Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Roids in the NHL??

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
...alleged is right.

I'm not trying to "fight the good fight" for guys... I was just passing along what I was told to me by a guy that I might suspect of using if I didn't know him.

Sure guys will come out and say they did. This guy will try to throw as many big name bodies under the bus as he can to strike a deal that will see him become Bubba's bitch for a smaller amount of time than if he just keeps his mouth shut.

I hope the guys that are using allegedly, and they are banned and fined.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
...alleged is right.

I'm not trying to "fight the good fight" for guys... I was just passing along what I was told to me by a guy that I might suspect of using if I didn't know him.

Athletes have no problem admitting to gambling, dabbing into recreational drugs, sleeping around etc. like your friend noted to you.

One thing that athletes never like to admit or share with anyone else is that they are roid users---primarily because of the stigma that gets attached to them as being fakes and because their accomplishments are ignored or highlighted with an *.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure, I guess.

I realize that the proliferation of roids for other than bulking up is starting become more rampant, even is "Sissy" sports like Cycling.

I guess admitting that someone could be lying to you or telling halftruths is hard to do too.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks need to get in on this ASAP. Without roids = average team...With roids = Contender????

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure, I guess.

I realize that the proliferation of roids for other than bulking up is starting become more rampant, even is "Sissy" sports like Cycling.

I guess admitting that someone could be lying to you or telling halftruths is hard to do too.

JBN...you still have your head up your ass about this.

What sport do you think pioneered the used of roids? It was cycling, going WAY back into the early part of this century. Cycling has always, always been on the leading edge. I'll go fish out one particular article (now a couple of years old). Have a read; it'll blow your mind.

You think because a guy isn't bulked up that he can't possibly be juiced...and you are so wrong. It is a wonder drug that does amazing things for recovery.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dood:

Not quite the smoking gun you're making it out to be, but still an interesting (if odd) read. "I want to be a recreational roid user and spend stupid money on this?"

Not having anybody get caught doesn't mean that nobody is using; it just means that nobody's been caught yet. Conversely, finding out that some hockey players are using doesn't necessarily mean that usage is rampant. Until somebody is tested and caught, though, we won't be certain, and any dirty little secret will remain a dirty little secret.

Better living through chemistry,

Trece

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Except that this wasn't aimed at recreational users. Granted, this was a competitive amateur, but he was 100% funded by the magazine for the purpose of the article, to give real, unbiased perspective on the effects a professionally managed PED program can have.

It's not cheap, and it requires a scheduled, coordinated effort, but the results this guy experienced due to increased ability to recover and added strength and endurance is pretty damning.

Keep in mind- this was 2003.The drugs and masks have gotten even better since.

My point hasn't been that usage is rampant, more to rebuk the denials that there is no problem w/ Steroids in the NHL. There is no problem- as you say- because nobody really gets caught. They don't exactly have a difficult system to maneuver. I especially like Don Cherry's comments that "these are good kids". So? Think a lot of the baseball players weren't at one time good kids? Same applies in other sports.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0