Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup Round 3 MOTW

Presidents Cup Round 3 MOTW

• North Delta Titans versus GEU Phoenix (Upset coming!)

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Dewdney Celtic versus Sentinel

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • LUFC Wolves - Langley Players (This game should be close...roll eyes)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • LUFC Nomads versus Sikh Utd Eagles (Kjohnsob did you pay off Bigbag for your draw?)

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • LUFC Rangers versus North Coquitlam Utd (WOW, Rangers are in round 3)

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • GEU Rams versus Athletic Club BC

Votes: 31 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow....looks like us Nomads gonna have our full 18 man roster out for tomorrow....... is that a good thing or a bad thing? guess well find out

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow....looks like us Nomads gonna have our full 18 man roster out for tomorrow....... is that a good thing or a bad thing? guess well find out

i guess thats what happens when your team starts doing well in cup, the rest of the guys want to come and be a part of it hahahah

SonicY

Nov 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick question: MAP Oval Turf is McLeod Athletic Park in Langley, right? Just that there's no link from the 'Fields' tab on the FVSL site.

Going to Dewdney/Sentinel this morning (since i'm gonna be visiting some family in the area for dinner). Also hoping to get some of the guys (win provided) down to Caps/Poco Pacific tomorrow morning. Late-round cup is always the best soccer.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick question: MAP Oval Turf is McLeod Athletic Park in Langley, right? Just that there's no link from the 'Fields' tab on the FVSL site.

Going to Dewdney/Sentinel this morning (since i'm gonna be visiting some family in the area for dinner). Also hoping to get some of the guys (win provided) down to Caps/Poco Pacific tomorrow morning. Late-round cup is always the best soccer.

It's actually called Neil Macleod Athletic Park
MAP Oval

I think a few Nomads will be at Celtic/Sentinel - come say hi.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So now is that a Div 3 team hammering a Div 2 team? They've got to fix up the levels in this league as that right there is an ass kicking!

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes the final was 5-1 Sentinel.

With the score 3-bagel in the first half, Skytrain scored on a nice free kick to make it 3-1. A few minutes later, he put a cross onto a head of his forward and it would have made the game more interesting if he put it on goal. As it was, it was the last sniff they really had.

Sentinel completely took over the game in the 2nd half and missed a handful of sitters or else they would have won by a lot more. Guru was stellar between the pipes, though.:rolleyes:

Well officiated game, for the most part. He managed to keep control despite the lopsided score and many questionable tackles throughout the game. No matter what the score Sentinel are always "on." They think they should win every tackle and get mad at a teammate when they don't. Full credit to the Celtics for keeping cool when things could have easily heated up.

After Sentinel thrashed us early in the season, the ref said to me after the game, "Well done guys. Thanks for not getting dirty against them."

While trying to catch my breath, I replied, "We tried to be dirty. We just couldn't catch them. I'm heading over to the parking lot right now to let the air out of their tires."

I stand by my prediction that they will win the President's Cup. I would also like to see them promoted right to 1st division as they belong there. Nobody in 2nd will want to play them next year.

FM

SonicY

Nov 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I watched up until about 15 minutes to go, and felt no real purpose in staying. Sentinel were simply too fit and too fast for Celtic. They are a quick, physical team with decent ball movement. The pitch they were playing on was godawful but, you could tell the skill was there.

That being said, they are certainly beatable. There was a good 10-15 minutes in the middle of the game where Celtic were on even footing, possession-wise. For a team to beat Sentinel, they need to be able to run with them. Their ball movement is good, but a majority of their goals were largely due to poor Dewdney defensive coverage, rather than clinical ball-handling. A couple solid crosses and some poor man marking in the 18 resulted in at least two of 'em. A couple of Celtic's guys couldn't handle the ball or make a pass for the life of them.

That being said, they're a good club, and I can certainly see them reaching the last 4.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't overly impressed with thier skill. It's always easy to move the ball around and look controlled when the other team is bagged and was probably done after 10 minutes into the second half.

They were young and pretty quick but i disagree that they should get automatically promoted to Div1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0