Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
peace arch selects D1 give ACBC easy path to second round with a forfeit.....

That BS. At least play the game and not pussy out. Somehow the Waderbacks only lost 1-0 to a prem team. Athletics get pumped by Poco. A lot of upsets last night. Olympics have anything to do with it? I know we have some guys working it and unfortunately you can't get time off so maybe thats whats with all the weird results.

Frank

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arse forfeits a Pak cup game.wtf.I hope there is another reason other that we might lose. where is the team pride,what team or coach folds up like that, great heart and passion boys.F'n losers

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arse forfeits a Pak cup game.wtf.

Yeah... some of us wait all season for a chance to test ourselves against better teams, and still never get the chance... these guys fold up instead of playing... one more reason to have a 10-12 team Division 1.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the record..I was told ,due to Olympic jobs, PAS would only be able to dress 7 players. That with no callups allowed for Cup,they had to forfeit.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well RANGERS VS TRINITY
WTF. Rangers controlled first half, missed a clear breakaway and a few tap ins.......second was equal play with us hitting crossbar and post. They came at us but never threatened (except an offside;)).
Went to shootout.
Round 1
we score
Stonedwall makes save
Round 2
We hit post
Stonedwall makes save
Round 3
We score
They miss net
Yes we were up 2 with 2 shoots left.
Round 4
Goalie makes save
They score
Round 5
We miss net
THey score
Round 6
Goalie makes save
They score
They WIN.:eek:

Fukc me, let a team hang around and look what happens.
Very disappointed, much like my spelling..... Terrible!

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
pau 1-0 over delta in Pks 4-3

pretty even game all the way they had few chances to slot it away near the end our keeper came up big with few saves on to the next round

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear Delta Premier finnally got thier first win of the season 1-0 over Abby Arsenal.
Good job guys.
Good luck the rest of the way.

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rd 1 - Sat
Peace Arch Utd P 6 - Port Moody Gunners D1 1
Peace Arch Utd D1 2 - Delta Utd Highlanders D1 1
LUFC Dynamo D1 0 - SFC Strikers D1 1
North Delta Lions P 1 - Abbotsford Arsenal D1 0
Stolo Utd D1 0 - Poco Rangers FC P 5

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley's Quiet, so I'll throw a few comments out there.

We had our full squad negative the faces that were signed on but had to commit to our prem side cause of injuries and such...

Right off the bat I felt Langley tried to play there tidy passing game, but between our wingers efforts, particularly on the left, and the backlines tackling, they had little success dancing around us like they would have liked.

It was very even sided in possession for a while with not much real attempt on goal.
Until we sent in a cross from the right back I think, that was headed in clean on the front post by our holding midfielder, who found the energy to make the six to flat foot the keeper. 1-0 at half.

Talk at half on our part, was very positive, and very direct, knock these pussies off the park, and be the one to step up and make the big play/tackle/ etc. And no doubt when Langley returned they tried a cute hailmary up the left side off the kickoff that ended up in my hands, with a chuckle. There were several free kicks up the sidelines, as that's where we kept them, and that's where we tackled them. And each attempt into the box was largely met with a punch, or a clearance, or missed completely.

We managed to get in their business as well....creating a lot of space with our young weapon who was running extremely well into the corners, and certainly testing their backlines patience. And on one attempt on a cross I think, Langley handled in the box. Joe Weeks leaves the keeper no chance and burries it bottom right.

They had one very good chance when their small striker took the ball down on the side of the six, I came out to make the challenge, he side netted it, and ended up getting run through, and off the endline with some sort of ankle or knee injury. I had a mean charlie horse from that too. There was a lot of bickering about the challenge but I maintain that if you come in that close, and think a keeper is not going to come and challenge that ball then your nuts. if he had put his attempt on net, it would have hit right into me and the challenge would have still had the same effect. The referee agreed.

The next goal was weird, they're keeper is going to have to describe how a ball from the bottom left corner of the 18 ended up getting deflected into the net...looked shocking from my vantage point.

And the final goal, we picked our forward out on a run in our half, he collected at halfway....and carried it in on a breakway from there....little shoulder fake and burried it bottom left.

4-0 Poco...how's that.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How does the second round work...
Where is the tournament tree?

