Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Re-alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has there been any word on the re-alignment of the second division?

I believe that there is a July 30 deadline for teams to drop out.

Anyone have any info

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Realignment

Whoa, is this thread ever dead......

No word yet but every year there are last minute shufflings so any pre-emptory statement from the Excellent-Board will be a beta version anyway....

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New alignment has been released

The wonderful sight has released the new alignment for the second division.

http://www.vmslsoccer.com/home_frame.htm

Then goto the divisional setup link

Groups show like this:

Group A
Bombastic
United Nationals
Westside Knights
NK Hrvatska
Bosna SC
Western Union Polska
Westside C-men
PG Rangers ‘B’

Group B
SC Optima FC
Ismaili SC
Burnaby Fury
Alemania SC
Nomads
Signmaster SC
Point Grey Rangers 'A'
North Shore Falcons

Group C
West Van Royals
North Shore Primos
Champlain Heights
North Shore JB’s
City of Vancouver FC
Richmond Cougars
Elephant Walk
Cliff Avenue United

I'd say the toughest group is Group A, followed closely by Group C and then Group B

Mickster,

looks like we'll be playing against each other this year.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another Winter Season and more TTP

Biteme, I thought you were with the mightly Club I. Did you jump ship or am I just completely screwed up, again..

Pre season predictions should be coming about soon. Not to sure how the Beam will fare this year as injuries are taking a nasty toll on some of these old bodies. After a winless summer we look forward to another good winter run but we need some more healthy bodies to fill some key spots. To bad we don't get to beat up on NKH again this year, but I'm sure there will be another patsy team to take their place.

Let the piss taking begin.......
:D

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ship jumping

I was with the mighty I, but I know my level and I want to get descent playing time. So, I had a decsion to make.

1.) Take over the third div team of Club I
or
2.) Take over Champlain Heights
or
3.) Find another team to play for

I chose number 2. I live in the area and I know most of the guys on the team. This years team will in no way resemble last years.

As for NK Boneheads, I'm sure we'll be hearing how the little train that couldn't will be rolling along. Our group lost some shite teams and gained some pretty descent teams. The three that came over all ended last year with the same points. I think this will be a tough group to come out of.

Sorry to hear about the injuries, but this might work in our favour.

Are you playing in the Beach Blast Tourney this year?

Biteme...out!!

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Biteme,

sounds good look forward to our meetings on the field. Champlain only managed to get 8 guys out against us last year in both games. They looked alright but were just outmanned. As for the tourney, I hope to watch some of it but can't afford the weekend to play in it. We've started recruitment for the future of the mighty Beam and I just had a baby boy at the end of June, yes a little mickster. I'm one of 4 new dads on the team this year so our beer cooler will be filled with baby bottles this year and our sidelines will look like a nursery!!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There goes the gene pool

For Christ's sake Mickster, you mean there'll be even more crying coming from your sideline this year?:D Just kiddin' of course. Looks like your group is pretty solid this year but lucky enough for you guys there's no team from Point Grey to fcuk things up eh? Good luck and hey, just think, if you forget your shin pads you can just duct tape a couple o' kids to your shins and go.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kid gaurds vs shin gaurds, hmmmm

Thanks for the advice Dapotayto. Yes we were glad not to have a PG team in our group this year. 2 years in a row coming in second to PG is enough. Good luck to you guys in div 1. Hopefully you'll have greater success than Max, Kurgs and the rest of the Rangers. I'll keep an eye out for your progress throughout the year. Maybe we can get an exhibition game in sometime too. We'll try to keep our crying to a minimum this year.......

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickster Jr.??

Congrats on the new addition.

I/we also have a new baby boy born in early May.
My wife calls him mini-me 'cause he looks just like me.
Man, am I getting pissed on at home though
Quote" You're never home. You're always going to soccer"
Nag, Nag, Nag.

Anyways, maybe I'll see you at beach blast.

Dapotayto,

It's gonna be a bit quieter in this thread w/o you guys. It would have been fun if the JB's, PG, NK and CH were in the same group.
OOhh the piss taking would never end.

Anyways,
Good luck in first div.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I resemble that comment!

What are you talking about.......

That is me in game shape !!!! No wonder mickster jr keeps going after my boobs!!

Congrats on your new addition too. Looks like we could be in for years of piss taking.

