Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Richmond Airport League 2010

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After a year's hiatus, we're back for more fun and mayhem. Noted that this league is a shadow of its former self, with just 6 teams remaining, but we'll see how things turn out. We have a lot of history to look back on here.

Starting off tonight with a game vs. the Texas Rattler's UN crew, our collection of rookies and old farts will see how they measure up against a team that's played together for a while, although I'm not really expecting a lot...:rolleyes:

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
UN 7 Spurs 0

Thank goodness for lowered expectations...:rolleyes:

It all started as the ref with the Guatemalan ticket went to the other field - to be replaced by the Guatemalan ref with no ticket and no clue. Still a step up from previous years' officiating, but still more than a few moments where his calls left both teams wondering WTF?

FCBytca missing in action so we had to put old PingPong Paddle Hands in goal instead. All I can say is that the Texas Rattler couldn't score so I don't have to live with that.:D

That said, the score wasn't quite indicative of the game; we just have too many front-runners who couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat in the middle of the Pacific. UN were full value for about 4 of their 7; the rest I attribute to a goalkeeper who is so old he falls in slow motion and a combination of WTF calls.

Also at South Arm, with the Guatemalan-accredited ref in charge, Wu Tang and Barley slugged it out to a 3-3 draw. Over at Burnett, the Blue Devils doubled Justice 4-2.

More fun this coming Wednesday...

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because I like talking to myself...:rolleyes:

Spurs 3 Justice 0

It was actually close for about the first 15 minutes, and then their most effective guys ran out of gas. 1-0 to us at the half, and should have been several more, but FCbytca has the finish of a goalkeeper.:D

Two more for us in the 2nd half, with a whole bunch of chances that went unfinished. Kops are a very different team this year; none of the guys from the Reds winter team were out. Burnett is terrible; the hardpan has already cracked in a few places. Led to some really odd bounces with the ball...

Other scores: UN 5-2 over Barley (I'm sure the Barley site will have a great moan over that one) and Wu Tang 5-2 over Blue Devils.

Onward and downward...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More results:

Spurs 1 WTF 1
UN 3 Kops 2
Blue Devils 5 Barley 3

Lack of finish in the first half came back to haunt us in the 2nd. WTF played courageously while shorthanded, and tied it up late in the game.

Trece

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's for real. I suggested he find a team closer to Richmond rather than driving to the Fraser Valley. We (BC United) play out of Cloverdale.

Hope he works out for someone.:)

Cheers.

I guess he not a game breaker if you told him to find another team!

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've never seen him play... just trying to help someone find a team to with. Richmond isn't that far considering I have a player coming from Squamish every week.

If any Richmond team is looking for players PM me and I'll forward his #.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indeed.

Stanky game. Wish I could have played, but sidelined with a broken toe. Congrats, Rattler. Are we still on for the Legends game next round?

Trece

toohip

Jan 16, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey,

I was in this league many years ago, and want to get back in. I think I played for the spurs. Any chance to get back in for 2011?

Cheers,

dave hamilton

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0