Where does the 4 bye teams slip in?

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
How does the second round work...
Where is the tournament tree?

Where does the 4 bye teams slip in?

The tournament tree should be up tonight updated with the second round, as far where the 4 bye teams fit in, im not sure.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strikers 1 - Dynamo 0

Frustrating game for the Dynamo, we gave up a chance and they buried it, and they missed another sitter shortly after. We had lots of chances but didn't finish anything. Shocking really...as its game after game for us of no-finish.

The real sad news was the injury of one of Langleys most well liked players, Johnny K went down a broken lower leg at about the 70 minute mark after a late and awkward tackle. Johnny was our sweeper, and one of our most dedicated guys. He also routinely plays for 4 other Langley teams during the season (Premier/Nomads/Allblacks/Athletics). Have not heard from him yet this morning with an update. He was in good spirits when leaving via ambulance, and I did hear him offer up free bagels at his bagel shop. Mrs' K will be pissed.

Anyhow we are gutted that we were unable to put the ball away in the final 20 mins and at least get the win for Johnny's efforts.

Good Luck to the remaining PAK Cup teams, I hope to get out and watch a few games.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strikers 1 - Dynamo 0

Frustrating game for the Dynamo, we gave up a chance and they buried it, and they missed another sitter shortly after. We had lots of chances but didn't finish anything. Shocking really...as its game after game for us of no-finish.

The real sad news was the injury of one of Langleys most well liked players, Johnny K went down a broken lower leg at about the 70 minute mark after a late and awkward tackle. Johnny was our sweeper, and one of our most dedicated guys. He also routinely plays for 4 other Langley teams during the season (Premier/Nomads/Allblacks/Athletics). Have not heard from him yet this morning with an update. He was in good spirits when leaving via ambulance, and I did hear him offer up free bagels at his bagel shop. Mrs' K will be pissed.

Anyhow we are gutted that we were unable to put the ball away in the final 20 mins and at least get the win for Johnny's efforts.

Good Luck to the remaining PAK Cup teams, I hope to get out and watch a few games.

Wish him well from us . No one likes to hear news of boken bones.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was an awful sight for us Nomads coming to the field and the play stopped to see Johnny K on the ground in pain waiting for an ambulance to show up. Tragic, as everyone in Langley soccer knows what kind of guy Johnny K really is. In it for the pure enjoyment of the game and would play 6 games in one weekend for all different teams, "just because hes a soccer slut" haha!\

best wishes out to you Johnny from us Nomads for a speedy recovery

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
talked to one of the nurses at the hospital n johnny has a broken ankle i couldn't see him he was in for more x-rays but she said it wasn't good

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ewww unlucky to hear about the ankle broke mine last year playing in a game in january took along time to come back still not 100% gl on recovery

cleatsupp

Sep 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strikers 1 - Dynamo 0

Sorry to hear. We had the pleasure of having Johnny K one year during a summer season. He's a great player and guy. Makes a bad ass bagel. Hope he has a speedy recovery. He truly is the Ric Flair of soccer.

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
round 2 is up on the fvsl website

PAKENHAM CUP 2nd Round DRAW played Feb 19/20/21
1. Langley Utd P vs TWU Titans D1
2. Abbotsford Mariners P vs Aldergrove Utd P
3. Athletic Club BC P vs Chilliwack Rapids P
4. Surrey Coyotes D1 vs Poco Rangers FC P
5. Peace Arch Utd P vs North Delta Fc D1
6. Peace Arch Utd D1 vs Sentinel FC D1
7. SFC Strikers D1 vs Port Moody Gunners P
8. North Delta Lions P vs Poco Revolution FC D1

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
talked to one of the nurses at the hospital n johnny has a broken ankle i couldn't see him he was in for more x-rays but she said it wasn't good

Johnny Had a 3 hour surgery on Sunday AM to mend his leg. Quite a bad break apparently requiring some metal hardware on the larger of the two leg bones, plus some additional angle damage as well. He was in good spirits.

According to the Doctor, Johnnys 1st question was "When can I play again".... what else would you expect from Johnny.

Anyhow, back to the PAK thread, Johnny would be blushing with all this talk about him...

Some good matchups on the newly released schedule!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0