Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pro Stadium? Please read.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever...clearly that is written in frustration, but what can we expect from these guys? So few of them seem to get into politics- it seems- for the purpose of actually serving the public. I'm sure most get into it to advance the cause of their own personal agenda...which I don't object to, so long as that personal agenda has a public value that I can get behind as a voter. The piss-off is that when these guys are called upon to DO THEIR JOB, and speak on our behalf, they pass the buck.

Endlessly.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got an email today from a representative of the Whitecaps FC organization.

See below.

Dear Chad,

On behalf of the entire Whitecaps organization, thank you for your thoughtful and passionate letter to local politicians. It is so important for the soccer community to rally behind the stadium initiative – we believe that combining consistent public pressure with the club’s ongoing commitment to the project will ultimately bring it to fruition. I could not agree more, that it is incumbent on our politicians to take action and support initiatives such as the stadium – they are not only good for the game but good for the community as a whole.

I am not sure if you are aware of Support The Vancouver Whitecaps Stadium!. It is run by another avid stadium supporter and friend of the game, Bill Currie. Assuming you are okay with it, I’d like to forward your email to him as, if we can further unite the soccer community around this issue, it will only serve to strengthen our platform.

Thank you again for your support.

Kind Regards,

Rachel Lewis

Chief Operating Officer

Vancouver Whitecaps FC

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who's Chad?

This is TTP - no names, just numbers please.

Like Dude, sometimes I have to go into disquise. When I am saving the world I go by Chad, or The Chad.... plus I cannot help it if people refer to me by other names... The other names are not publishable under normal circumstances...... .

FriendsofSoccer

Apr 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Suburbinator...I'll be in touch by e-mail on Sunday...

Guess what...the first politician started taking his victory lap to try and make BC Place the PERMANENT home of the Whitecaps...it's up to all of us to STOP this now. BC Place is only meant to be a temporary home.

Vancouver Mayor Sam Sullivan - Mayor's Communiqué: Vancouver Benefits from Successful Partnerships

"During his 2008 "State of the City" address in January, Mayor Sam Sullivan identified a number of priorities for the coming year. One of the most important was to secure the future of BC Place Stadium for generations to come. Shortly after that speech, Vancouver Council approved a comprehensive plan - and today the next major step was announced.

Mayor Sullivan joined Premier Campbell and other community leaders at BC Place this morning to unveil plans for a major renovation of the Stadium - including construction of a retractable roof after 2010. The proposal will:

* expand the city's sport, culture & entertainment district
* feature a new home for the Vancouver Whitecaps
* provide a waterfront site for a new Vancouver Art Gallery"

He's the first of many trying to feature this as a permanent move. It's up to us to stop this now.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dunno, I didn't really get that interpretation from reading it. He called it a new home. Isn't that true?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like Dude, sometimes I have to go into disquise. When I am saving the world I go by Chad, or The Chad.... plus I cannot help it if people refer to me by other names... The other names are not publishable under normal circumstances...... .

You can't use TheChad. The is already taken.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Guess what...the first politician started taking his victory lap to try and make BC Place the PERMANENT home of the Whitecaps...it's up to all of us to STOP this now. BC Place is only meant to be a temporary home.

Vancouver Mayor Sam Sullivan - Mayor's Communiqué: Vancouver Benefits from Successful Partnerships

"During his 2008 "State of the City" address in January, Mayor Sam Sullivan identified a number of priorities for the coming year. One of the most important was to secure the future of BC Place Stadium for generations to come. Shortly after that speech, Vancouver Council approved a comprehensive plan - and today the next major step was announced.

Mayor Sullivan joined Premier Campbell and other community leaders at BC Place this morning to unveil plans for a major renovation of the Stadium - including construction of a retractable roof after 2010. The proposal will:

* expand the city's sport, culture & entertainment district
* feature a new home for the Vancouver Whitecaps
* provide a waterfront site for a new Vancouver Art Gallery"

He's the first of many trying to feature this as a permanent move. It's up to us to stop this now.

Now that is baffling. Why would this be in his best interest as Mayer of the City? It is a Provincial Asset!

Irony is that I bet if Premier Campbell were to give his honest opinion, he'd have both the reno, and a new Waterfront Stadium.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW- doesn't the new reno include a new home for the Art Gallery? I'd read somewhere a major part of the decor was to use BC cut cedar, etc.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sam the Scam take a victory lap? Perish the thought.:rolleyes:

Not that I'm a bitter, cynical bastard or anything, but the guy will take credit for anything that he's peripherally related to - it's an election year, and he needs more straws to grasp at.

As far as I can tell, the only part of soccer that Gordon Campbell can relate to is drinking after the game...

Happy Friday everybloody,

Trece

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chad, isnt that what got Bush elected?

Yes... I regret being involved....

therob said:
You can't use TheChad. The is already taken.

Forfeited by absence.

friendsofsoccer said:
Speaking of names, i'd prefer to be called SuburbANator...but whatever... :rolleyes:

Anyhow..back on topic here.... facking thread-jackers.

dude said:
Now that is baffling. Why would this be in his best interest as Mayer of the City? It is a Provincial Asset!

Irony is that I bet if Premier Campbell were to give his honest opinion, he'd have both the reno, and a new Waterfront Stadium.

He's just looking to look like a hero for sure, and the Premier giving an honest opinion is a bit of an oxymoron.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any politician.

Q: How can you tell when a politician is lying?
A: His lips are moving.

Sub politician w/ any of the following: banker, lawyer, real estate agent, car salesman.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sub politician w/ any of the following: banker, lawyer, real estate agent, car salesman.

Ouch... I guess you will be thinking less of me soon...... depending on what comes up I might be working in one of those categories really soon... :eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They aren't all bad. I just got back from a meeting w/ my BDC rep. He's a good old North Shore boy, so instead of golfing, we had a great rip up and down Seymour.

I'd buy a car off you Sub.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0