Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pratt and Taylor are killing me...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Province newspaper is a joke, Willes is going off on Bert in his column. I have had enough of a paper that for weeks had the count down to the next Nucks/Aves game on the 2nd or 3rd page of the sports. The Province newspaper and the media in this City are the ones that over hyped this revenge thing, and now that Bert snapped and made a major mistake in his sport and life, they are all over him, driving him out of the city.

I am down with the Province newspaper, my subscription is cancelled and I will only buy it from time to time, when there are major news stories. They have lost a long time subscriber with crap like this.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have had enough of a paper that for weeks had the count down to the next Nucks/Aves game on the 2nd or 3rd page of the sports
That is a huge point HOS, well played.

~Regs.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
I have had enough of a paper that for weeks had the count down to the next Nucks/Aves game on the 2nd or 3rd page of the sports

Bravo, Hos. I'm done too and will be firing off a letter to let them know it. Who's worse, Bert or the media? Sure as hell ain't Bert.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I echo Regs on that one too HOS, even though I was the one who pointed it out to him.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cside17,

Have you seen Chapman since the incident? Could you paraphrase how he can justify what the Province is/has done?

~Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you can, put on The Team 1040 as Rome is having Ray Ferraro on in 10 minutes...

Let's see if he can give some sane opinions on the matter of if Rome fcuks him over.

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ferraro didn't pull any punches that's for sure, but I still feel that the majority of the USA based fans are exactly like Dan Patrick and Raja Dibble are right now... fcuking clueless about the game, but if you notice what a good media type will do is have their little go and move on, not moan on and on and on and disagree with, yell at and hang up on everyone who has a different view of it. OR perhaps go so brutally as far to compare a sucker punch to 911. Pratt you're a useless cnut it's no wonder I hate you and why Mojo left your ass for something / ANYTHING else.

It seems the only hockey press the US gets is negative.

I have a major problem with this city's sports media. Not one, that I can think of, isn't a fat twat with the coordination and agility of a elephant in ballet slippers (dunno where that came from) which I feel is a major issue into their objectivity towards not only incidents like this, but goalless droughts, shitty play etc... They just don't know!

Barry Melrose is suppose to be on by 1:00 or so.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Melrose was good.

I'd like to hear someone call Pratt this afternoon and ask him what his thoughts are of Nikolishon (sp?) jumping on Bertuzzi from behind, lining him up and punch him from behind.

Seriously.

I'm still not condoning Bert's actions but let's call a spade a spade here.

Watch it yourself closely to see what I mean:

http://www.takethepiss.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1360

Cheers,

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus Murphy, here he goes again... Now he's going on about a punch that was never thrown. Make him stop!

The team is going to run 12 fcuking hours of Bertuzzi talk tomorrow, which means Dan Patrick and Rome will be cut for this. No, the media doesn't blow anything out of proportion does it? Why must they discuss a suspension for 12 hours? Is the last 48 hours not enough?

IF he say he broke his neck one more time I'm going to get his.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So JD says you have to feel for Bertuzzi as well and Pratt tells him "well said"?!?!?!?!

You weren't saying that yesterday, plumber! :mad:

Not only that but 5 minutes beforehand you said people on canucks.com ripping you and Taylor didn't matter because they just didn't get it.

:mad:

~Regs.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Ferraro on Rome today and he was useless. Why does Rome use him when he was incapable of bringing any sort of context to his comments? Oh yeah that's right, Rome has no concept of the word.

Having heard Regs talk about Melrose's dodgy commentary on ESPN, I wasn't looking forward to hearing him on Dan Patrick's show. He was in fact the first "expert opinion" to put the situation in it's proper perspective. I have new found respect for the Mullet.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
The Province newspaper is a joke, Willes is going off on Bert in his column. I have had enough of a paper that for weeks had the count down to the next Nucks/Aves game on the 2nd or 3rd page of the sports. The Province newspaper and the media in this City are the ones that over hyped this revenge thing, and now that Bert snapped and made a major mistake in his sport and life, they are all over him, driving him out of the city.

