Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Relegation Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Assuming that one team gets dropped from each group, who'll be plying their trade with the likes of Dexterity FC next season?

Teams with zero points from the first three weeks seem the most obvious candidates, but some other sides may just have been punching above their weight so far.

Zero points (aka MacDonald Realty Watch):
Meralomas
Socceroos
B United
Kosova SC
Cliff Ave. Cobra

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know, but it sure looks like Dexterity FC's keeper is none too dexterous. Maybe they're using one of those cardboard stand-up cutouts of David Hasselhoff in the goal?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would be shocked if Meralomas went down ... from Div 1 to Div 3 in 2 years? I doubt it... unless the entire squad from last year quit.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demotion watch at week 6: Hellas, Kosova, and C lects. Lurking close by: Cliff Ave.,B utd,Cleos,Socceroos, Lomas and surprisingly Alemania. I cannot understand how the Aussies play so poorly against everyone but the Knights. I would expect Alemania to improve as well as Lomas. Hopefully not against us though...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Kosovo has the most impressive record so far. They have managed to not score in 5 games. That is a pretty good indicator things are not going well.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Things are starting to get a bit dangerous for C-Lects and Kosova in 2A and 2B, especially since they've both forfeited games already. It's a bit early to be doing that. That said, a win would put them both back in the hunt. 2C seems like it will have the best relegation fight, with every team having a win. 27 goals against makes the 'Roos seem likely candidates to clash with the mighty Dexterity FC next season, though...

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Roos are rampaging up the table after the shock draw against GN. Will they be able to hold Hellas off until the end, though?

Kosova have put a few points up in 2B and should be able to stay ahead of B United.

As for 2A, the C-lects are still having trouble fielding 11, and are in a lot of hurt. Their remaining two games against Aryana will probably settle this one, since Cliff Ave will definitely pick up a couple more points along the way.

StuckIN

Jan 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I'm assuming that the three top teams have a playoff to see which two move up? Also how does it work if there is a tie at the end of regular season? does it go goals for/against? the record between the two teams? or is it just a playoff match? Thanks for the info still trying to fugure this league out and that GREAT website isn't much help. Cheers

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 3 group winners of A,B and C al lplay in a 3 team play off of some sort to determine which 2 go up. i assume everyone plays everyone once and it will be some sort of head to head the goal differntial to sort out the tied teams.

Any end of year ties are always playoff matches.

The Excellent site is money!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
StuckIN, I suggest you ask your team manager when the VMSL AGM is. You can show up to that meeting and propose any improvements that you'd like to see made to the website, league, etc.

cheers,
dezza

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I seem to remember 4 but it could be 3. Next year will be interesting as there may be some more modifications to groups divisions etc that come out of the AGM and any followup meetings.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I seem to remember 4 but it could be 3. Next year will be interesting as there may be some more modifications to groups divisions etc that come out of the AGM and any followup meetings.
Wouldn't it only be one if they're trying to balance the extra teams dropping from Premier? Three down to Div. 3, and only one up to Div. 2?

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's what I was thinking - more teams in Div 2 is definitely not what the doctor ordered. I thought they were trying to reduce number of teams to get more parity in the division.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the unsaid master plan is to go to a 20 team div 2 with 20 team div 3. I think that will be brought up this year as they plan on going forward bit by bit so there is less arguing etc at the meetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0