Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Provincial Cup Men Open 2008 Big Change!

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"poor westside" has only been utilizing red shirts, cuts and ineligible players from the ubc camp, with the exception of two recent signings (one of which hasn't even played).
bottom line, we are essentially playing with the same squad we have been throughout the course of the season, which as seen in our current situation has been somewhat of a struggle. we're a club in transition (very similar to sapp this year and peg a couple years back) with the old guard moving on some new blood coming in....and the results show that.
we certainly have our work cut out, but the focus is our next game tonite and move on from there in retaining a spot in premier and a good cup(s) run.

Your talents are wasted on real estate appraisal. PR or Politics is where you should be ;)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me clarify what I ment by saying they will take spots away from VMSL,,I believe and this is just me thinking out load for discussion,,that 9 teams from the VMSL is way to many as they have what, 12 Priemer teams,,wait Ill check,,sorry 14 and I hear they are lowering that but what do I know,,So really out of 12-14 teams what ever it will be only 3-5 dont make Provincials and out of 10 FVSL Priemer teams 5 dont make it and out of 10 VISL Piemer teams 5 dont make it...And out of 8 Canadian teams in the PCL 7 dont make the provincials...Hardly seems fair at this point...My comment was if and when the Frazer Valley Action and another Canadian team comes back or joins the PCL what then,,only 1 team qualifies from the PCL out of 10. I think not. I, and this is just my thoughts,think that if the VMSL does reduce to 12 teams in Priemer and PCL does increase their number of teams ,they may have to take a spot away from the VMSL,,to make things fair..Thats what I was trying to get across..
All and all I like the fact that the PCL is now involved with the Provicials.
I love Summer Soccer and I do believe the PCL will do very well no matter how many teams they enter in the Cup.
So many good players here in BC and alot only play in the Summer for what ever reason. Also the Interior teams now have a shot at the Provincials too. Penticton will be back in the PCL one day as well makeing 3 Interior teams in the PCL. (Kelowna,Kamloops and Penticton)
This is good for soccer.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It isn't about how many teams a league has in premier, it is about how many teams are signed up on "A" forms (or something like that).

So when the VMSL premier is reduced, they will still have the same number of teams 'competing' for provincial cup spots - 4 spots are awarded through the league cup that is open to all teams in the VMSL to enter I believe.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
HHmmm im tryin to understand,,lol. Anyways as long as the PCL is in you can bet more teams will be entering that league for the summer. It is a very good league. I am happy for them.
I like S occer

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But Regs, the FVSL has a League Cup too, it is the Pac Cup, and I think all 20 teams from the Div. 1 are entered into it, so "A" forms for those players as well. So both the FVSL and VMSL woould be very close in numbers for players on "A" forms. I would think that the difference in numbers would be more to do with success at the Provincial Cup level.

When Victoria won 2 back to back Cups in the early 2000's, didn't the VISL gain a spot or two because of the increased competivness of the Island teams. Since the FVSL has been unable to really make any real runs in the Cup over the last 10 to 15 years, why would the BCSA award more spots to them.

Now if the two or three teams in the Interior of the PCSL can bput together some quality teams that can compete against the best, then perhaps the PCSL could gain another spot into the BC's.

Personally, I think they have it right, why have weeker teams for the valley or island in, when there are soo many quality teams in the VMSL.

This opinion is for Mens Open only, the FVSL Masters is by far the most superiour league in this Province and should be awarded more spots for that.

Thank-you

hos

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you telling me I have wasted 8 years on this freakin site, well it has been fun, and from time to time even a little funny. Here is to 8 more.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, not wasted, you worked towards that first great point. The next one should not take as long.

Glass half full.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
saw this on the vmsl website .

c/p

Due to the fact that the BCSA has accepted the Pacific Coast League’s request to allow one of their teams in the Province Cup playdowns—Open Men’s Division only—the number of participating teams has been increased to 20. For this year only, The VMSL will have 9 slots instead of the usual 8 and one of our teams will be seeded in the round of 16.

At our next executive committee meeting, scheduled for February 4, 2008, we will decide how to choose the 9th team and how to assign the seeding. As always, our members will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.

