Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Real Madrid in Seattle

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
thats pretty cool-but how did this happen? Obviously last minute or something in their tour not work out? Two weeks to get the stadium full. Pretty sure I will get down-this does not happen every day.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I now have like 20 something guys that want to go...
may organise a charter bus...that way we can hit the piss pretty good without having to worry about dd's, leaving the only worry waking up the next day for work on little sleep and a mighty hangover.

I think they were looking for a venue as the already had a fixture inSalt lake to play Real SL or something,
http://www.realmadrid.com/articulo/rma25336.htm

should be good, the DC utd site says they are bringing their full roster of probably outside of Chelsea, the most talented squad of individuals. Whether or not they can play as a team this year or not remains to be seen.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
I am also purchasing 6 tix.

Got 6 yesterday in the presale. Just had a look at Ticketmaster. Looks like upper deck is filling up quickly at the lower prices as seats are now a ways up towards the corners. $75 level lower tier but in the corners. Still great seats if you are willing to drop $125.

Bit of an aside, Mariners are home next door in a matinee on the same day. Not a bad double header.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We got 7, section 117 in the corner at $45 USD each.
14 rows up...
I'm pumped...
How many of us are there?
We should put together a TTP Greyhound Piss Up bus.
cheap on the fuel too!

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey guys, I'm heading down as well to the game and I have a friend who has a couple extra tickets he can't use. I got the OK from Regs to advertise them here. They're lower bowl, around 30yd-line 20 rows up. I've sat here for Seahawks games before, and they're unreal seats. If you know anyone who wants tix, just PM me and we'll sort it out.

Any luck on that charter bus? I'd be in (2 of us, maybe 4) so let me know what's up. Thanks.

TS

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
heading down for an overnighter in the afternoon with a few lads and homi behind the wheel..hence the need to stay the night.

Beckham playing?...this will impact my hairdo.:D

any suggestions on a pre-game pint establishment? + post-game shenaningans?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha...
Fado Irish pub is close to the stadium at 801 1st avenue.
It is a Celtic bar, but I still think it might be the only place to really go prior to kickoff for a pint or three.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I meant as far as a sports bar/ soccer friendly place is concerned.
That is where the Sounders Supporters said the best party would be tonite.
all 3 of them ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know any names, but you'll have no problems finding more than one soccer friendly bar. When we went down for Man U, every bar on the strip was packed w/ soccer fans.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
every bar on the strip was packed w/ soccer fans.

better I suppose than every bar socked in with packer fans stripping.

maybe see you at the Fado's bluenose

I'll be the guy with the beckham mohawk thingee and the posh tshirt:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves,

Is it one of those glue on Mohawks? Because, you know...

Sorry, uncalled for. Where's my plunger?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, that was awesome.
sitting here trying to knock the 3am sleep time and 6:00 am wake up call cobwebs out of my head...
1-1, but a great game. Loads of scoring chances, DC United actually moved the ball around well, but died in the last 15 minutes, did their manager not know in a glamour friendly like this he can make as many subs as he wants to?
Adu looked good, he wasn't out of place...and with a bit more time he may live up to all that hype. He created the DC Utd goal with a clever dribble and run with the ball down the right flank before depositing the ball into the box where I think Ecksandarian eventually slotted it home.
Cassano's goal for Madrid was nice.
I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of those folks in attendance have ever actually watched, live or otherwise, an entire footy game. It was the David Beckham love in. Everytime he touched the ball, or was mentioned by the ignorant announcer there was a huge cheer. He was okay, didn't run for any loose balls, didn't win one tackle, floated a few of his trademark dangerous balls corner kicks and set pieces in, but never really threatened, except for the one build up he started by switching the park, and advancing Madrid 35 yards up the park with a spot on driven switchto Cassano.
Emerson is a genius. so cool and calm.
I forgot that Jonathan Woodgate even existed anymore, he played very well as far as I was concerned.
Roberto Carlos is slowing down, or didn't pit in a good shift last night. Even his 18 yard pile driver free kick was hot, but not placed very well, although the pandemonium in the real area following the attempt was crazy!
I think the Organisers did a good job, but should fire the cameraman and Announcer that balls up every name and face, and lineup spot.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0