Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ROCK STAR - Supernova

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone checked this out yet? This season the newly created band of rock and roll legends - Tommy Lee, Gilby Clarke and Jason Newsted - Supernova is looking for a lead singer.

So far this has been a great show! The hosts are once again Dave Navarro and Brooke Burke.

Check it out!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best show of the summer by far, well, other than that world cup thingy.

Dilana will take it I think. The dude from Toronto (Lucas) seems like a prick and not to mention limited in his 'skills'.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m watching but It doesn’t have nearly the same quality as Rock Star Inxs did. At least with that one they could have had 4 maybe 5 legitimate winners. Here, one maybe 2. Lucus sounds like he’s trying to sing with a death medal voice. The rest of the guys are all rubbish in their own way.

The problem I see with choosing a chick is Tommy Lee will have her on her back the whole time, though you’re right, Regs, I think at this point Dilana is the best one.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week was top-notch!

Still can't believe ZAYDA (or whateverthefcukhernameis) is still in it :mad:

Lucas sounded awesome with his rendition of Creep.

T-Lee says he's surprised Josh lands in the bottom 3, says he thought they rocked together, and then gives him the axe 30 minutes later? WTF?

Must be the drugs.

:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
Remember Regs he is half Greek. Never trust a Greek...isn't that the saying?
No. The saying, if I remember correctly, is "Greeks are corrupt." We settled that about a year ago.

The other half of the saying is "Italians are cheats", but I don't think that's been fully resolved yet.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
No. The saying, if I remember correctly, is "Greeks are corrupt." We settled that about a year ago.

The other half of the saying is "Italians are cheats", but I don't think that's been fully resolved yet.

or is it that "Germans have square heads" etc, etc ... :rolleyes:

what a tosser

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
And it is all over...the canadian wins!!!

Lukas Rossi became the latest Canadian to be named a rock star on Wednesday night.

The Toronto native was one of four contestants on Rock Star: Supernova vying to become the singer for a hard rock supergroup featuring drummer Tommy Lee (Motley Crue), guitarist Gilby Clarke (Guns N' Roses) and bassist Jason Newsted (Metallica).

Rossi is slated to front his more famous bandmates for the first time in a full show on Jan. 1 in Las Vegas.
The newly formed group is to record an album and embark on a 28-city North American tour.
Supernova may not stick as their name, however, as an existing California band is mounting a legal challenge.
Just hours before the show aired, a United States District Court judge issued a preliminary injunction barring the reality band from performing, recording or selling music under the Supernova name pending the outcome of the lawsuit.
In contention with Rossi were Iceland's Magni Asgeirsson, Australian Toby Rand and Dilana Robichaux, a South African living in Houston. Eleven other contestants were eliminated over a 13-week period prior to the final show.
In the end it came down to Robichaux and Rossi, with the winner a Canadian for the second time in as many seasons. J.D. Fortune of Oakville, Ont., won the contest last year to become lead singer of popular '80s band INXS.
"I wouldn't have come here if I wanted second or third place." Rossi told CBC News before the final.
It's a trip the 29-year-old former fry cook at Hooters almost didn't make, according to Barbara Sedun, an executive with EMI Music Publishing Canada.
"We heard about the Rock Star: Supernova auditions from a friend of ours in L.A. and we knew right away that Lukas was the right guy for it," she said.
"I called him up and he was not interested ... So we didn't send him to the first audition in Toronto," she said.
But Sedun was insistent and bought Rossi a plane ticket to Los Angeles.
"We called Lukas up and said, 'Lukas, you have to go.' There was no 'No.' "
Rossi had been working at part-time jobs and playing with his own band, Rise Electric. But those close to him knew he could do more, said bandmate Dominic Cifarelli.
"He's a rock star, period. He has the voice," said Cifarelli.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not bad.

Feb 19th QE Theatre

Kinda more interested in the house band with Magni and Toby singing - opening act.

Hush.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A firend of ours tried out for this, and wasn't selected to go because "his look was too normal". Told to bring his voice back next year, and an edgier look. :rolleyes:

Found this to be very entertaining. Personally, can't get into American Idol, but these musicians are all pros, and they can down right entertain. As for this group, I doubt they'll last past their contract agreement.

Wonder who the band will be next summer?

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glad that a Canadian won but Toby should have taken it

This group will last the Contract and then Tommy will jump
Ship
Show seemed more contrieved then Inxs but was fun to watch
Navarro seemed more at ease this year with people covering
NirVana tunes .. they were so sacred last year during Inxs

Love to see Van Halen Lower themse;ves and see DLR audition ..... see that leather bag pull a hamstring trying to do one of his patented Jumps

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I noticed they stopped using the name Supernova last night as well.
Lawsuits can do that to a show.

I didn't watch any of the shows except part of last nights because i was doing computer work at a friends who was watching it.
I couldn't see those 3 guys touring with a woman and having her in the dressing rooms before and after the concerts etc., while thier all sticking their tongues down a new groupies throat every night.

It'd be a little awkward don't you think?

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't really impressed with the Supernova original songs that were played over the last few weeks of the show. Some of the originals that the singers themselves came up with were better. Oh well, two for two for Canada.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I too wasn't impressed with their material previously but to be honest, I found it better when hearing Lukas perform last night.

I found it funny that TLee would rip into Magni saying his original stuff was easily forgettable - ummm, Tommy, nobody remembers any of the SN originals!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they made the second best choice (was hoping Dilana would win). Magni's original song was more entertaining than the rest, though.

Toby's was too "pop", and I'm surprised they liked it so much. Maybe it was the dollar signs they were seeing by taking ownership of the song, then selling Toby to all the teeny bobbers, and men like TheRob, this side of Iceland. It has gold mine written all over it.

Lukas' "Head Spin" was...I don't know how to describe it..."poor me"-ish? I hate songs like that, self pitying and all that shite. Yeah, I feel for you, all the millions you will earn, and all the groupies you will "entertain". Fcuk off, you brat.

Never heard the bird's, but likely very good. I thought she was easily the best, and I'm not sure her being female factored in to the post show groupie scene as much as possibly having to deal with all the estrogen, 24-7. Can you imagine this chick on the rag?

But, Magni can rock. Loved his song, and performance. The guy sends it.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched this show since the first episode. Much better than any other singing reality show. The house band and songs from Rockstar really make teh show. From day 1 i picked Lukas and dilana as the final two. Never saw Magni or Toby, making it to final 4, but they did. As for their pick. It was the proper choice. Lukas was consistent thru and thru. Fcku people he's a mini-tommy. There was no way they were picking a chick to lead this group. Don't know if i'lll go see teh show at the Queen E, but i may change my mind by then. wonder if they will cover the crue/metallica and GNR.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0