Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Read a good book lately?

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not typically a book worm. :rolleyes: Like to read at tea time and that sort of thing, breaks at work, etc...wanted to find out which of you TTP'ers like to crack open a book or two and maybe suggest a good read...let's get your spin on it as well...with that here goes.....

I'm currently blasting through Gazza's autobiography "Gazza My Story" written by Gascoigne and Hunter Davies....if your a Gazza fan and love to hear a story or two from his days with Newcastle, Spurs, Lazio, Ger's, Engerland and all the soccer stories, tales, looking at old footie pics and his path to recovery...it's a terrific read! :D

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
5BT,

Unfortunately, I spend most of my time reading dry text books related to a Masters program I'm doing. But I did manage to read a great book this summer. The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown. An excellent read!!

~S

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really into anything that Robert Ludlum put out, but the "The Bourne Identity", "The Bourne Supremacy" and " The Bourne Ultimatum" make for a great read. The films don't even begin to cover the books. On a lighter note, Douglas Adams "Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy" series is an absolute riot. I was sitting on a bus when I started reading it, was pissing myself laughing within the first five pages, had to put it down 'cause I was getting too many strange looks! Brilliant!

lupoman

lupomanlookingforapangalacticgargleblaster :wa:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone read any of Patrick O'Brian's "Aubrey / Maturin" series?

It's the basis of the recent Russel Crowe swashbuckler "Master And Commander".

I enjoyed the first book so much that I went out and bought all 20 volumes. I'm about halfway through the 19th book, "The Hundred Days" and am almost dreading reading the last book as there will be no more what with the author kicking the bucket a few years back.

It is easily the best historical fiction you are ever likely to read.

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
"The Power of One" by Bryce Courtney, a favorite of mine. Great inspirational read, the movie really, really, really sucked!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
5BT,

But I did manage to read a great book this summer. The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown. An excellent read!!

I keep hearing the same report on this one...I'll have to pick it up.

Agree that the Power of One is a great read, also agree that the movie bit in comparison...but don't they always?

I've always been a fan of John Grisham's law / suspense novels. He typically releases one per year around February. "The Last Juror", his most recent, was a great read. If you're going to skip any of his, miss "The Painted House". Don't know what he was thinking with this one, but I felt like I kept reading in anticipation of the great twist, but it never really came.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've just started Wizard and Glass, the fourth book in the Dark Tower series by Steven King. There are three more after it that I still need to buy, but the first three have been great books.

Talisman by King and Peter Straub was also very good. Swan Song by Robert Macamon I believe(?)was also excellent.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally got around to finishing The Dogs of Babel as mentioned elsewhere, and it turned out pretty good. Perhaps not the ending so much (suicide) as the whole package in general.

Good quick read when you've got time.

Now on to Fahrenheit 451 if I can get it from the library someday. :rolleyes:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have found the Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys series are always a good read. If too advanced for some folk, Curious George is always a fan favorite.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0