Home Brew

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cheers,Biteme

Biteme,we will miss you[or at least we will miss those great big Italian sausages].You have been a great part of the Mighty I.and a very strong supporterof the club Thank you. Sidewinder. p.s. still at least 3 summer league games left.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well i haven't been on the piss in a long time but thought i'd wade in with some early predictions:

2a - watch for bosna to win promotion. this group looks evenly matched but with no real quality teams. should be an ugly fight.

2b - look for point grey rangers 'a' to get back to div 1 in this weaker group with maybe some competition from alemania and optima.

2c - the toughest of the groups as you never know what kind of teams city fc, the beam, cliff ave and champlain will field.

as for promotion, there is a potentially ugly battle looming as binger's haven't decided if they're going up or not. if they decide not to, both alemania and bosna are eligible for promotion under 2 different interpretations of the constitution. i hear the lucky team is alemania though so we should hear some loud squawking from the bosna gang - racial decision and all that nonsense. the league plans on closing this loophole as well as instituting a new rule that states that if you win promotion and don't accept it, you're out of the league. they're tired of teams (binger's and others?) winning promotion and then not taking it.

should be a fun few weeks :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations!

Biteme,

Congratulations on your new addition. I had no idea. Also, congrats to you for all the work you put into Club Ireland over the last couple of years, both on and off the field. I wish you all the best with your new endeavor. I'm sure you'll do very well.

P.S. Please send some of the Italian Sausages to King George Park /McNair on Saturdays.

Stephen

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff Ave looks like Burnaby Lake Clubhouse of Old

Originally posted by bandcamp
2c - the toughest of the groups as you never know what kind of teams city fc, the beam, cliff ave and champlain will field.
:D

Some big signings coming out of the Cliff Ave United camp are ex-Premier players Daravio of I-ties and J. Billy of M.F.
With the quality players they had last year,a nd some new additions this year, look for this team to battle in league and in Imperial Cup.
They look like a very good O-35 team in the future too.

LarrylovesLona

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Italian Sausage..my legacy!!!!

Good to see 'll be remembered for something.

Thanks to Home Brew and The Captain for the props.

How does a BBQ for the game at Association sound?

As for my move to CH.
All I want to do is play the game and enjoy some bevies with the boys after.

Who knows, the hoops have the strange way of attracting players back.

Speeking of the CH team, don't expect great leeps and bounds, but we should do better than last year. My goal to solidify a team in termoil.

Some big signings coming out of the Cliff Ave United camp are ex-Premier players Daravio of I-ties and J. Billy of M.F.

THere seems to be a trend in the last couple of years with ex-premiere players coming down a few divs to boost their old team. This will make things tough for teams in my group but then again it might help.

On another note, Captain, Club I could field a o-35 team if the trend to return to your roots continues

Bandcamp,

Who do you play for?

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Biteme

Biteme,
I am sad to hear you are leaving us. The mighty I will miss that little bit of Italia, you bring to the club. I hope this had nothing to do with myself unable to drive you home the other night. I wish you the best of luck and hope we will see you one saturday for a little bbQ and of course the drink of the day whatever it might be. You know how that goes. Congrats also on the new one!!

See at the last couple of thursday games I hope.
Later

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ParkHead sans lurking

It's about time you get on TTP or at least stopped lurking and started posting. It was a long walk from South Arm to East Van last week :cool: Just kidding....I got a ride home.

My time with the Mighty I was great, I learned alot and made some good friends. I'll miss the commrodery (sp). I'll especially miss seeing Home Brew's dad get Buffaloed every weekend.

I'll be at the last few thursday night games.

As for the special drink games, I'll definitely have to come and join in, actually I might have to adopt this tradition for CH.

Speeking of bringing some Italia to the team, I won't call myself your typical WOP. I don't drive an Iroc or Mustang, I don't have a mullet, my hair is not greasey, and I don't walk around grabbing my ****.

Biteme... out...How ya Doin?

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sizing it up...

Damn ... apart from a couple of exceptions, it looks like 2C has the Lion's share of quality teams - should be a hell of a season. I know from talking to a coupel of guys that Elephant Walk are stepping it up this year as well - last year, they pretty much decided not to be too serious, but when they wanted to turn it on, they were pretty damn effective. Cliff Ave are also a very tough team to play and you can always count on a physical battle playing those guys. 2C is where you will see some battles this year - should be very interesting.

I think it's safe to say that Alemania is the class of 2B and as for 2A, I guess Bosna is the favourite, but I've never seen them play. Makes for a very interesting year for sure.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2A

Actually having looked carefully at 2A - what a friggin' joke!!! If Bosna doesn't walk away with this one, I'll be shocked - all those teams are very marginal judging from last year's records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0