Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent DVD/VHS/BETA Rentals

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The weather of late has made it ideal for movie rentals. For me, it was Anchorman and Dodge Ball. Neither was a superb movie, but I have to give the nod to Anchorman over Dodgeball. Will Farrell outdoes Ben Stiller and Farrell's supporting cast outdoes Dodgeball's. It is a toss up, however, between Christina Applegate and Marsha Brady. They both have their moments.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DodgeBall was terrible, but I was kind of comparing it to OldSchool, and nothing can match OldSchool

Most recent NewRelease was GardenState, I liked it, but I am still not sure if you would call it a chick flick or not.

Saw EuroTrip the other night, it was funny, but trying to be a little to much like American Pie. There are some funny parts, and the ManU supporter bits crack me up. Some good Tit action in the movie too.

hos

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got back from the video store, and discovered a classic!

Up the Creek!

Oh the memories...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We dont' rent as the wife brings freebies home from work.
This weekend was The Bourne Surpremacy (Matt Damon). Pretty good show but not nearly as much action as the The Bourne Identity. Still a good flick though.
Second on the movie list this weekend is Jet Li's Hero
Anyone seen it?
I've heard it's sub titled but i can handle it if it's got lots of action in it.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle said:
Got back from the video store, and discovered a classic!

Up the Creek!

Oh the memories...

Ah yes, I remember watching that on my Sony Betamax back in the day. I still use my betamax as a boat anchor.

Favourite part of that flick was when Long Duck Dong (I think that was his name, or was Long Duck Dong in Revenge of the Nerds?) got caught in the rapids "Down Liver."

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Up the Creek has been on all day on one of the digital channels... forget which one :confused:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hero - Just plain awesome. By far the most visually stunning films I've ever seen.

Manchurian Candidate - Rent the original with ol' Blue Eyes. Much better. The dream sequence is damn cool and Angela Lansbury is a major bitch in it.

The Bourne Supremacy - Lives up to the hype after the first. Damon is doing a great job in putting together a memorable character in Jason Bourne -- a strong silent type reminisent of Eastwood's early Joe & Manco characters.

Garden State - Is still on the list of "To See", but I read that Natalie Portman had to be taught how to play an LP on a record player for one scene. :D

King Arthur was this weekend's choice at the Keeper household. Clive Owen was alright, but the dialogue had a bit too much cheese. Gibson pulled off the "Freedom" line because he was the first to use it -- King Arthur uses it as often as Eddie Murphy says "fcuk". Interesting take on the origin of Arthur and his knights, though.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
Ah yes, I remember watching that on my Sony Betamax back in the day. I still use my betamax as a boat anchor.

Favourite part of that flick was when Long Duck Dong (I think that was his name, or was Long Duck Dong in Revenge of the Nerds?) got caught in the rapids "Down Liver."

Long Duck Dong was from Sixteen Candles where he meet his new American Style Girl Friend and put his car "In Lake, Big Lake".

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sh!t Dial, you don't read the movie reviews in the movie thread anymore? All those movies mentioned above have their own threads :p . No need to keep posting the same things in new threads :confused:

The best thing about "Up the Creek" is Jake the dog. Everyone also gets laid and gives us all hope :rolleyes:

Keeper, thanks for the reviews...again. ;)

Yogi, I always leave it up to you to correct the classics :) There is also a "Hero thread" somewhere.

Any reviews on that under rated movie "Sideways"?

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
Sh!t Dial, you don't read the movie reviews in the movie thread anymore? All those movies mentioned above have their own threads :p . No need to keep posting the same things in new threads :confused:

I see your point SC, but I got overwhelmed by all the responses to Aviator. ;)

This thread is kind of like the "What's for Lunch" thread which is a quick look at what we're all eating instead of a specific thread for each restaurant.

Are you going to start the thread for Up the Creek, or should I?

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Up the Creek has been on all day on one of the digital channels... forget which one :confused:
It was on ESPN Classic Canada this afternoon. Discovered that AFTER I went out and spent $4.00 renting it! :(

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
Those threads are for movies, this is for DVDs.

That's why you won't see my review for the soon-to-be-considered-classic The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou in here.

Duh. ;)

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Those threads are for movies, this is for DVDs.

That's why you won't see my review for the soon-to-be-considered-classic The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou in here.

Duh. ;)

Don't won't to read between the lines, but are you saying ol' Zissou is worth the CDN$10.50?

Your's in the media (ie Cornwall Times) suppression of Celtic,

Buckfast

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
Any reviews on that under rated movie "Sideways"?

Well, Lucvanlierde says "its romantic its comedic its great". Terry concurs. So there you have it. Obviously LVL and Terry watched it together sat "sideways" on the couch staring deep into each other´s eyes and penning a review for us all.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw a demonstration of the 'sideways on a couch' position last week on Sex, Toys, & Chocolate... great stuff though the demo was with a chick and a guy, but to each their own I suppose.

To be on topic, I hope they put together a season of ST&C on DVD... would be a great buy (and rental)... can't get enough of Robyn, she's the hottest thing on Canadian telly now!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
I hope they put together a season of ST&C on DVD... would be a great buy (and rental)... can't get enough of Robyn, she's the hottest thing on Canadian telly now!

Great show indeed Regsi. As a chick I feel confident in saying that Robyn is one fine looking bird. Why wait for the rental, just pull out the old beta and press record ;)

Dap,
If you're looking for some company it sounds as if Terry and Luc have some time. I'm not too sure about the space on the couch though :eek:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What´s with all the acronyms? I´m not sure what this thread is about anymore except for the sordid loveseat tangling of Luc and Terry. I suggest renting CPR and if that doesn´t satisfy you try some AT&t or perhaps give BDSM a go.

To be on topic, Hero is a great movie. Some excellent battle scenes though it obvious that Broken Sword´s Kung-Fu is substantially weaker than mine.

Are you trying to take the piss out of me Ms. Chocolate? I would suggest you have more important things to do, like improving your footy skills. The ad on the right side of the page says soccer classes, 3-4 years. You might give it a shot. In 3 or 4 years you could be as good as me.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0