Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grass over turf ANY DAY.
Especially Poco's turf.

Kids under 25 are starting to think soccer is played on ARTIFICIAL turf.
Turf should be used only when a "decent" grass pitch can not be found.

Fcuk turf and the injuries that come with it.

also...

you know when you assume.....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Echo Regs...wow...guys bitching because they COULDN'T play on turf. This must be Bizzaro Soccer World, where there is a BCPL, Rangerforever doesn't post with a fencepost lodged up his ass, and KNVB is not a cnut.

Ghouse: sorry man...if it read "Gates Park", you should have inquired. Means anywhere on the park. Always, always, always in our pre-game chats the week of training, we discuss the possibilities of the surface if it isn't home. Always have. You are the only one to blame here.

Least I forget...JTL, you have something on your chin.

Again.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gates Gate 2010

Ghouse, slagging the President of our league on a public forum without any facts is very weak! Especially, considering he has stuck up for you and has looked past your outbursts in the past. Peace Arch have learned the hard way to prepare and contacting the league to inquire which surface we were playing on was initiated by us. We were told both were booked and the League was working with the City to prepare the grass as best as possible. As I've played on every pitch at Gates (used to know as Reeve before turf became the spotlight) they get water logged easily, so both sets of footware was in my bag.

Seriously, all of this moaning has taken away from the fact a fantastic game was played by both ACBC and PAU. I honestly couldn't be happier how we played from start to finish. That is because ACBC have some very talented individuals with blazing speed that can kill you on the counter if you are not constantly focused. Unfortunately the lingering knock on ACBC is they don't have the character guys who have been there or act like they've done that before. Yes, I know you won last year, but commitment and work ethic is something that is not occasional, it is constant. We all talk about what have you done lately, but truth is we are all measured by accomplishments over a long period of time. ACBC have had a great 12 months and should continue building toward future success. Trust me, PAU have had a tough season, but we appreciate the challenge in front of us.

Ghouse, before you take my opinion personally think about this very same League 5 years ago. Imagine a league that didn't include, 3 hour Wednesday night training sessions, Friday night games without changerooms, under armor, yellow boots, mittens, whoot whoots and a provincial flag for a jersey!

Yes, the FVSL did exist before you joined so open up your eyes and look beyond yourself. The FVSL has embraced your creative play and different perspective, maybe you should respect the path others have laid before you arrived on the scene. IMO the abundance of turf has ruined afternoon matches played on well maintained grass pitches. Like it or not, city workers are not spending their time on the up keep and clubs are pushing the men to play late at night on turf. Every injury I have had in the last 3 years is because of turf (and being out of shape).

Posted by: Reedie
I would like to see us go back to the old system where every game is scheduled to be played on grass and if the fields are closed then we switch to turf.

I completely agree with Reedie, even if he has an ACBC avatar! ;) This being the 101st year of the Pakenham Cup, I am happy to say it has NEVER been played on an artificial surface. This tradition is something I hope remains, but with progression comes change.

Plan B if the weather does not cooperate.
South Surrey Athletic has both turf and grass booked for the Cup finals weekend. Everyone participating should read TTP, because you will not get contacted by the league directly. The grass out at SSA is something PAU are very proud of, however BC weather is unpredictable and turf will be used as an alternate.

GuinnesslookingforwardtoafantasticdayApril3.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Gates Gate 2010

Ghouse, slagging the President of our league on a public forum without any facts is very weak! Especially, considering he has stuck up for you and has looked past your outbursts in the past. Peace Arch have learned the hard way to prepare and contacting the league to inquire which surface we were playing on was initiated by us. We were told both were booked and the League was working with the City to prepare the grass as best as possible. As I've played on every pitch at Gates (used to know as Reeve before turf became the spotlight) they get water logged easily, so both sets of footware was in my bag.

Seriously, all of this moaning has taken away from the fact a fantastic game was played by both ACBC and PAU. I honestly couldn't be happier how we played from start to finish. That is because ACBC have some very talented individuals with blazing speed that can kill you on the counter if you are not constantly focused. Unfortunately the lingering knock on ACBC is they don't have the character guys who have been there or act like they've done that before. Yes, I know you won last year, but commitment and work ethic is something that is not occasional, it is constant. We all talk about what have you done lately, but truth is we are all measured by accomplishments over a long period of time. ACBC have had a great 12 months and should continue building toward future success. Trust me, PAU have had a tough season, but we appreciate the challenge in front of us.

Ghouse, before you take my opinion personally think about this very same League 5 years ago. Imagine a league that didn't include, 3 hour Wednesday night training sessions, Friday night games without changerooms, under armor, yellow boots, mittens, whoot whoots and a provincial flag for a jersey!

Yes, the FVSL did exist before you joined so open up your eyes and look beyond yourself. The FVSL has embraced your creative play and different perspective, maybe you should respect the path others have laid before you arrived on the scene. IMO the abundance of turf has ruined afternoon matches played on well maintained grass pitches. Like it or not, city workers are not spending their time on the up keep and clubs are pushing the men to play late at night on turf. Every injury I have had in the last 3 years is because of turf (and being out of shape).

I completely agree with Reedie, even if he has an ACBC avatar! ;) This being the 101st year of the Pakenham Cup, I am happy to say it has NEVER been played on an artificial surface. This tradition is something I hope remains, but with progression comes change.

Plan B if the weather does not cooperate.
South Surrey Athletic has both turf and grass booked for the Cup finals weekend. Everyone participating should read TTP, because you will not get contacted by the league directly. The grass out at SSA is something PAU are very proud of, however BC weather is unpredictable and turf will be used as an alternate.

GuinnesslookingforwardtoafantasticdayApril3.

Guinness? Is that you? Nice post. :)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey guys ..please put 2 fingers in now,

How many times do I have to say it...Doesnt matter if we play in a parkinglot..we should have been notified..Moody too.

Bandwagoners that would feel the same if you were in our shoes.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The atmosphere at gates park on saturday was great. There was a good turn out and the weather help up. Both games were well played and exciting. TM does a great job in running the league and he should be commended for the time and effort he puts in. I know we are really excited to be in the finals and it should be a good test for us against PAU.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The Apprentice

Finishing second in the league makes you clear cut favourites.
We are just happy to be in the mix at this point!

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The Apprentice

Finishing second in the league makes you clear cut favourites.
We are just happy to be in the mix at this point!

GIMMIE A FAKIN BREAK:rolleyes: IT DONT MATTER HOW U DID IN THE LEAGUE..

GO BACK AND CHECK YOUR HEAD TO HEAD RECORD THIS YEAR:rolleyes:

SCREW THE UNDERDOG BULL SHITE.. MAKES U LOOK SCARED

caps lock my bad

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

TA plays for Poco in the FVSL?!?!?
The atmosphere at gates park on saturday was great. There was a good turn out and the weather help up. Both games were well played and exciting. TM does a great job in running the league and he should be commended for the time and effort he puts in. I know we are really excited to be in the finals and it should be a good test for us against PAU.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Listen Haters... all it takes is communication. Ghouse, Millsy will call you about the SX finals vs Abby...

[ame="http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/communication-uk-4634b05d2d80b4d60864c314b858ef99.html"]KNVB / Subtitle movie with BombayTV[/ame]

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
[ame=http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/publicite-uk-8cff2c60216b01bede5097eb2af79422.html]james cameron / Subtitle movie with BombayTV[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0