Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ronaldo For Chelsea...?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
px.gif

From football365.com

Wednesday February 18 2004

RONALDO WHO?
Real Madrid striker Ronaldo has hinted that he could be interested in a move to the Premiership. The brilliant Brazilian is wanted by Chelsea, who last week were reported to have offered £230,000 a week for his services, and is quoted as saying: "When there is interest from other teams, you have to listen - especially when that interest comes from England and I've never played in the English league.

"I know there is interest from English clubs though, as yet, there's nothing concrete. Right now I'm happy at Real and love the club but I'd be foolish to dismiss any interest in me."
Would this change the EPL landscape next year? If Ronaldo came into the EPL, how far off would more superstars be?

How about ZZ in Liverpool? :D

~Regs.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Ronaldo For Chelsea... No..........?

Depends what website you read. I read www.autotrader.co.uk

Ronaldo says no to Chelsea
By This is London
18 February 2004

Brazil striker Ronaldo has denied any interest in joining Chelsea and repeated his desire to stay with Real Madrid.

Ronaldo, currently preparing for his country's friendly in Ireland, has led Madrid's title charge this season with 19 goals in the Primera Liga.

The double World Cup-winner has been linked with a move to big-spending Chelsea in recent months - but he claims he is staying put unless an offer comes in from White Hart Lane.

'I have heard some English clubs are interested in me, but nobody has said anything to me officially,' he told Diario AS. 'Chelsea? I am not moving from Madrid; I am very happy there,' he added.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ronaldo will never play in the EPL, ever. Chelsea's Russian owner has expressed interest in every Madrid player. They are all comfortable playing in the best league in the world, if they wanted to step down a level I'm sure most of them would go back to Italy. EPL, please.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LVL, if Ronaldo goes anywhere he will go back to THE BEST LEAGUE in the world the Serie A. Inter have expressed interest in having him back.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A player like Ronaldo will not play in the EPL. I think you have to be much fitter to play in the EPL and it is the most physical league. With his injury tendencies and his pudgy frame, I think he needs to stay in a league where there is more slow methodical build-ups. Maybe he should join Peg. :D

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps the Mensa twins could start a thread in which they debate the relative merits of Serie 'A' and La Liga when compared against the English Premiership?

That would make good reading.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
zenga said:
LVL, if Ronaldo goes anywhere he will go back to THE BEST LEAGUE in the world the Serie A. Inter have expressed interest in having him back.

After what Ronaldo did to Inter, I highly doubt they would ever have him back. They were so loyal to him and his rehabilitation for those 2 knackering yrs. He gets healthy and leaves to the best club in history. I know Chelsea made a serious offer to Rivaldo, they through a check at him, he went down, a stetcher carried him to the airport, now he's playing back in Brasil.
This could all be a misunderstanding. It was V not an R.

Although if Ronaldo did happen to jump down to the EPL, it would be nice to a 50 goal season. Let's face it, we are discussing the best player of all time.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fastshow said:
Perhaps the Mensa twins could start a thread in which they debate the relative merits of Serie 'A' and La Liga when compared against the English Premiership?

That would make good reading.

Fifa World fotballer of the year has gone to a player playing in La liga or Seria A every year for the past 25 years. The best players play in the best leagues.

I hear that this years Art Ross trophy may be goin to someone in the Swedish elite league.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ronaldo turned down an offer from Rangers many moons back.

Wasn't the money, but the 'league' he stated.

If he wouldn't sign for Rangers, logic states he wouldn't go to the EPL.

:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, so much for that speculation...
Ronaldo rules out Chelsea move

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Press Association
Wednesday February 18, 2004

[/font]
sp.gif
B[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]razil striker Ronaldo has denied any interest in joining Chelsea and repeated his desire to stay with Real Madrid.

Currently preparing for his country's friendly in Ireland tonight, the Brazilian has been in impressive form this season, weighing in with 19 goals, which have taken Real to the top of the Primera Liga.

The double World Cup-winner has been linked with a move to big-spending Chelsea in recent months, while Manchester United and Arsenal are also said to be monitoring his situation.

And despite being quoted in several tabloids today as saying he would happily listen to offers, Ronaldo is now insisting he is not interested in leaving the Bernabeu.

"I have heard some English clubs are interested in me, but nobody has said anything to me officially," he told Diario AS. "Chelsea? I am not moving from Madrid; I am very happy there," he added.
[/font]

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Duplicate posting...?

Regs said:
The excellent VMSL site :D

~Regs.

Oh.

I haven't been on that site since they introduced paid memberships.
It's simply not worth it, the articles are rubbish. Apart from the 'discipline' section. It makes me feel saucy.

Vinny

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luc,

your way off about Ronaldo being the best player, and Rivaldo being offered to play at Chelsea, and the Serie A still being the 'best' league in the world was the biggest load of shite ive read since Fastshows last post.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinny said:
Luc,

your way off about Ronaldo being the best player, and Rivaldo being offered to play at Chelsea, and the Serie A still being the 'best' league in the world was the biggest load of shite ive read since Fastshows last post.

I take it you don't have a television.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's face it, we are discussing the best player of all time.

Quite possibly the most ridiculous comment EVER on TTP.

I take it you don't have a television.

I take it you have never seen footage of Pele, Johan Cryuff, Diego Maradona, George Best, Franz Beckenbauer, Rudi Krol, Rivelino, Garrincha, Eusebio, Alfredo diStefano, and Buzz "White Shoes" Parsons.........I think you have been kicked a few too many times during your UFC events, Luc. :eek:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ronaldo could arguably be the best "goalscorer" ever. He has produced wherever he has played and his production at the World Cup is second to none. I believe he has tied or passed Pele for most goals by a Brazilian with two less appearances than the latter. He scored over 50 goals one year with PSV and has led both la liga and the serie A in scoring over his career. Even if he is out of shape he still gets the job done.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Quite possibly the most ridiculous comment EVER on TTP.

I take it you have never seen footage of Pele, Johan Cryuff, Diego Maradona, George Best, Franz Beckenbauer, Rudi Krol, Rivelino, Garrincha, Eusebio, Alfredo diStefano, and Buzz "White Shoes" Parsons.........I think you have been kicked a few too many times during your UFC events, Luc. :eek:

I've seen alot of footage of all these great players. In your attempt to impress with all these names, you have forgotten to mention the player considered by most to be the 2nd greatest player to ever lace up the boots.
MARCO VAN BASTEN

If you don't recognize Ronaldo as the greatest player, then my friend i hope u are never on a selecting commitee, or a coaching staff for that matter.

The most exciting player, the best finisher ever.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0