Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup 2004

Who will win the Pak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
It's a pot / kettle thing Timmy...Regs played, what was it again...a Provincial Cup match against the Firefighters at NAP turf last year?

He's just trolling, and taking a shot at Fudge, who thinks TTP is pish, and called Regs bald once. :eek:
Huh? Regs doesnt play for us???

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The point being is that the valley has the nicest pitches and facilities in the lower mainland and it's not being taken advantage of.

Turf is soccer's answer to long neck beer bottles.

Before you know it, you won't remember what grass was like to play on.

~Regs.

PS. Dude, check your facts regarding Peg/Firemen last year...

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Precious leaves the Shire

A very sad day today as "Precious" moves onto pastures new. After returning to the Shire after an absence of six years and being rescued from Mordor where it has been for the last two years, "Precious" had found its happy place again.

Sadly all good things come to an end, but not before the lads have had a chance to bid farewell, as only they can, and leave a reminder to the next champions of who's footsteps they follow. So today, before our league game against GEU, "Precious" will be passed around the team. It's only fitting that the word "Ring" comes into this tale and so each player will pass their own ring around the lip of "Precious" in preparation for the next champions to take their inaugural sip from the tainted rim.

Bottoms Up!!!!! :D

P.S. Stepchild thought that this would be great idea, so he is making a special trip down to our game this afternoon to also pass on his own little "ring of confidence" to the next champions.

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Precious leaves the Shire

Crafty Cokcney said:
P.S. Stepchild thought that this would be great idea, so he is making a special trip down to our game this afternoon to also pass on his own little "ring of confidence" to the next champions.

That doesn't surprise me. Stepchild knows any team he plays for will never win the cup so he will never drink from it. Fukcing cancer boy!!!

Silver "Resident of Mordor" Fox

Clubfoot

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should be an interesting weekend.

Poco and GN play first with Langley and the Storm playing right after. This will definitely put pressure on Langley as it should be a given that they beat a div one side. If knowing who they are going to play in the final is not motivation i don't know what is.

Will Langley be able to handle all the pressure with the whole premier league watching. Everyone is curious to see how they do against the newest premier team for next winter?? :)

Poco vs. GN. Which GN team shows up will determine who wins this game. Some weeks they look like allstars and others you wonder how they stay in the division. The biggest challenge for them will be mental. Can they stay focused and play together or will Poco simply dominate with brute strength and hard work? :)

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clubfoot said:
Should be an interesting weekend.

Poco and GN play first with Langley and the Storm playing right after. This will definitely put pressure on Langley as it should be a given that they beat a div one side. If knowing who they are going to play in the final is not motivation i don't know what is.

Will Langley be able to handle all the pressure with the whole premier league watching. Everyone is curious to see how they do against the newest premier team for next winter?? :)

Poco vs. GN. Which GN team shows up will determine who wins this game. Some weeks they look like allstars and others you wonder how they stay in the division. The biggest challenge for them will be mental. Can they stay focused and play together or will Poco simply dominate with brute strength and hard work? :)

I like the analysis. Look's like Skip may have a little competition for MOTW commentary come fall.

Rest assured Langley is not taking the Storm lightly as there are some mutual friends on these teams so the respect will be there. And a recognition of the talent they will bring. Not sure how having the provincial berth already will affect us, as up to 10 days ago all we focused on was the all or nothing aspect of the semi final for the berth. Also not sure how us knowing who the other finalist will be translates into all the the motivation we will need. The fact that we are in the semi's and securing a chance to win the cup after last year, which includes the guys who endured Surrey FC, is all we need. Looking forward to it.

Other semi will be an interesting one. I agree that GN brings the talent, but I have to think that the heart and desire associated with POCO's work rate will win out in the end.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN / Whalley final...... :eek: :eek:

Whalley to draw Surrey United in the first round of the BC's. I think someone in the district will win that one. :rolleyes:

You heard it here first!

Skipmissingbeinginthebiggames

Clubfoot

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
GN / Whalley final...... :eek: :eek:

Whalley to draw Surrey United in the first round of the BC's. I think someone in the district will win that one. :rolleyes:

You heard it here first!

Skipmissingbeinginthebiggames

I don't know about you but I would rather the teams from the valley play the teams from town. The VMSL is supposed to be better. Well lets put the top teams from the valley against the top from town and find out what were made of.

There is too much BS about VMSL this VMSL that, let's put it all out on the field. Don't think any of the boy's from the valley would not relish a chance to knock the VSML teams down a few notches. :)

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clubfoot said:
I don't know about you but I would rather the teams from the valley play the teams from town. The VMSL is supposed to be better. Well lets put the top teams from the valley against the top from town and find out what were made of.

There is too much BS about VMSL this VMSL that, let's put it all out on the field. Don't think any of the boy's from the valley would not relish a chance to knock the VSML teams down a few notches. :)

Clubfoot,
I am sure we will see this soon. As " the top teams from the valley " will be playing top teams in the VMSL and/or other leagues in the "BC Provincials" very shortly. You will soon see. Mark my words.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Clubfoot The VMSL is supposed to be better.

News flash for those living in lala land... The VMSL is a better League!!! I do think some fo the top players in the Valley could do well in the VMSL, but on a whole teams in the Metro league are much deeper and the game is at a faster pace... Just ask Regs... ;)

On topic, GN to win the Pak if they feel like playing on that day!!! :rolleyes:

Clubfoot

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
News flash for those living in lala land... The VMSL is a better League!!! I do think some fo the top players in the Valley could do well in the VMSL, but on a whole teams in the Metro league are much deeper and the game is at a faster pace...

I was under the impression that it was a team from the valley that went to the nationals last year.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was under the impression I was repeating myself and you actually knew something about football??? :rolleyes: Was I ever wrong!!! ;)
Surrey United do play out of Cloverdale Athletic, but have been in the VMSL since 1998-99 season... They're not a Valley team (just ask KNVB :rolleyes: )

With Love, Guinness

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To get back on topic I havent seen Whalley play recently but I know a few guys on the team, and if they have any hussle(sp) they will beat Langley who dont have any skill, but they do have alot of muckers. Giving Langley credit they have done alot this season, but I am still surprised how they managed to be one of the better teams in the league. :confused:
As for our match against Poco, we got too many players missing in action for any comment. Regardless, I still say Poco are elderly/experienced squad, but GN's U16 team must beat them this weekend and make it the second time in Club history that we will make the Pak finals. :eek:

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
When was the first time?

I got to get back to you on the year, Im not sure, I figure about 10 years ago. You do know GN has been in this league for about 20 years now. They actually started from the bottom division and slowly worked their way up the ranks.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember playing them in the Presidents Cup when they were U-21. I just wanted to make sure you weren't confusing the two. The time frame is about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0