Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Roman Tulis

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice article written in the Sun on Roman and his latest student from his school that has left BC for Europe (Slavia Praha).

Player's success helps soccer coach cope with cancer

Roman is very sick right now as he continues his battle with cancer. Roman coaches both my kids and, like a quite few players (a handful in the VMSL Premier infact), has been huge in their development. He's taken them both to Europe and has instilled a fire inside of them to try and make the most out of this beautiful game.

Even though the school is run as a business, Roman's relationship with his students is of total care. He has this unique way of dealing with the players that enables them to trust him and in return, he gets the most out of them. I've seen it first hand, especially in Europe, while playing against pro youth teams, we were being laughed off as a bunch of 'Canadian hockey players' before the game. With his amazing leadership and experience, we come out on the other end of these games as not only the victors, but totally respected for our play and our skill. Incredible experiences that as a parent, I couldn't have asked for more!

He teaches them about respect and the benefits of hard work - life lessons that go beyond the game. He also asks the players to express themselves on the field while enjoying the moment - something that isn't always done at club football. He doesn't coach them to do what he wants, he coaxes them into doing what he wants with encouragement and positivity. Total development! In return, they give him their total respect.

Although Roman and the school has been very, very successful (he's won a slew of tournaments over in Europe as well as sent many players to Europe, university and other pro/semi-pro leagues), he always shares the applause by mentioning the development done by the the player's club teams. Others might take all the applause but Roman never does.

Never mind my kids, I've learned a lot from him and I really hope and pray he recovers quickly! I still got more learning to do!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went to Romans for 5 years was an awesome learning experience. Got the opportunity to play in a tourny in Portugal, and learn more than you could imagine. Nothing against the other soccer schools, because they all do good things for the kids, but Romans definitley takes it to another level. I wish the best to the Tulis family and hope Roman can tackle this one, and keep doing what he's doing.

Cheers, Cascadesoccer

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0