I am down with the Province newspaper, my subscription is cancelled and I will only buy it from time to time, when there are major news stories. They have lost a long time subscriber with crap like this.

hos
That's brilliant. You should work for The Province. I understand your frustration, that's why they do it. So you'll buy it during "major news stories."

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the shameful coverage by Vancouvers media in general is probably based on the fact 'they' and Bert have a frosty relationship at best. If it were any other player they would not be carrying on like complete fcuk wits. Remember most of them are just wannabe dreamers. Pratt by name, Pratt by nature. Taylor dissapoints me. Puppet.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You all know that Ferraro is dating Cammie Granato? I think we as men can understand the power of the labia. Very powerful indeed.

Man I know alot!:)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya gotta love Tiger's rant!!! :D

On the Pratt front, he slammed 3 callers at least for having sympathy for Bertuzzi and not only did he suck up to JD when he said the same thing, he sucked up to BMac as well :mad:

His rant about the 3 most hideous incidents in NHL history (aves/wings, McSorely/Brashear, Bertuzzi/Moore) all had one common element... Marc Crawford... was irresponsible and far-fetched to the nth-degree :mad: Taylor, to his credit on this one, called him on it and you could just hear Pratt start to squirm.

The other thing I recall for yesterday's show was when Chapman came on and said he was proud of his paper's coverage yesterday. Chapman, you are an idiot. The first 7 fcuking pages of the paper devoted to sensationalising this incident? Why didn't you give 7 pages to the most recent Video Game Violence crap?!?!?!

I have no idea what the Province is like today since I cancelled my subscription yesterday... how many pages today?

I'm sure I'll be posting later this afternoon in here :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rick Ball just now...

"go find my bike" - that is classic :D

He also said Wolf Blitzer on CNN had a reporter say on air "this stuff goes on all the time in the NHL".

3.5 hours till Pratt's latest mockery of a rant airs (copyright Paul Chapman & the Province),

~Regs.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Wank1040

I love how the TEAM 1040 staffers constantly defend their opinions by stating.... "This aint the house radio"....

How about a happy medium for a change?

Bill "No" Good I think it is, at least he lets his callers express their opinion about it. Rock 101 also are clearly Bert supporters, but not supportive of his actions and that is the stance I think Vancouver media should take.

Bertuzzi did a horrible thing.... He sucker punched a guy from behind, obviously connected well to a frail chin, or really threw a good one, if he had been facing Moore he clearly would have seen the guy get ko'd before he was even down and probably wouldn't have tackled the guy (Hence no broken neck). Anyone that has ever been in a serious fight knows its hard to judge the result of the 1st punch, you can only assume the guy will reliate and you keep throwing. Cheap and gutless is right but fcuk off with the media crap its bloody depressing.

The media must love it though, getting back at Bert for all the times he's told them to Fcuk off.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a load of shite!!!
Pratt has always been a wanker... He has never done anything physical other than pick up a magazine before heading to the shitter... The Larry and Willy show used to sing "He's big and he's fat and he's David Pratt"...
We can all add to that now...
"He's ignorant and he's a rat and he's David Pratt"!!! :mad: What a daft bastard... Completely over the top and totally offside!!!

Taylor really has disappointed me more than anyone in the media... His verbal attacks on Bert were discusting for a man who considers himself a Vancouver sports fan... He showed a blunt lack of class and respect to a man he has worshipped on the air for over 5 years now... Puppet indeed... More like a weasel... I'm very disturbed by his lack of loyalty and surprised at his lack of knowledge... His comments over the last 48 hrs. have erased all of his great years in the media... One of the only guys in our media you respected and listened to his opinion... What a fcuking loser!!!

I haven't been that wound up listening to the radio in my life... I had to turn it off as I almost threw it across the office!!!

The media has proven they are only after a story... No comapasion, no common sence and definately no knowledge of our nation passion!!!

I was thinking I should cut and paste some of these comments and email them to Team 1040??? Regs would that be considered plagerism??? :rolleyes: Seriously though, would that be OK???

Throw me a fricken bone!!! :confused:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did any of you twats call in and voice your opinions on the matter?

I was just wondering because some of the callers have really embarrassed themselves with stupid points of view. Along with the shakey voices and dodgy rants they can really have a shout for the ttp wanker of the month.

Just wondering...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0