a MOTW for the WC Over30 bastards we should have one from the FVSL Over30 as well.

What do you think?:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds good to me. Who is gonna step up to the plate and submit them? You or Balls?

~TB.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think based on seniority it should be Ballbaby. TTP seniority that is!

If he doesn't want to do it I will step up to the plate.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
She's all yours

Thanks for the consideration 5BT's but I can hardly find time to read these forums. I will not do it justice. I look forward to your posts.

I kinda like playing at Thanksgiving. Seems like I've been doing it forever. We play Haney at home. That is not the MOTW in my opinion.

Take care.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Match Reports

NSCL.

Haven't posted much, on behalf of our league, been really busy. Our league site , is almost up and running. I hope to have it going within the week. Hopefully I can provide a weekly round-up report soon. Stay tuned.

.North Shore Coaches League

In the mean time if you want some funny match reports, see below.
Match Reports

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby,

Sorry to hear you will not be able to give a MOTW report. :(

I think you would do a much better job than I. Having said that I will try my best to give my angle on what I feel will be the MOTW.

PA - 4
Academico - 3

This game was more one-sided than the score line suggests. Academico has improved there team since last year. They still need a few good men too get into the top half of the league. Academico is also prone to more yapping than I have heard yet this year. Everything is offside or a red card foul.

This game was played in the Academico half for about 70 minutes except for the long kick and run style they seem to run. A period of about 15 minutes in which Academico scored 3. A peno, a scramble in front of the net, and one great rocket from 25 yards out brought Academico close. The result was never in question as PA completely dominated this game. The score line could have easliy been greater had the PA boys worked on finishing last week at practise.

Here are other results from Sundays Over 30 FVSL:

Surrey United 4 GEU Old Haney 0
Surrey City Firemen 1 Mission Celtics 1
IFC 2 Delta Metro United 5
Poco City FC 2 Langley FC 4
Golden Olys 2 Surrey FC Sundowners 4

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weeks Over 30 FVSL games;

Mission Celtics v Golden Olys
Peace Arch United v Surrey City Firemen
GEU Old Haney v Academico Alumni
Langley FC v Surrey United
Delta Metro United v Poco City FC
Sapperton Old Boys v IFC
Surrey FC Sundowners v Mt. Lehman Storm

There are some interesting matchups this weekend but the MOTW for me is the Langley FC vs SU.

Langley seems to have made great stides improving a team that was an easy victory last year. Here is the true test of Langley's character. Langley is in the top 5 this year and tied Surrey Sundowners early in the year. Should be a great matchup in Cloverdale.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The OTHER League

WCOTSL Premier Fixtures (all games Sunday @ 10--except one):

Club Inter vs SFU Clan Alumni BLSCW #1  *9 AM
Total Marine Celtic vs Lobbans McLean Park
Columbus vs Burnaby Firefighters Central Park
Westside Miloni vs Firefighters Hillcrest Park South Centre

Gotta go with the Firefighters/Westside tilt for the MOTW.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another fine day at Hillcrest

Westside 2-2 Firefighters

A tight game that saw us go up twice only to let the 3 points slip away with 2 minutes left in the game. In all fairness, they certainly deserved at least 1 point on a day where both teams could have used some subs. They had the majority of the play.

Our new home field is proving to be quite profitable. We have the early slot and set up a bbq for the games that follow. With 3 fields potentially going for 12 and 2 o'clock games, we manage to support our scotch habit.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunny South Surrey

PA - 1
SCFF - 0

Great result in a tough game for PA. Just when it looked as if it was going to be a easy day, the Surrey City FF woke up and had all sorts of pressure and chances in the last 20 minutes of a well played game.

Surrey City had few subs and looked to be struggling with fitness for much of the game. PA carried most of the game to SCFF, who looked spent. PA missed several good scoring chances throughout most of the game. PA scored when a SCFF defender and goalie had a communication breakdown. PA nipped in for an easy tap-in and the only goal of the match.

This SCFF team will be a force for other teams around the league. They have lost two games 3 - buzz, but they have been in every other game this year. They are a tough, big hard working team. Good on corners and set pieces around the box. Take note and look out for these old bastards when they have more subs and a goal scorer. I hear rumors of Andy Myers signing.

It was suggested that SSFF were a bunch of arse-holes but that's is far from the truth. Just a bunch of hard working blue collared types. Watch out for SCFF in the not too distant future.

Now for the rest of the FVSL:

Mission Celtics 4 Golden Olys 3
Peace Arch United 1 Surrey City Firemen 0
GEU Old Haney 3 Academico Alumni 0
MOTW - LGLY FC 0 SRY U 3
Delta Metro United 4 Poco City FC 0
Sapperton Old Boys 6 IFC 3
Surrey FC Sundowners 10 Mt. Lehman Storm 0

We will have to hear from BB as to SU game with Langley.

5btbeingmorewordythanhelikes :D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU 3-0 Langley

Apparently an easy game but I wasn't there. I was up in Golden firing rifles.

I think we have Surrey Sundowners pretty soon. That should be a fun game. I think they are playing pretty good.

5bt's, I agree that the SCFF are a good team.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter,

You need to fill everyone in on the travesty that occured between you guys and the Firefighters on Sunday -- namely, the ref. I'd go ahead, but I only saw the second half -- I imagine there had to have been more in the first. Cripes, what a moron.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

What's the point in bitching about refs? Everyone on the field made mistakes out there. He had a lot of guys yelling at him and he let his ego get in the way of the game--happens all the time.

My only beef with refs is to indicate early which way the foul's going so one can get on with the attack or defense of said penalty. Too often it's a fcukin' mystery.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I just happened to see things a little differently from the sidelines. That Firefighter's Elbow-1-2-3 move was a little too much for just a free kick -- for them. And then a couple of minutes later a push in face after the ball was out of play from the same guy, was too much to overlook some card-action.

Nevertheless, it was a damn exciting match to watch.

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:cool: We played Mt lehman on sunday .
It was abit one sided but give them credit the never got dirty.
The goal keeper actually made some unreal saves.
So far enjoying Over 30's.
mach mit qualitat.
highlander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0