Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Robben to Real Madrid?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MADRID, Spain (AP) - Real Madrid is lining up Chelsea winger Arjen Robben as its next transfer target.

The Spanish champions said Wednesday that any deal to bring Robben to the Santiago Bernabeu stadium is unlikely to go ahead before next week at the earliest.

"It is a negotiation which will take place in the coming days or weeks and if the situation is favourable, by which I mean financially, I think that he is a player who could be brought in," Madrid president Ramon Calderon told Spanish radio station Onda Cero.

The BBC reported Wednesday that Robben had agreed personal terms on a five-year contract with Madrid and was due to arrive at the Bernabeu on Friday.

Spanish media reported that Madrid had offered 18 million euros (C$25.9 million) for the 23-year-old Netherlands winger, but Chelsea is asking for 23 million euros (C$33.1 million).

if(!sops){if(p.sops){var sops=p.sops;}else{var sops="";}} if(dUnitBox==true){boxAd=true;} if(boxAd){if((!dUnitSky)||(!dUnitSuper)||(dUnitBox)){place300x250();}}
Robben, who has endured a testy relationship with manager Jose Mourinho since his arrival at Stamford Bridge from PSV Eindhoven in 2004, has said he would like to join Madrid.

After his team had beaten the Suwon Bluewings 1-0 in Carson, California, Mourinho said that he still considers Robben a Chelsea player - for now.

"At the moment, he is a Chelsea player with two more years of contract and he is working well," Mourinho told Britain's Press Association. "I look at him as a Chelsea player and he has to compete against very good wingers like we have. I am happy with the situation."

New Madrid coach Bernd Schuster met with sporting director Pedrag Mijatovic earlier this week to review next season's team. They decided to accelerate the exit of several players this week before signing anyone new.

After signing centre backs Christoph Metzelder from Borussia Dortmund and Pepe from FC Porto, Madrid has a surplus of central defensive options with internationals Fabio Cannavaro of Italy and Sergio Ramos of Spain also in the squad.

Madrid confirmed that Ivan Helguera is set to soon join Valencia, while Alvaro Mejia finalized a move to newly promoted Murcia Wednesday, agreeing to a four-year pact.

With Brazilian defenders Cicinho and Marcelo also on the roster, veteran Michel Salgado is also expendable but he has three years left remaining on his contract.

Madrid won its first league trophy in four seasons, ending its longest major silverware drought in 53 years.
Has Chelsea brought in anyone new this year?

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Robben is just a super sub for Chelsea, he wasnt playing more thn 30 minutes a game the last half of the season, I'd want out too. He'd play at Madrid with Becks gone.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0