There is one more issue that the BCSA has to deal with and that is the eligibility of PCSL players in the Province Cup playdowns. Once again, we will notify our members as soon as we hear from BCSA on this matter.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't really think too many would have a problem with making Sporting the seeded team, even with unbalanced schedule arguements out there.

Either that or the Imperial Cup winner but that means they have to make sure the Imperial Cup final is held before the provincial cup draw date.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't really think too many would have a problem with making Sporting the seeded team, even with unbalanced schedule arguements out there.

Either that or the Imperial Cup winner but that means they have to make sure the Imperial Cup final is held before the provincial cup draw date.

I think the league champion should get the seed. Until Sporting has defeated the Group A winner they are not league champions.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must say that I wholeheartedly agree with Oranje on this topic.

Although I believe that he supports the wrong team. At the club level(s) anyway.

Sir M.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right and you tell me how they are going to play a league championship game before the draw is done? That is where I was coming from... history in this league shows that the league championship game is one of the lowest priorities for the league.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I, nor Oranje I believe, am not involved in organizing VMSL games or influending how the league makes decsions. I was just commenting (actually concurring) on what I believe is fair. Oranje can comment as he feels fit. Its a good topic for discusson though.

Sir M.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys should really get your shite together out there! PCSL hahahahahahahahahahahahah talk about a joke. Also, honestly do you really think Azzi is guiding you guys in the right direction TIME FOR A CHANGE lol. And Obviously the guys at BC SOCCER driving around in there mercedes benz's have too much time on there hands. I expect BC representative should be Croatia so that they can represent the province properly even with the disaster of a your provincial cup set-up.

Stirring it up from Calgary home of the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS CALGARY CALEDONIANS

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys should really get your shite together out there! PCSL hahahahahahahahahahahahah talk about a joke. Also, honestly do you really think Azzi is guiding you guys in the right direction TIME FOR A CHANGE lol. And Obviously the guys at BC SOCCER driving around in there mercedes benz's have too much time on there hands. I expect BC representative should be Croatia so that they can represent the province properly even with the disaster of a your provincial cup set-up.

Stirring it up from Calgary home of the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS CALGARY CALEDONIANS

The crack/meth epidemic has apparently made its way to oil country.

I do not organize VMSL games. The league does not listen to my suggestions either. My point is that the fairest way to allocate the extra spot is for the two sides to play off.

The meeting was last night. We'll see what they decide.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oranje,

hmmmm it must be a vancouver thing to slag a guy by suggesting he is a drug addict. Is that the best you can do? One thing i have noticed since moving here is that Vancouver Soccer is not going forward too many muppets running the show and as many muppets talking a lot of shite but not acting on it. Typical all talk no action

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well let me introject: Some of us are doing something to improve soccer out here. Im not a huge WhiteCaps fan but they have impressed me this year so far by bringing their reserve Squad back into the PCSL and have now entered a new Div 3 PDL team into the USL to join Abbotsford as the only 2 Western Canadian teams in that 80 team league.
Victoria has just anounced that they too have joined the Div 3 PDL USL league as well (2009). We also just sent a team out East to compete in the Open Canada Cup. Some are trying to improve things and add more dynamics to BC soccer. I am a supporter of the new Provincials as it now includes more teams and more teams that otherwise wouldnt get a chance as their area doesnt get a spot in the Provincials.
However I do agree and believe some of the powers at be, do need changeing. Time for more new Ideas and new blood.
Just my thoughts.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well let me introject: Some of us are doing something to improve soccer out here. Im not a huge WhiteCaps fan but they have impressed me this year so far by bringing their reserve Squad back into the PCSL and have now entered a new Div 3 PDL team into the USL to join Abbotsford as the only 2 Western Canadian teams in that 80 team league.
Victoria has just anounced that they too have joined the Div 3 PDL USL league as well (2009). We also just sent a team out East to compete in the Open Canada Cup. Some are trying to improve things and add more dynamics to BC soccer. I am a supporter of the new Provincials as it now includes more teams and more teams that otherwise wouldnt get a chance as their area doesnt get a spot in the Provincials.
However I do agree and believe some of the powers at be, do need changeing. Time for more new Ideas and new blood.
Just my thoughts.

And on top of that, Admir is training with them twice this week. I hope it works out for the kid. He is too good to be playing FVSL Division One.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0