Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

REFEREE ABUSE - PENALTIES/FINES ETC ???

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a recent Boys Dist 5 U16 game between Delta & SFC ,the SFC coach was sent off for continually yelling @ the referee.
He was warned before the referee pulled him up again -still continued to yell @ the ref and was sent off and was still yelling when walking off.
He went and stood behind the fence close to the players bench.
He entered the field as soon as the game finished and met & spoke to some of the players and some parents- he was again ordered off by the referee.
He approached the referee again in the parking lot when the referee was with his young daughter.
He sent out emails and trained the team during the next 5 days after being sent off - during this time he was supposed to be banned from all soccer activities according to the BC Soccer rules.

Punishments should very severe for referee abuse - what sort of penalties are actually given out ?

Who would deal with this issue -BC Soccer or Local District ?

What would u guys suggest as penalties to deter this kind of behaviour ?

Dist 5 Rule 13 -
13. Dissent from team officials, players or spectators is unacceptable. There will always be
calls you disagree with; everyone has to learn to accept that aspect of sports. Do not
question calls, or badger or harass referees during or after the game. This is a “zero
tolerance” issue – any verbal or physical abuse of referees will lead to very serious
penalties.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
this problem will never go away because wankers will always patrol the sidelines of kids and adult games. they respresent 5 % of the viewing public, and yet they are the loudest a-holes at the field. i've been on both sides of this, reffing kids, adults, coaching kids and adults. The moron faction of the parents are the hard ones to swallow. coaches at least have some sort of understanding of the game. . Ref's however, i have noticed. are slowing becoming pussy's. when i was playing things would get heated and you say things, but it seemed like ref's had thicker skin. i have had a ref kick me from the field for throwing my hands up after a call. i call it the barry robson flap. i wasn't even looking at him. so, it goes both ways. parents who are morons and clueless about the kids skill level or rules of the game, and ref's who take everything to serious and bunch there panties up whenever someone questions there authoritah. it will never go away because stupid people keep reproducing.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a recent Boys Dist 5 U16 game between Delta & SFC ,the SFC coach was sent off for continually yelling @ the referee.
He was warned before the referee pulled him up again -still continued to yell @ the ref and was sent off and was still yelling when walking off.
He entered the field as soon as the game finished and met & spoke to some of the players and some parents- he was again ordered off by the referee.
He approached the referee again in the parking lot when the referee was with his young daughter.
He sent out emails and trained the team during the next 5 days after being sent off - during this time he was supposed to be banned from all soccer activities according to the BC Soccer rules.

Punishments should very severe for referee abuse - what sort of penalties are actually given out ?

Dist 5 Rule 13 -
13. Dissent from team officials, players or spectators is unacceptable. There will always be
calls you disagree with; everyone has to learn to accept that aspect of sports. Do not
question calls, or badger or harass referees during or after the game. This is a “zero
tolerance” issue – any verbal or physical abuse of referees will lead to very serious
penalties.

The REAL question is: what's up with all of the colours and fonts?

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For blatant repeated disdain for the rules you should certainly get a lifetime ban.

And the SFC coach should get something further too...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dist 5 Rule 13 -
penalties.
Put him in a bright room with Diane Watts for 24 hours. Tape his eyes open and tie up his arms so he cant plug his ears. Then plug his nose and have her sit on his face.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have had my fair share of disagreements with referee's but it ends on the pitch. Not sure of a life time ban for said behavior if its his first interaction. how ever if he went after an official in the parking lot after the game was over a very stiff penalty is in order. 1 tear ban maybe and life time if it happens again!!

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The SMSA gave only a 3 game ban - apparently this coach was remorseful and offered to write a letter of apology to the ref .I feel this penalty is just a slap on the wrist as its way too lenient. It makes a mockery of the rule guidelines on the Dist 5 leage website .

penalties. - THIS NOT A SERIOUS PENALTY

16.1.2 It is the responsibility of team and club officials to check the exceptions
and the rules involved. Lack of understanding of the rules is not an acceptable defence. -
ITS A JOKE ABOUT HIM NOT KNOWING ABOUT BEING INVOLVED IN SOCCER ACTIVITIES WHILE SERVING HIS BAN.

This guy is not remorseful or apologetic and its all a big sob story to get away with a soft penalty -which he,s successfully accomplished.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I miss the Urakunt icon. But, I like the piling up of a bag of dicks. That's more like it.

Now then, when i was a child, I played a soccer game where one of the fathers from the other team came out onto the field and called me a bad name. Since that time, I have adopted that word into my vocabulary at every chance I get. I just don't think coaches and parents understand the lasting impressions they leave on little ***ing s***s like the c**t I turned out to be. A**hole.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There real question is, where would Dianne Watts be on anyone's "wouldya" list? Probably on the same list as Christy Clark.

Not sure what is hiding underneath DW's skirt, but the hair...that needs a makeover. Take care of the hair, and we may be talking serious business.

Serious business like the business of discussing children's soccer on a site called Take The Piss.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not likely, Trece.

I still don't need to use colouring, and have the super human power of having to have it cut every 3 weeks. EVERY THREE WEEKS! Do you have any idea how expensive that gets, and how hard it is to get an appointment during the Holiday season?

Do you?

DO YOU?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cry me a freakin' river...:p You're jealous.

Besides, how could you turn this down?

6498629.jpg

:wa:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0